No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White House ... always busy with the real important things (in the aftermath of the hurricane):

The WH now "has vowed to “look into” a decision taken by Fox News to stop broadcasting Donald Trump’s rallies live and in full because they’re no longer bringing in high ratings."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...-trump-rallies

Well, Donnies rallies just get boring with him always doing the same old things (and patting himself on the back for the oh so many archievements in the USA since he took presidency).

Maybe Donnie should come up with something new ... perhaps biting the head off of a bat, like Ozzy Osbourne did a long time ago.
    Or maybe Donnie should do some mockery of a disabled person again ... AFAIK mocking minorities or disabled persons always have been a favorite of his fans, therefore maybe doing these things more often could increase is right-wing viewership

Maybe Donnie could do some imitation of a quadriplegic person trying to survive in the Hurricane of Puerto Rico last year ... I am sure it would draw great laughter from his audience
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 13, 2018, 06:50.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Donnys approval rating is still in the toilet even after the rapist got into the Supreme Court and if you can't even get high ratings on Faux news you know you are in trouble.

Republicans are in deep doo doo.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Republicans will probably lose the House and very likely keep the Senate. They hold the Presidency. They most likely will still have the most power in the states.

They are not in deep doo doo.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Deep doo doo would be losing the House in 2018 and losing the Senate and Presidency and the majority of the States in 2020. And continuing to be shut out of federal power past 2024.

That could happen. But it will take a lot of work, the vote in a few weeks would just be the beginning.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• ever have a morning where the broadcast of the 1987 world series, game 7, narrates life?

Comment

• It is possible and likely considering many GOP voters are older and won't be around by 2020 or 2024. Basically they are entering a demographic crisis as a party and I believe Trump was the last gasp backlash of white nationalism. The angry old whites didn't like eight years of Obama, and Trump was basically that last ditch effort (Make America White Again - the actual slogan). By 2040, whites will be a minority in this country.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• It is possible and likely considering many GOP voters are older and won't be around by 2020 or 2024. Basically they are entering a demographic crisis as a party and I believe Trump was the last gasp backlash of white nationalism. The angry old whites didn't like eight years of Obama, and Trump was basically that last ditch effort (Make America White Again - the actual slogan). By 2040, whites will be a minority in this country.
                Cruz is winning a majority of Latinos. It's interesting that you treat this as a race war where white people should only vote republican if they want their interests represented...
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Comment

• Republicans would do a lot better with both African Americans and Latinos if they were not so racist. I don't think that Latinos get the message as much as African Americans because Latinos often consider themselves white. Both can be both economically and socially conservative.

I do not know how much of the white vote that the Republicans would lose if they stopped being so racist.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I see no reason why economic and social conservativism are ideas that require one to be white. It would like arguing that only white people do calculus. We see the ideologies across all societies to some degree. That a democrat would argue that only white people should vote republican is assuming that ideologies are in fact racial requirements, which speaks volumes to me about what democrats believe.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No one said white people should vote Republican, nor that only white people vote republican, nor any of the other absurd strawmen you're throwing up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Cruz is winning a majority of Latinos. It's interesting that you treat this as a race war where white people should only vote republican if they want their interests represented...
                          Hahaha hahhahhaha. Which is why O'Rourke is so extremely close to him in the polling. No he is not you moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            I see no reason why economic and social conservativism are ideas that require one to be white. It would like arguing that only white people do calculus. We see the ideologies across all societies to some degree. That a democrat would argue that only white people should vote republican is assuming that ideologies are in fact racial requirements, which speaks volumes to me about what democrats believe.
                            Economic and social conservatism requires ignorance and hatred. Those concepts seem to be under a monopoly by white people lately. People vote republican out of stupidity and ignorance. They do it because they don't know any better. If you don't make seven figures or more and you vote republican, you are a fool. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

• Btw O'Rourke being so close to Cruz in polling should get you to **** in your pants, benny boy. He is clearly winning latinos and younger voters. Unfortunately even I may admit it may be a hair short. Still, Texas isn't looking as impenetrable as it once was. This could have a serious impact on any other competitive race in the state and perhaps nationally as well.

Cruz is vulnerable and unpopular. O'Rourke has won over Latinos by a sizable margin, so that could be of serious concern. O'Rourke has basically set up a greater foundation for the democratic party in Texas in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                                Republicans would do a lot better with both African Americans and Latinos if they were not so racist. I don't think that Latinos get the message as much as African Americans because Latinos often consider themselves white. Both can be both economically and socially conservative.

I do not know how much of the white vote that the Republicans would lose if they stopped being so racist.

JM
                                I think Kanye puts it best, "Do you think racism can stop me?" He isn't saying that Republicans aren't racist. What he's saying is that Democrats aren't helping black people, even worse they use psych ops against them (keeping them under control like a slave).

Republicans aren't racist. Basically that's a smear, and that's all you got. You are doubling down on that game. I pray that God will stop you.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X