No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You become wiser every day, my friend. The Bleeder menace is extremely dangerous right now.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Fear not, however. They will be stopped. Let's just say I have "inside information."
      Order of the Fly

Comment

• Those herbivores are an embarrassment to the human race. Just let your "partner" cut your balls off. Be easier.
        Order of the Fly

Comment

• They are calling Susan Collins a fake feminist. I guess you have to be a lunatic to be a real feminist.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Except claims of sexual harassment and assault are rarely false. Try again Kidiot.

Why that “5 percent of rape allegations are false” figure is so misleading.

Most studies say that anywhere from 90% to 98% of all sexual harassment claims are true. The percentage for assault and rape is even higher.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Nope. There are more false accusers than can be proven by the FBI. A lot of people get away with making false accusations.

On a related note Pelosi is filling a request for the FBI investigation into Ford's accusation under the FOIA. Good. Let's see it. All the Senators say that it shows that there is no corroboration for her accusation. It also shows that Ford's allies tried to get someone to change their story.
              Going by the study I posted, I am willing to bet republican senators don't want the findings revealed. Why? It would expose a cover up. Assault and rape claims are rarely false, and only 8% of women actually report these claims according to the study I posted. One of the most underreported crimes.

Reposted: https://www.thecut.com/article/false...cusations.html

When it comes to rape, almost no one is falsely accused of that.

You are kidiot of course. You have no clue what you are talking about. Congratulations on getting a rapist in the Supreme Court.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                They are calling Susan Collins a fake feminist. I guess you have to be a lunatic to be a real feminist.
                Her approval rating must be in the mid 20s now. I can't wait for Susan Rice to run and beat her.
                Last edited by Giancarlo; October 9, 2018, 10:49. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
                  Nikki Haley: US ambassador to UN resigns

US President Donald Trump has accepted the resignation of UN Ambassador Nikki Haley.

He told reporters in the Oval Office that she would be leaving the post at the end of the year after doing "an incredible job".

Joined by the former South Carolina governor in the Oval Office, he invited her to come back in a different role. "You can have your pick," he said.

Mrs Haley was confirmed as US envoy to the UN in January 2017.

Mr Trump said Mrs Haley had told him six months ago she wanted to take some time off.

Her exit comes after she served as the temporary president of the UN Security Council for one month.

Mrs Haley's Twitter bio has already removed all references to her role as UN ambassador.
                  Nikki Haley dismisses speculation that she will challenge Donald Trump for the White House in 2020.
                  Last edited by Broken_Erika; October 9, 2018, 13:45.
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Broken_Erika
                    Broken_Erika commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Why must vBulletin shrink my video to the size of a postage stamp?

• Canned. The affair must have went south.

Comment

• Follow the money. She owes over $50K in credit cards plus $1M+ mortgage. Also a 2nd Kid about to start college. She will show up as a paid contributor in Fox in 3...2...1...
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Giancarlo
                      Giancarlo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think a book deal is more likely. An audio book detailing the long running affair

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                    Follow the money. She owes over $50K in credit cards plus $1M+ mortgage. Also a 2nd Kid about to start college. She will show up as a paid contributor in Fox in 3...2...1...
                    You won't be buried with it, fat boy.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                      Originally posted by BBC
                      Climate report: Scientists politely urge 'act now, idiots'

It's the final call, say scientists, the most extensive warning yet on the risks of rising global temperatures.

Their dramatic report on keeping that rise under 1.5 degrees C states that the world is now completely off track, heading instead towards 3C.

Staying below 1.5C will require "rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society".

It will be hugely expensive, the report says, but the window of opportunity is not yet closed.

After three years of research and a week of haggling between scientists and government officials at a meeting in South Korea, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has issued a special report on the the impacts of global warming of 1.5C.

The critical 33-page Summary for Policymakers certainly bears the hallmarks of difficult negotiations between climate researchers determined to stick to what their studies have shown and political representatives more concerned with economies and living standards.
                      Top scientists from around the world urge changes "in all aspects of society" to limit climate warming.
                      And the Australian Goverment's response to this report: Moar Coal! Moar Coal! Moar Coal!
                      Originally posted by BBC
                      The Australian government has backed coal-fired power, despite the recommendations of a major report on climate change.

Phasing out coal is considered crucial to limiting global warming to within 1.5C, as set out in the UN report released yesterday.

Australia's deputy prime minister has said the country should "absolutely" continue to use and exploit its coal.

But China remains the world's biggest coal consumer.

In addition, China has restarted work at hundreds of coal-fired power stations, according to an analysis of satellite imagery.

The Guardian reports that Michael McCormack, Australia's Deputy PM, said his government would not change policy "just because somebody might suggest that some sort of report is the way we need to follow and everything that we should do".

He added that coal provided 60% of Australia's electricity, 50,000 jobs and was the country's biggest export.
                      The Australian government has backed coal-fired power despite the recommendations of a major report on climate change.
                      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Time for Turnbull to go. This latest position won't help him with younger voters. His government holds a one seat majority and is in big trouble in opinion polling. That same sex marriage postal ballot initiative registered many young people.

I hear Liberal-National has trailed in opinion polling. Time for Labor to take back government and pursue more progressive policy.

Comment

• So much winning with regards to the US coal industry:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/0...es-chapter-11/

I guess Donnie will blame the democrats for it ... or california
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The UK has a law designed to take away the wealth of criminals who manage to launder their money through the UK. We could definitely use a law like that in the US.
                            Zamira Hajiyeva, a 55-year-old from Azerbaijan, has been ordered to explain how she got all her money.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Giancarlo
                              Giancarlo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Won't happen. Lol. Trump would never favor a law that would take away his wealth.
                          Working...
                          X