No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read an article from a feminist that is worried about the metoo campaign. There was worry that all it would take would be a few false accusations that took down a few good men and that the campaign could backfire and be viewed as a militant feminist thing. That men in business might say that the best way to protect themselves is to just not hire women. Problem solved. My only concern is for those that were just innocently flirting. If the women was into the man it's a date, but if not, it's harassment. It can be a fine line. Yes there are many pigs out there, but I don't know if it all should be considered harassment. It's obvious when there are threats or inappropriate touching, but when it's flirting, it may not be.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or - we could stop flirting and force women to make the first move.......

Then sit back and watch homosapiens go extinct.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
        Or - we could stop flirting and force women to make the first move.......

Then sit back and watch homosapiens go extinct.
        perhaps that's just for the best. We were doing so well right up until everything started spiraling out of control.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Man 'cements microwave to head' in Wolverhampton
          Why someone would decide that cementing their head inside a microwave is beyond me..
          Fire crews took an hour to free the man who "could have suffocated" in the prank.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I'd make a joke that maybe it was kid but the article said
            He and a group of friends
            so we know it wasn't him.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A 29-year-old man has been charged after a snowman holding a rocket launcher was painted on the window of a republican support group's office in Londonderry.

The image included the message: "Wishing you an Explosive Christmas."

The window display appeared at a republican group's office in Londonderry in October.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

now see, you can't do that

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I just read an article from a feminist that is worried about the metoo campaign. There was worry that all it would take would be a few false accusations that took down a few good men and that the campaign could backfire and be viewed as a militant feminist thing. That men in business might say that the best way to protect themselves is to just not hire women. Problem solved. My only concern is for those that were just innocently flirting. If the women was into the man it's a date, but if not, it's harassment. It can be a fine line. Yes there are many pigs out there, but I don't know if it all should be considered harassment. It's obvious when there are threats or inappropriate touching, but when it's flirting, it may not be.
                  Several people have voiced similar concerns.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Nikki Haley (Trumps Ambassador to the UN) when asked about the women that accuse Trump of sexual misconduct:

When asked about Trump's accusers by Dickerson on Sunday, Haley said the women should be heard.
                    "Well, I mean, you know, the same thing, is women who accuse anyone should be heard," Haley said. "They should be heard and they should be dealt with. And I think we heard from them prior to the election. And I think any woman who has felt violated or felt mistreated in any way, they have every right to speak up."
                    "I'm proud of their strength," she added. "I'm proud of their courage. And I think that the idea that this is happening, I think it will start to bring a conscience to the situation, not just in politics, but in, you know, we've seen in Hollywood and in every industry. And I think the time has come."

Haley echoed the statements from the White House about the accusations, telling Dickerson that whether the issue was settled during the election is "for the people to decide."

"You know, that's for the people to decide," Haley told Dickerson when asked if it was a settled issue following the election. "I know that he was elected. But, you know, women should always feel comfortable coming forward. And we should all be willing to listen to them."
                    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/10/po...ers/index.html

Last edited by Proteus_MST; December 11, 2017, 04:18.
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Trump introducing "Newspeak" to the CDC:
                      According to the Washington Post: Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst...

The CDC got a list of words it isn't supposed to use anymore ... among them "evidence-based", "fetus", "transgender" or "diversity".
                      Seems like projects that use these words (in their project description/papers won't get federal funding anymore.

I thought 1984 already were a thing of the past
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

All those words are Double-Plus-Ungood!

Comment

It's fully understandable that the current administration has a prob with using "science-based" and "evidence-based"
                          Blah

Comment

Urban planning is somewhat complicated in Baarle-Nassau...I wonder what would happen if Belgium or the Netherlands left the EU and enforced their borders?
                            Originally posted by BBC
                            The Dutch municipality of Baarle-Nassau is home to more than 20 Belgian enclaves, some of which contain Dutch enclaves.
                            The Dutch municipality of Baarle-Nassau is home to more than 20 Belgian enclaves, some of which contain Dutch enclaves.

Comment

Donald Trump, quite recently, traveled to the Korean Peniswalla

Comment

The polic may be your friend and helper (well, at least in germany), but dn't count on the police to help you on every occasion.
                                Especially, don't use a police officer as masturbation helper if s/he is trying to restrain you

So happend in St. Petersburg (Florida) ...
                                a woman with a vodka bottle was sitting in a bus shelter (during rush hur) and simulating sex acts for the amusement of the motorists.

When a police patrol arrived (a black and a female officer) and the female officer tried to restrain her, she threw racial ephitets at the black officer and used the female officers left arm to sexually satisfy herself as well as licking said female officers right arm

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...led-fun-628439

Pity that neither bodycam footage of the incident exist, nor a more detailed description of the officers about the incident

Comment

Working...
                                X