No announcement yet.

Rest in Peace, SG(2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never know SG[2], but I've read many of his posts, and this is a great loss. I whish I had known him better.

Rest in Peace
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What a sad shock! I have enjoyed SG(2)'s posts since the early days of the OCC fortnightly challenges. It was never just the analytical perspective - the imagined image of the pair of SGs deep in their cups merrily enjoying their CivII evenings has been a wonderful characteristic of these forums. I will think of him every time I build an Ironclad.

We have all lost a good companion.

Comment

I am so saddened to hear this

Although I haven't really seen SG(2) around poly much lately, perhaps because of my absence, I remember him very strongly as one of the characters on this board, and a sad loss for this community indeed. I don't think there is much else I can say, just that my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Rich.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It seems my restriction is lifted in a fitting moment, so I can express my condolences.

Like Provost, I can't say I remember too much of him, since I haven't been posting on-topic too much recently, but I do know he was one of the big ones here; I also remember him from several Other Games discussions, and will always remember him as one of the coolest posters, despite the different generations.

Comment

The gaming community in heaven better watch out...

Remember the joyful things, and let them ease your pain. Live your lives as he would want you to.

Yet, so sad.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

omg
                rest in peace
                justice is might

Comment

very sad news to come back to after an absence... Apolyton won't be the same without him
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Forgive me for intruding into a forum I've only just discovered, and to which I don't belong, but I wanted to express my gratitude to you all for your very moving expressions of condolence. Ivor was my cousin, an extraordinary man with an enormous sense of humanity - a man who bore private tragedies with great strength and grace.

He had a very wide range of friends in the real world - a huge gathering attended his funeral - and it's now obvious to me that he generated a huge affection in the virtual world as well.

Ivor came from a background of intellectual rigor - his father, Jim, taught himself Russian and - despite the fact he never went to Russia - was a published translator of Russian books. His uncle Peter, who died earlier this year, was a renowned psychologist (google on the Wason Selection Task) and a leading international chess player and author.

But your tributes to Ivor say more about him than I can, so thank you again, and - rest in peace, cousin Ivor.

Comment

Intrude? Not at all!

We let the Civ3 people in, don't we?

Thank you, for the report on the funeral services, and for fleshing out this dear man whom so many here knew only from afar.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Thank you, september.
                        On this thread how could you possibly intrude?

Stu
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thanks to Stu for pointing this thread out. I'm terribly sorry to read about this, and my condolences to Ivor's family and (undoubtedly many) friends. Long may his star shine.
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Comment

Very sad. He was a much appreciated poster back when I was more active in the community.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

i haven't played Civ2 in a while, and haven't posted on these forums much more than a few times in the past year...but it is so sad to hear about the passing of a member. I'm not sure if there's been many times we've had the ability to be informed of a poster's death...but it is good to know that there was in this case, that way we can recognize the reasons for his absence and not spend time wondering why.

Sounds like he was a good guy Rest in Peace, SG2, and my condolences to those who knew him either on the boards or in person.
                                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X