X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eerie...

Here is something to think about while you wait:
    Bones: "The man's DEAD, Jim!"
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

... I'm very sad...

... rest in peace...
      googol... this is a number!
      "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
      "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

So, Mssr Nic, you gonna join our SG(2) commemorative succession game?

O Sole Mio
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I won't pretend to have known SG(2), but any loss to the community, especially when the person is clearly as well liked and respected as Ivor was, is a tragic event. A sad time indeed.

Rest in Peace.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I remember reading his posts from the time I was an on-topic dweller... As a kid, I was rather baffled by the fact that a couple of people post from the same account.

My honest and deep condolences to his family for this loss. May you never know sorrow again.

A 'polytubbie who knows how does that feel.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

A truely terrible thing to read, is this news.

I am so rarely at Apolyton these days, you just think it will always be the same, same people, same things, but you read this kind of thread and realize that the world is moving on.

Lots of friends and old sparring partners in this thread, but gamers all, I think ol SG 2 likes that.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I'm sure he's watching over all this, from somewhere

Comment

I didn't know him personally and I rarely actually post in this forum, but I've read many of his posts. This is a great loss to the community

My sincere condolences to his family and friends (online and offline).

Rest in peace, SG(2).
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I remember reading all those succession games...
                    Let's hope he found some good wine in his resting place.
                    Requiescat in Pasce.
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

wow , been away from the forums for nearly 12 months and really only returned to the civ2 area MP again. I thought i would check out another of my old favourites the succession games and discoverd this thread to my utter horror. Whilst obviously in ever knew the man as such , i felt i did know him through his clever and always witty posts. It was becauses of him and the other SGs that i found the succession games and fell in love with them in the first place. I pace my sincerest condolences to both of the SGs surviving this loss and to any toher family members of SG2. I know what it is like tio lose a family memeber having experienced the loss of my son. So i know that only time and the respect of friends can assist any in making this hard times pass.

Thinking of you and praying that you will remeber the good times and not this disheartening period

Regards

Robert the alter ego of the Poster kniown as Raz
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I didn't notice this, because it has been for too long that the Off-Topic has been consuming most of my already depleted energy.

I remember SG[2]'s posts from the time I was still browsing this forum and others, and when I still spent most of my time playing Civ. I distantly remember the interest and wisdom of SG[2]'s posts and the respect he got, and truely deserved.

I only wish I had enjoyed his presense more and known him better.

May he rest in peace.

Comment

I have somehow missed this too, although understandably, not being an active Civ 2 player.

I remember some of SG[2]'s posts... always insightful and well-written.

Rest in peace.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Mmm... as a Civ II player, I respect very much his knowledge and how smart SG[2] seemed to be. I'm sure all Civ II players will miss him now. My condolences to the family and all of his closest friends. May he rest in peace.

"A dying man needs to dye, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist."
                            - Steward Alsop

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Wow. I haven't been here much lately, so this is news to me. What a shock for his friends and family, and a sad loss for all of us. I always enjoyed the Gits' posts (yours too, [1] !), and am truly saddened to read this.

SG(2), we'll all meet again some other place.
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

I would like to offer my deepest, heartfelt condolences- (sorry I didn't see this sooner.)
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X