Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    That has nothing to do with the unemployment rate. I can't be bothered with that you idiots.
    It has ... it describes the distrust that people in the minority districts have for the american government.
    It lso describes the undercount in these minority disctricts.

    So, actually if the workforce of Latinos (for example) gets undercounted (maybe not only in the major census but also the smaller censi that may take place more frequently in their community (and therefore may be directly affected by the rising fear of the ICE under Trump) then maybe their percentage of workforce participation may be overcounted)
    (simply said: Census says that there are 20k able workers in Disctrict A and that 19k people from this disctrict are in a job -> workforce participation 95% ... but the district is undercounted ... in reality there are25k able workers in this disctrict ... that means that the real workforce participation may be as low as 76% )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

      It has ... it describes the distrust that people in the minority districts have for the american government.
      It lso describes the undercount in these minority disctricts.

      So, actually if the workforce of Latinos (for example) gets undercounted (maybe not only in the major census but also the smaller censi that may take place more frequently in their community (and therefore may be directly affected by the rising fear of the ICE under Trump) then maybe their percentage of workforce participation may be overcounted)
      (simply said: Census says that there are 20k able workers in Disctrict A and that 19k people from this disctrict are in a job -> workforce participation 95% ... but the district is undercounted ... in reality there are25k able workers in this disctrict ... that means that the real workforce participation may be as low as 76% )
      1) it's not that people don't trust the system. It's that they keep getting lied to. You have an interest in them believing that they aren't better off, so you come up with a bunch of lies. So many lies that no one has the time for them. But things are changing. People are figuring out your scam.

      2) That has nothing to do with the historic low unemployment rate for Hispanics. This is just stupid. Appeal to ignorance.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

        1) it's not that people don't trust the system. It's that they keep getting lied to. ...
        They don't trust the system because they constantly keep getting lied to ... especialy now by the Trump administration.
        Just look at the ever changing stance of Trump and his administration on DACA
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

        Comment


        • You aren't even American. You don't know Hispanics. I do. I'm from California. I know Latino immigrants. Most Hispanics don't worry about ICE. They don't worry about telling people their ethnicity. You are trying to spread hysteria.

          Furthermore, you have no idea that what you are saying has nothing to do with the unemployment rate DECREASING to historic lows. More Latinos are born here now than ever before and the trend is that way. You are spreading lies.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

          Comment


          • I live in Texas. San Antonio, Texas. A city which is 65% Hispanic. 120 miles from Mexico and Trump's child concentration camps.

            Everything Kidicious says in the previous post... excepting the first two sentences (I'm going to assume he knows the posters here)... is bullshit. Oh, and there are more latinos being born here, that too is true. But the rest... hispanics not being worried about ICE? Bullshit. Don't worry about their ethnicity in an increasingly white supremacist country? Bullshit. Don't hide from gov't officials because of the Trump admin? Bullshit-squared.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              You aren't even American. You don't know Hispanics. I do. I'm from California. I know Latino immigrants. Most Hispanics don't worry about ICE. They don't worry about telling people their ethnicity. You are trying to spread hysteria.

              Furthermore, you have no idea that what you are saying has nothing to do with the unemployment rate DECREASING to historic lows. More Latinos are born here now than ever before and the trend is that way. You are spreading lies.
              You don't know any Latinos, you ignoramus. You are disgustingly ignorant and white supremacist. And yes many Latinos do fear ICE, which needs to be abolished as an agency.

              You don't know ****. Trump isn't doing jack **** for Latinos besides screw them over.

              You are from California? Get with the times then. Latinos vote majorly for democrats. This is a democratic state. It will never go republican. Even republican areas like Orange County are changing and becoming more liberal and blue.

              You are a worthless punk and your knowledge of Latinos is probably thinking taco bell is Mexican food.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JohnT View Post
                I live in Texas. San Antonio, Texas. A city which is 65% Hispanic. 120 miles from Mexico and Trump's child concentration camps.

                Everything Kidicious says in the previous post... excepting the first two sentences (I'm going to assume he knows the posters here)... is bullshit. Oh, and there are more latinos being born here, that too is true. But the rest... hispanics not being worried about ICE? Bullshit. Don't worry about their ethnicity in an increasingly white supremacist country? Bullshit. Don't hide from gov't officials because of the Trump admin? Bullshit-squared.
                Right on.

                Btw, i live in Los Angeles. Every Latino I have talked to fear and hates ICE. They all think Trump is a worthless ***** with a big mouth.

                ​​​
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  I know Latino immigrants.


                  That ranks right up there with BK saying he has a Gay Friend so that he knows how Gay's feel


                  "If black people robbed you, I'd not consider it prejudice for you to be angry at black people in general" - Ben Kenobi
                  Lessons in Christianity.

                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JohnT View Post
                    I live in Texas. San Antonio, Texas. A city which is 65% Hispanic. 120 miles from Mexico and Trump's child concentration camps.

                    Everything Kidicious says in the previous post... excepting the first two sentences (I'm going to assume he knows the posters here)... is bullshit. Oh, and there are more latinos being born here, that too is true. But the rest... hispanics not being worried about ICE? Bullshit. Don't worry about their ethnicity in an increasingly white supremacist country? Bullshit. Don't hide from gov't officials because of the Trump admin? Bullshit-squared.
                    This is coming from the person who doesn't even know what a concentration camp is. Oh yeah, really believable. But hey, they will all believe you anyway.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                    Comment


                    • JohnT: Latinos are all afraid that they will be deported.

                      Me: Really????

                      JohnT: Yeah, and sent to concentration camps.

                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

                        This is coming from the person who doesn't even know what a concentration camp is. Oh yeah, really believable. But hey, they will all believe you anyway.
                        And this is coming from a person who doesn't know anything about history and supports an administration of complete morons.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

                        Comment


                        • I see a study done that finds that 28% of US born Latinos are hesitant to call police. If you ask other ethnic groups you will probably get comparable numbers, which indicates that only a paranoid person or hack would say that they are afraid of being deported if they were born here.

                          Find me some real statistics, and stop hacking.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                          Comment


                          • Here's a poll finding that 52% of Hispanics have confidence in police. That's 1% lower that the overall percentage.

                            https://news.gallup.com/poll/183704/...est-years.aspx

                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

                            Comment


                            • Devin Nunes practically confirmed at a private fundraiser that the GOP Senators are just waiting for the midterms to end before they are going to impeach Rosenstein

                              He also basically says that it is the job of the GOP members in congress and senate to protect the pesident, no matter what the Mueller investigation finds
                              (so, the republicans at senate and congress practically serve Trump and not the american people)

                              http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...dly-fundraiser

                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                Here's a poll finding that 52% of Hispanics have confidence in police. That's 1% lower that the overall percentage.

                                https://news.gallup.com/poll/183704/...est-years.aspx

                                A poll from 2015 ... the good old times of the Obama administration ... would be interesting to see how these numbers have changed in 2017/2018

                                Actually here are some more recent data:
                                http://www.pewhispanic.org/2017/02/2...dministration/

                                Shortly after Trump getting elected 1/3 of Hispanics said that their situation has become worse than a year ago

                                At the same time:
                                Of US-Born Hispanics 1/3 have some or even a lot of fear that someone of their family or friends coluld get deported
                                Of foreign born Hispanics who are US citizens more than half have some or even a lot of fear that someone of their family or friends coluld get deported
                                Of foreign born Hispanics who are lawful US permanent residents more than 2/3 have some or even a lot of fear that someone of their family or friends coluld get deported
                                Last edited by Proteus_MST; August 9, 2018, 06:59.
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X