Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

King Salman suffers a technical malfunction when arriving for talks in Russia.
    Blah

Wow, when it happened, he actually improvised and walked the stairs on foot.
    Guess this ability of rapid thinking is, what differentiates a leader from a pawn
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      Wow, when it happened, he actually improvised and walked the stairs on foot.
      Creative thinking out of the box

Blah

Comment

Russian tampering with the escalator process! Hopefully this incident will not escalate tensions between these two oil producing nations.

Imagine if this would have happened when Donald Trump was announcing his candidacy! No, just imagine it. Donald Trump stuck on an escalator for the entire primaries. Oh what could have been ... *wipes tear from eye*

Comment

I noticed the press conference in Trump tower reg. Charlottesville was in an area with fully golden walls. Not only did I wonder who paid for them, I was also pleased to see another rich guy wasting his gold ducats for overly pompous, kitschy, and generally bad-taste appearances. This Saudi dude's golden escalator goes into the same direction
          Blah

Comment

Because it fits the topic Saudi Arabia:
            Yoda oversaw the signing of the UN charta by Prince Faisal in 1945

At least this is what a certain number of students learned (until the book was withdrawn), when they looked at one of the "historic" photographies in their school textbook

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/w...iddleeast&_r=0
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

"A Jedi and a Sith Lord sit next to eachother at the table..."
              Blah

Comment

His ass was so fat he broke the escalator.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

On a long shot this is fitting to the topic - descend problems, almost Saudi and german.

What is it with Düsseldorf Airport since this seems to be the normal :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    On a long shot this is fitting to the topic - descend problems, almost Saudi and german.

What is it with Düsseldorf Airport since this seems to be the normal :

Flat land all around, you also have to cross the river (i.e. Rhine) coming from one direction (IIRC coming from 230). Guess that results in a few temperature differentials that may cause a more windy environment there.
                    Also both runways point into the same direction (05/23), so if you have crosswinds from around 150 or 320, there is no runway that you could use in order to apprach the winds headon.

Addendum:
                    Seems like in this particular case, however, Xavier was the culprit, the storm that haunted germany during the last week
                    Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 10, 2017, 02:22.

Comment

And then of course there's this (also weather-related):

"The year's wildfire season is one of the worst in history in the United States, with nearly 8.6 million acres (3.5 million hectares) burned so far, just behind 2012, according to the National Interagency Fire Centre."

Firefighters make further headway against devastating blazes in northern California's wine country but say the death toll of 34, already a record for the state, is likely to climb with more than 250 people missing.

Of course there's some other explanation than global warming. Several I expect.

Comment

Monkey!

Blah

Comment

Frans de Waal

Comment

errrm

Sean Sykes Jnr, 24, was being interviewed when his flatulence became problematic for detectives.
                            Blah

Comment

Aaaawwww, beat me to it.
                              How about a car crash involving naked kidnappers high on "Herbal"(hallucinogenic) tea.
                              A relative says the man and two women may have unintentionally consumed hallucinogenic tea.
                              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                              X