Rest in Peace, SG(2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest in Peace, SG(2)

It is with the greatest sadness that I must report the death of Ivor Wason, known to this Community as Scouse Git(2).

Ivor succumbed to lung cancer after a frighteningly short battle - he was on holiday in France with me and my family only a fortnight ago. He died peacefully, in hospital, surrounded by his friends. He will be sorely missed.

Even the best of us lose a game now and again.

If only he could have had "just one more turn".

Stu - SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

OMG!..thats terrible news.I'm completely shocked and saddened.

I guess it is merciful that his suffering was minimilized but I'm just .....I don't know.

A smoker?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

This is hard and bitter news and a terrible loss to all who have had their lives enriched by having shared the "road" for however long with Ivor, SG(2), through this Community. He was always a decent, standup kind of fellow with a delicious wit and generous nature, always helpful and willing to share his knowledge; and, I felt privileged to think of him as my friend.

To his real life best friend and blood-brother, I send condolences and prayers for inner peace and balance. I am awed, Stu, by the grace and perfection of your words, especially the simplicity of the last two lines. (2) was and will ever be among the best of us.

Here's to the Admiral, a fair wind and full sail....

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I was frightened a little after I sighted the subject of this thread but I hoped the subject stands for something other.

I will keep 24 hours of silence for him - no posts to Poly.
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Rest in Peace...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sad news indeed.
                The community will feel the lose.
                RIP
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sg{3}

Goodbye, Ivor.

And to Bloody Monk, the greatest thanks and please know that your words moved us to tears.

It was indeed and pleasure and a priviledge to have known a man of such wisdom and good humour.
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles" - SG(2)

Rest in peace Ivor

Comment

RIP SG(2)

Although I didn't know him well, I have seen many thoughtful posts by him , with advice and helpful insights to many a player.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Rest in Peace, SG(2)

I feel I have lost a good friend. Ivor helped bring this forum to life for me - a place to have fun and share a laugh.

My thoughts are with you both, Stu and Sg{3}.

Beyond this, I am lost for words. Rest in Peace.
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

He will be missed by all of us who read and post here.

And when like her oh Saki you should pass
                          among the guests star scattered on the grass
                          and on your joyous errand reach the spot where I made one -
                          turn down an empty glass

RJM at Sleepers
                          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Ditto all of the above.

My thanks to one has shared, and my hope that there will be another game.
                            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Stu and {3}, though I haven't been blessed with any personal relationship with Ivor, I've truly appreciated his wry humor and good spirit and thoughtfulness. How surprising that I can feel such loss for someone I've never met. I tip my hat and a bottle to him, and send my best wishes to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X