No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We didn’t suspend Alex Jones or Infowars yesterday. We know that’s hard for many but the reason is simple: he hasn’t violated our rules. We’ll enforce if he does. And we’ll continue to promote a healthy conversational environment by ensuring tweets aren’t artificially amplified.
    Jack Dorsey (CEO Twitter)

I predict Dorsey will walk away from the Left
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Courtesy of Josh Marshall...

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
        US drink-drive suspect tells police she's 'clean, white girl'

A US woman arrested after speeding through a stop sign asked police to let her off because she is "a clean, thoroughbred white girl", officers say.

The arresting officer, who is white, detailed in his official report how Lauren Cutshaw, 32, appealed to him for special treatment based on her race.

When asked why, Ms Cutshaw replied: "You're a cop; you should know what that means," the report states.
        wanna bet she's also a Trump supporter?
        Lauren Cutshaw also said police should let her go as she had been a cheerleader and sorority girl.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Perhaps that is another conspiracy theory spread by QAnon, that Donnie brought all white cops under white supremacist control and that therefore, if you are a white person getting arrested by white cops, you just have to mention your whiteness in order to get free

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Because it fits the topic (american women on the somewhat dumber side of the intelligence spectrum):
            An American tourist caused the baggage hall and part of the arrivals hall at Vienna International Airport to be evacuated when she arrived with a World War II grenade.

An american tourist (60 yers old lady) went on Vacation to Austria. During their hiking tours she found an unused WW2 75mm grenade somewhere in the woods.
            What did she do?
            Well, of course she brought it "home" to her hotel room and cleaned it thoroughly (so that it wouldn't soil her luggage) ... and when it was time for her voyage home, she went to the customs counter of vienna airport, opened her bag adn asked if she could take her "little souvenir" with her in the plane

Needless to say that the airport hall was immediately evacuated and a bomb disposal squad had to come and determine that the bomb was a dud ... and that the lady faces a several k Euro fine
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I wonder if something like that has any historical significance?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• now that ypu said american tourists, it got me thinking. there is a brand that makes uitcases that it's called "american tourist" americans are frecking hated the world over why would ANYONE would want such a suitcase? That basically bans you from half the world... and it's a pity because they make really good suitcases

Comment

• it's something like saying: Greek bank - your financial stability guaranteed. Or, England: dedicated to the brotherhood of man

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Kid is more concerned about a few tears than the final verdict. What a moron. He's going down.
                    I would like to note that judges tend to be harder on the side which has a stronger case. This helps upon the inevitable appeal, in that it gives the judge plenty of examples where he or she did not play favorites with the winning side.

This morning, it was so obvious the judge apologized in front of the jury:

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                      Because it fits the topic (american women on the somewhat dumber side of the intelligence spectrum):
                      An American tourist caused the baggage hall and part of the arrivals hall at Vienna International Airport to be evacuated when she arrived with a World War II grenade.

An american tourist (60 yers old lady) went on Vacation to Austria. During their hiking tours she found an unused WW2 75mm grenade somewhere in the woods.
                      What did she do?
                      Well, of course she brought it "home" to her hotel room and cleaned it thoroughly (so that it wouldn't soil her luggage) ... and when it was time for her voyage home, she went to the customs counter of vienna airport, opened her bag adn asked if she could take her "little souvenir" with her in the plane

Needless to say that the airport hall was immediately evacuated and a bomb disposal squad had to come and determine that the bomb was a dud ... and that the lady faces a several k Euro fine
                      I am afraid most people are ****ing idiots about UXO. I used to pass out posters showing pictures of unexploded ordnance witg local language warnings to not touch them or pick them up but people usually would and some of them would go boom. Hell, even our translater, who had spe t months hansing these posters and warning carss out stupidly picked up a clusterbomblet.

People in general tend to be stupid.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I wonder if something like that has any historical significance?
                        About as much as an 75mm AP round from a M4 Sherman tank......Technically yes but, they were produced in such large numbers that i'm sure there are no shortage of Museum quality ones..
                        Last edited by Broken_Erika; August 9, 2018, 19:43.
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Yep ... would have been different if she had found a StG-44 (Sturmgewehr 44 practically the worlds first assault rifle)

Still not really historically significant to find one ... but they are very rare and sought after by weapons collectors nowadays and therefore would fetch you a very good price
                          (they were somewhat common at the end of the war, but AFAIK most of them were recycled for their metal in the years thereafter ... so only few of them nowadays remain ... although it is claimed that some of them actually still are used in militias all around the world)
                          Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 9, 2018, 19:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post

wanna bet she's also a Trump supporter?
                            https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45119326
                            That doesn't shock me.

is she rich?

I'm sure we remember this.

She should just have used the affluenza defense.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              Perhaps that is another conspiracy theory spread by QAnon, that Donnie brought all white cops under white supremacist control and that therefore, if you are a white person getting arrested by white cops, you just have to mention your whiteness in order to get free

Whiteness gets anyone free eventually.

A black man with a cell phone... Now that's a death sentence.
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Ben Shapiro has been accused of some sort of woman abuse for offering the new sweetheart of the dems 10k to debate him. And we know all these allegations are true.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X