Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnT View Post

I would like to note that judges tend to be harder on the side which has a stronger case. This helps upon the inevitable appeal, in that it gives the judge plenty of examples where he or she did not play favorites with the winning side.

This morning, it was so obvious the judge apologized in front of the jury:

Stop punching yourself in the face. Manafort is nobody. CNN and the other fake news outlets told you that this is a big case, and it isn't. This is like how Tina Fey joked that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house" and now millions of libtards believe that she really said that, EVEN THOUGH THEY SAW IT ON TV!

And now all we have to do is mention Sarah Palin and watch the clown show. Stop punching yourself in the face.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• For once, Kid is right. The situations around Manafort and Palin are a lot alike.

Manafort did some shady things (allegedly) that he is facing trial for ... the news reported on that, and comedians mock him for it.
      Palin claimed she had foreign policy experience because Alaska is relatively close to Russia ... the news reported on that, and comedians mocked her for it.

In both cases the news reported and comedians mocked them for it. The main difference (other than criminality of what they did) is that we know for sure Sarah Palin did the thing she was being mocked for, and we don't yet have a verdict in on Manafort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        For once, Kid is right. The situations around Manafort and Palin are a lot alike.

Manafort did some shady things (allegedly) that he is facing trial for ... the news reported on that, and comedians mock him for it.
        Palin claimed she had foreign policy experience because Alaska is relatively close to Russia ... the news reported on that, and comedians mocked her for it.

In both cases the news reported and comedians mocked them for it. The main difference (other than criminality of what they did) is that we know for sure Sarah Palin did the thing she was being mocked for, and we don't yet have a verdict in on Manafort.
        Oh boy. No. My point is that neither one of those things was a big deal.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
          A woman who has been driving her neighbours crazy by blasting out opera music for 16 years has finally been arrested in Slovakia, it's reported.

According to Hungarian news site Parameter.sk, the woman, identified only as Eva N, played a four-minute aria from Giuseppe Verdi's 'La Traviata' non-stop, in her house with on speakers full blast, from morning until night.

Parameter.sk says that the homeowner in the southern town of Sturovo played the music for years to drown out a neighbour's loud barking dog, and had simply continued doing it.

Residents poured out their anger to local media, furious that the high volume harassment had been allowed to go on for so long.
          A woman has been detained in Slovakia for playing 'La Traviata' from morning until night for years.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• But is the dog still barking/alive?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Why did nobody go over to here and asked her to tone down the volume?
              Blah

Comment

• I would have told the police she was harboring Manuel Noriega.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I would have told the police she was harboring Manuel Noriega.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    Why did nobody go over to here and asked her to tone down the volume?
                    Perhaps someone went over there, but she never heard the knocking on the door, because the music was too loud
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                      German police save man from baby squirrel terror
                      German police have come to the rescue of a man being chased by a baby squirrel.

Officers in the south-western city of Karlsruhe responded to the call for help and arrived to see the creature still terrorising the caller.

The squirrel was taken into custody after it abruptly fell asleep.

A police report of the incident say the persistent rodent has become their new mascot, and has been dubbed Karl-Friedrich.

According to the report, baby Karl-Friedrich is being well looked after in an animal rescue centre.
                      Terrifying!

Officers respond to a call saying the animal was chasing a man down the street in Karlsruhe, Germany.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Really, this is perfect:

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Perhaps someone went over there, but she never heard the knocking on the door, because the music was too loud
                          I once had a neighbour who did similar over several days, fortunately "only" for ca. 2-3 hrs/day. First it wasn't so intense, but became worse. So finally I had enough, ringed at his door, but nobody opened. I put a letter in his mailbox asking him to tone down, and threatened to do unspeakable things to him (like: informing his housing company), as I was already a bit angry. That helped
                          Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                            Terrifying!

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT View Post
                              Really, this is perfect:
                              When I see her doing a press briefing I'm always split between "she's just doing her job" and "how can she do this job with a straight face?"

Blah

Comment

• Manafort, Trumps business partner and friend of thirty years, who committed a wide variety of crimes is a nobody. The guy who headed Trumps campaign is a nobody. Really? How can kid be such a moron?
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X