Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah

Comment

After a Berlin man farted twice in the presence of a female officer in February last year, he was made to pay a €900 fine. A Berlin court re-examined the case this week.
      The defendant, Christoph S., had reportedly farted twice in the vicinity of a female police officer during an identity check in February 2016 in the Friedrichshain neighbourhood, the Berliner Zeitung reports.
      The team leader of the 32nd police unit saw this as a form of insult against his colleague and filed a complaint against the man.
      A year later a Berlin court ordered a surprised Christoph S. to pay the draconian €900 fine.
      “It is one thing if the leader of a police unit sees his colleague’s honour as being injured by a fart. But it is quite another if prosecutors and the judiciary agree - that is a failure of the state,” said Christoph S.’s lawyer at the appeal hearing on Tuesday.
      The appeals judge agreed with the defendant, throwing the case out within a matter of minutes.
      But just because it is now officially okay to fart in front of a Berlin cop, remember, it's still bad manners.
      After a Berlin man farted twice in the presence of a female officer in February last year, he was made to pay a €900 fine. A Berlin court re-examined the case this week.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

He was lucký that it wasn't classified as a terrorist poison gas attack
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Defendant: "Smeller is the feller!"
          Judge: "Case dismissed!"

Comment

Wait, Aeson - Does that mean the lady cop was trans? What a novel defense...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I had to go back and read it again since I had deleted all memory affiliated with this thread ... my findings:

The team leader of the 32nd police unit saw this as a form of insult against his colleague and filed a complaint against the man.

Comment

US Navy officials have said it was "absolutely unacceptable" that one of their pilots used a jet's contrail to draw a penis in the sky.
                The phallic outline over an airbase in Washington State provoked mirth, but not everyone was amused.

Pride of the US Navy!
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

A work of art
                  Blah

Comment

Blue balls ... that's gotta hurt!

Comment

The Catholic school apologises for the sculpture of a saint handing a loaf of bread to a boy.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I am not sure how that one got through the design committee.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Carbon nanotubes allowed for the creation of Vantablack, the blackest black ever created.
                            It is so black that 3D-Things coated with Vantablack totally become invisible, if they are moved into the front of a background of Vantablack

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/15/wo...ial/index.html

I an see numerous applications ... for example as the fashion colour for supervillains and Goths, or as interior paint for haunted houses (with performers also wearing suits coated with Vantablack) ... although I guess, if used for the latter purpose, the haunted house will be confronted with lots of visitors getting heart attacks

On a sidenote:
                            Don't even think about using Vantablack in order to creeate artworks.
                            An artist named Anish Kapoor used milions of dollars in order to buy the exclusive right to use Vantablack in his artworks
                            (shutting out any other artist who wants to create his own artworks with Vantablack)
                            Stuart Semple, one of the artists affected by this, retaliated however ... he created a shade of ultraflourescent pink and made it clear that Kapoor is exclusively restricted from using it

Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 24, 2017, 04:55.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

Saudi king's golden escalator gets stuck - BBC News
                              Visit BBC for trusted reporting on the latest world and US news, sports, business, climate, innovation, culture and much more.

King Salman suffers a technical malfunction when arriving for talks in Russia.

Originally posted by Mitch Hedberg
                              An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                Carbon nanotubes allowed for the creation of Vantablack, the blackest black ever created.
                                It is so black that 3D-Things coated with Vantablack totally become invisible, if they are moved into the front of a background of Vantablack

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/15/wo...ial/index.html

I an see numerous applications ... for example as the fashion colour for supervillains and Goths, or as interior paint for haunted houses (with performers also wearing suits coated with Vantablack) ... although I guess, if used for the latter purpose, the haunted house will be confronted with lots of visitors getting heart attacks

On a sidenote:
                                Don't even think about using Vantablack in order to creeate artworks.
                                An artist named Anish Kapoor used milions of dollars in order to buy the exclusive right to use Vantablack in his artworks
                                (shutting out any other artist who wants to create his own artworks with Vantablack)
                                Stuart Semple, one of the artists affected by this, retaliated however ... he created a shade of ultraflourescent pink and made it clear that Kapoor is exclusively restricted from using it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack

You think maybe Howard Taylor has a chance to sue for violation of intellectual property rights?
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X