Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BBC
    Mexican man refuses to give up lions on his terrace

A man in Mexico City is refusing to give up the three lions he keeps on his terrace.

Federal inspectors say the trio should be moved into more appropriate care.

Their roars have caused concern in the highly built-up area, according to local media, and neighbours have voiced their complaints on social media.

Omar Rodríguez says he keeps them because he wants his grandchildren to get to know the endangered white species, says El Universal newspaper.

"I know that maybe these are not the best conditions," Mr Rodríguez told AFP news agency. "The best condition for having a lion would be on the African savannah, where it could run freely, but you know…"
    He says he has kept lions for 20 years and he has appropriate paperwork from the Profepa federal environment agency.

However, the authorities say he has not provided this, and the animals' living conditions are not suitable.

Mr Rodríguez has been told to allow inspectors to visit his home in the Colonia Asturias area on Friday, or the case may be referred up to the attorney-general's office. He has also been asked to provide documentation on the lions' origins.

Authorities have been called in after neighbours heard roars in the middle of Mexico City.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Hillary Clinton lost her security clearance because of her email scandal. It's about time.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Well, so what, in the Trump administration you can already lose your security clearance because you don't praise Donnie hard enough ... or because someone sows the unfounded (and false) rumor that you gave any informations to the press.

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• All hail the orange emperor. He wants to be like Emperor Palpatine, but lacks any sort of real brains. And he lacks clothes too. All the orange emperor troll with no clothes!
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Funny enough Kid (once again) doesn't tell the whole truth.

He makes it sound as if it was taken away from her (against her will), but truth is that Clinton herself asked for her security clearance to be revoked

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              Funny enough Kid (once again) doesn't tell the whole truth.

He makes it sound as if it was taken away from her (against her will), but truth is that Clinton herself asked for her security clearance to be revoked

It was taken from her as the result of the investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

It was taken from her as the result of the investigation.
                No.

And investigation? What was the result of that? Oh that's right. Millions of dollars wasted on nothing. Kidiot. Nothing more than a dog and pony show.
                Last edited by Giancarlo; October 12, 2018, 22:37.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Kid is right in a round about way ... if it hadn’t have been for opening the investigation again publicly right before the election, she may well be President and thus not have asked to have her security clearance revoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Kid is right in a round about way ... if it hadn’t have been for opening the investigation again publicly right before the election, she may well be President and thus not have asked to have her security clearance revoked.
                    I'm right in a direct way. She requested to have her clearance revoked because it was going to be revoked.

Comment

• That’s still round about even if true. Direct would be if it was taken from her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        That’s still round about even if true. Direct would be if it was taken from her.
                        I said she lost it and she did. You all are being ridiculous. Cognitive dissonance. The truth is so painfull.

Comment

• more dumbass ramblings from kidiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I said she lost it and she did. You all are being ridiculous. Cognitive dissonance. The truth is so painfull.
                            You said it was taken from her as a result of the investigation. It was not taken from her if she requested it be rescinded. Neither did she lose it. Words have meanings.

Comment

• And germany "traditionally" has a large muslim population (relatively speaking, absolutely it is less than 6% of the german population) thanks to a large immigration wave from turkey after WW2 (when germany desperately was seeking for immigrant workers) ... it is quite normal to have Shisha bars in the cities and to have no problems in finding a Döner-Imbiss.
                              Didn't we have this conversation with festivals and things like Oktoberfest getting shut down for being offensive to Muslims? There's a reason Merkel is pushing for immigration and it's not because she's got the best interests of Germany at hand.

From the percentage of female muslims I encounter who don't have their heads covered I would say it is as normal for them (in germany) to not wear any headcover, as it is normal for catholics, to have sex before marriage and/or use contraceptives other than Knaus-Ogino
                              Do they also talk about the 'no-go' zones like they have in Sweden and France? Or is that something that you're not allowed to talk about?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Didn't we have this conversation with festivals and things like Oktoberfest getting shut down for being offensive to Muslims? There's a reason Merkel is pushing for immigration and it's not because she's got the best interests of Germany at hand.
                                You mean these fake news?
                                https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...on-ban-6459561
                                https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ba...fest-petition/

A petition that was started by some troll from the netherlands, created on a US petition website and receiving just a few hundred signators.
                                A petition that even doesn't exist anymore (I guess it was taken down).

If (as a resident in germany) you really would want to start a petition that may have political effect, you would use the petition website of the german Bundestag and not on some US site

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Do they also talk about the 'no-go' zones like they have in Sweden and France? Or is that something that you're not allowed to talk about?
                                There are no 'no-go'-zones in germany. I guess your informations are from similar right-wing (fake-)news media as the information about the Oktoberfest
                                Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 13, 2018, 05:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X