No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the pyrrhic victory, bk and kidiot.

This may have motivated some evangelicals, but will have more blowback. You just sacrificed younger voters and independents. Enjoy it before the destruction in november.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
      Well, the GOP just used up their main energizing card for the evangelical voters before the midterms. Way to go.
      Except this may end up energizing the other side far more.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Some interesting thoughts on what the Democrats should have done:
        https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status...56398966562817

(more or less, walking out of the voting and calling it a sham, instead of taking part in it ... as it was already clear that the GOP= was hellbent on confirming Kavanaugh, no matter the costs, and therefore nothing the Democrats could have done would have prevented it ... also Feinstein should have disclosed the sexual allegations (without mentioning Dr. Fords name) as soon as she heard of them, not at the last few days before the voting)
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Quoted for posterity! I hope you're more accurate than the Hillslide you predicted 2 years ago.
          You were a moron two years ago and you are still one. Different day. Its not 2016.

Comment

• I don't know. I see young people and women really pissed off after this. That may end up hurting republicans in many more ways than one. Great way to actually get young people involved, especially when they feel their lives are now under threat. I'm certainly more motivated. There is a House member I am certainly going to help campaign against. Steve Knight. The local douche as I call him.

Democrats in swing states will have a major boost after this. Congratulations, you just lost the house.

Comment

• Well the DNC officially announced that they do not believe women. They say the case against Ellison is inconclusive.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Well the DNC officially announced that they do not believe women. They say the case against Ellison is inconclusive.
                You voted for the pussygrabber. Spare us. 20+ women. You called it lies. You support judge groper. 4 women. You called it lies. **** off please.

Comment

• Slate says that Susan Collins "cruelly attacked" CBF.

When she did, she went on an excruciatingly cynical and unnecessarily cruel rant about the unbelievability of Christine Blasey Ford’s story, a diatribe that was utterly unconcerned with the psychology of traumatic memory recall and the specifics of Ford’s allegations.

In her soliloquy, Collins listed every reason she doubted Ford’s sworn testimony that Kavanaugh had tackled her on a bed, covered her mouth, and attempted to rape her at a high school gathering in the early 1980s. “The four witnesses she named could not corroborate any of the events of that evening gathering where she says the assault occurred,” Collins said. “None of the individuals professor Ford says were at the party has any recollection at all of that night.” She listed the people who denied the assault took place—Kavanaugh and alleged participant Mark Judge—and those Ford said were there but have professed they can’t remember any such party. Collins said it was telling that even Ford’s friend, Leland Keyser, said she didn’t know Kavanaugh or remember any such gathering. Collins implied that it was fishy that, though Ford said she couldn’t remember how she got home immediately after the alleged assault, no one has come forward to say they drove her home. Finally, she noted with audible suspicion that Ford had said she’d fled the gathering abruptly, yet no one called her the next day to ask if she was OK, “not even her closest friend, Ms. Keyser.”
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Susan Collins will be fired in 2020.

Comment

• This may have motivated some evangelicals, but will have more blowback. You just sacrificed younger voters and independents. Enjoy it before the destruction in november.
                      Kavanaugh had pretty broad support across the board for his confirmation. Lots of young folks, especially young men and women see that the smears against him could easily be used against them too. Nobody likes seeing their families drug through the muck as a political power move.

The best move for the Democrats would have been to confirm Kavanaugh as well qualified back in July and then move on. Instead, they drug out the process and turned it into an election issue.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                        Uncle Sparky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They should have walked out and refused to vote. And dragged out the WV Democrat before kicking him out of the party.
                        You're thinking of Cosby drugging people... or do you have insider info on Judge Groper?

• Also, the word out on Kavanaugh prior to the hearing is identical to what Susan Collins said. This is how the democrats created Clarence Thomas. He's been an implacable enemy for almost 30 years now. Pushing him further to the right by calling him a serial rapist isn't exactly the best move. We'll take a clone of Thomas who's 15 years younger though!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Kavanaugh had pretty broad support across the board for his confirmation. Lots of young folks, especially young men and women see that the smears against him could easily be used against them too. Nobody likes seeing their families drug through the muck as a political power move.

The best move for the Democrats would have been to confirm Kavanaugh as well qualified back in July and then move on. Instead, they drug out the process and turned it into an election issue.
                        LOL No. He did not. Get a ****ing grip please. You're completely ignorant on this matter.

I already posted a 538 link showing his support is the lowest it has ever been for a judge. Lots of young folks are clearly against him.

He is a piece of hypocritical crud, just like you are. You have NEVER changed. You are sitll the same decrepit loser who is out of touch with younger generations. Not only that you are a moral degenerate.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-senate-votes/

WEAK, very WEAK public support. This does not bode well for you.

Yeah folks... across the board support lmao.

Under water with independents...

He's under water.

Prior to confirmation, one key poll had public support for Kavanaugh at 33%.

But hey 33% is "pretty broad support" for Benny Boy. What a putz.

Comment

Also, the word out on Kavanaugh prior to the hearing is identical to what Susan Collins said. This is how the democrats created Clarence Thomas. He's been an implacable enemy for almost 30 years now. Pushing him further to the right by calling him a serial rapist isn't exactly the best move. We'll take a clone of Thomas who's 15 years younger though!
                          Enjoy the impeachment and removal.

BTW, Clarence Thomas isn't exactly the best man to cite.

A second woman has accused Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual assault, and a campaign to impeach him is looming.

He's still at it.

Comment

• LOL No. He did not. Get a ****ing grip please. You're completely ignorant on this matter.
                            Like you I talk to folks, and that's what I'm hearing. Folks like me who didn't support Trump are on board, especially some young folks that are #walking away because they are disgusted with the conduct of the Democrat party and their perpetual smears.

If the best thing you have in your quiver is to accuse someone of gang rape some 35+ years after it, then that's a pretty empty quiver.

I already posted a 538 link showing his support is the lowest it has ever been for a judge. Lots of young folks are clearly against him.
                            LOL. How many polls have been taken of justices prior to their nomination? How are they conducting the survey to ensure that the samples remain relatively comparable?

Things have changed, Gian. It used to be that the democrats respected the competence of nominees irrespective of parties. It used to be that they would routinely vote to confirm a justice based on their experience. Now? They don't care. So, by comparison even if you showed that there were a difference it would indicate that something in the politics have changed. This is something that's long been observed over the last some, 30 years so you're a little bit late to this party. I could touch on the increasing politicization of the Supreme court starting with justice Warren, but I doubt you have anything to contribute to that discussion so I'm not going to bother with that.

He is a piece of hypocritical crud, just like you are. You have NEVER changed. You are sitll the same decrepit loser who is out of touch with younger generations. Not only that you are a moral degenerate.
                            Yawn. Like I said. All you have are smears. I have in fact changed quite a bit over the years. Just not in the direction that you would like. Back in 2003 or so I scored about a moderate left on the political compass. Only took Poly about a year or so with folks like you and the rest to push me over to about a -2 social and +5 econ. Yes, Gian, I'm basically a libertarian at heart.

Comment

• Enjoy the impeachment and removal.
                              Good luck with that. You'll need 67 votes. Seems like a winning issue to run on going into the midterms about how Kavanaugh is an illegitimate nominee and how you're going to overturn the nomination.

What you seem to forget is the amount of ground that the democrat party has lost since they decided to Bork. They used to dominate the House and the Senate, having controlled both for half a century. 67 would have been a not exceptional number in the 60s and 70s. Now? Democrats have never had more than 60 at any point in some 30 years. The world has changed.

You had 60 from July to August of 2009, and again from the end of September to February of 2010. That was your high water mark.

Perhaps you should look in a mirror to try to understand how you went from dominating American politics to running behind the Republicans?

Comment

Working...
                              X