Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BBC
    New Zealand votes tipsy pigeon bird of the year

New Zealand has voted for its bird of the year 2018 and it's one known for being "drunk, clumsy and a bit of a clown", organisers say.

The kereru has a liking for fermented fruits, which contain alcohol.

And that means the birds can get quite tipsy at times, displaying clumsy antics and falling off trees.

This year's campaign saw celebrity endorsements from actor Stephen Fry and comedian Bill Bailey, while one species even had a Tinder profile.
    "They have quite a reputation of being large and clumsy and being a bit of a clown," Megan Hubscher of Forest & Bird, the conservationist group that runs the annual vote, told the BBC.

The bird loves fruit and depending on the season, these fruits might be fermented. Hence, the bird will get drunk.

"There are a lot of videos around of kereru getting drunk and stumbling around in a comical manner," Ms Hubscher laughs. "That's part of the charm. they're just very loveable birds."
    A love for fermented fruit means the kereru can get tipsy at times, falling out of trees.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Charles Frank Tillman

Posted: Oct. 9, 2018 11:00 am

KEOKUK, Iowa -- Charles "Buddy" Frank Tillman died Oct. 4, 2018, at Lexington Square Rehabilitation Center in Keokuk, Iowa. Services will be held 11 a.m. Oct. 15 at the First Christian Church in Keokuk. The Vigen Memorial Home is handling arrangements.

Comment

• Like I will point out you are misconstruing my response to you as a defense of Gian, whereas it was actually an attack on your creation of strawmen.
        Stating that ignorance is the sole purview of white people as Gian just did is racist.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Aeson
          Aeson commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course it is. Now if you could as quickly spot your own racist comments that would be great.

• not a policy in there so it just bigotry, not racism

Comment

• My point is simple. We need to start respecting the planet and stop trashing it. Capitalism needs to fall under heavy regulation.
          Might want to ask the people of Venezuela about that. They've had radical change. 4 million people now have fled the country because they are starving. That is 12 percent of the total population. This represents one of the largest humanitarian disasters, ever.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Might want to ask the people of Venezuela about that. They've had radical change. 4 million people now have fled the country because they are starving. That is 12 percent of the total population. This represents one of the largest humanitarian disasters, ever.
            Learn how to respond to my point, idiot.

I'm not talking about Venezuela nor do I favor what they have done. Maduro is a fool, just like right wing moron Mauricio Macri who stole the social security safety net in Argentina impoverishing millions.

Largest humanitarian disaster ever... You've got to be ****ing kidding. Where did you read that? Faux News?

i have a new term:

Benism - accuse others of using whataboutisms, yet just post one completely ignoring what was said like a complete moron.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• MINSK (Reuters) - The Russian Orthodox Church said on Monday it had decided to sever all relations with the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople in protest over its endorsement of Ukraine’s request for an “autocephalous”, or independent, church.

Speaking in Belarus after a meeting of the Russian Church’s ruling body, Metropolitan Ilarion, a cleric, said the Holy Synod had been left with no choice but to sever ties with the Patriarchate in Istanbul, seat of the global spiritual leader of roughly 300 million Orthodox Christians.

Ukraine last week secured approval from Constantinople to establish an independent church in what Kiev said was a vital step against Russian meddling in its affairs, but that the Russian Orthodox Church lamented as the biggest split in Christianity for a thousand years.

“A decision was taken to completely sever ties,” Metropolitan Ilarion told reporters in Minsk, the capital of Belarus, announcing Russian retaliation against Constantinople.

“No other decision could have been taken by our Holy Synod because the logic of all the actions taken recently by the Constantinople Patriarchate led to this.”

The Russian Orthodox Church has compared Ukraine’s moves for independence to the Great Schism of 1054 that split western and eastern Christianity, and warned they could lead to an irreversible rupture in the global Orthodox community.

Ilarion said Constantinople’s decision to back the Ukrainian Orthodox Church’s independence drive was illegal and that the Russian Orthodox Church would disregard it.

“We are hoping common sense will prevail and that the Constantinople Patriarchate will change its relations to existing church reality,” he said.

The tussle over Ukraine’s spiritual future flows from the poisoning of relations between Kiev and Moscow after Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the outbreak of separatist fighting in Ukraine’s east that has killed over 10,000 people.

The Moscow Patriarchate, which is aligned with the Russian Orthodox Church, long dominated in Ukraine but since the 1991 Soviet break-up has been challenged by a rival known as the Kiev Patriarchate.

Ukraine accuses the Russian Orthodox Church of wielding a pernicious influence on its soil, allowing itself to be used as a tool of the Kremlin to justify Russian expansionism and support of separatist rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The Moscow Patriarchate denies its church is a security threat to Ukraine and, far from being a Kremlin stooge, says it has done much to promote peace in the country’s east.

Comment

• Federal judge dismissed Stormy Daniels lawsuit against the President and she will pay his attorney fees.

Thanks for waiting to let ME report that guys.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Senator Warren released her DNA test, proving that the average white American has twice as much Native American DNA as she does. She demanded that Trump pay her the $1M that he said he would if she took a DNA test. This is not a good deal for Pocahontas.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Senator Warren released her DNA test, proving that the average white American has twice as much Native American DNA as she does. She demanded that Trump pay her the $1M that he said he would if she took a DNA test. This is not a good deal for Pocahontas.
                    Incorrect. The average white American does not. She actually proved her heritage. Now will TRump donate that one million? Oh that's right. Trump can't because he isn't a billionaire or millionaire. He has a billion in debt and about $5 million in assets.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164351240.html

Republicans in key states such as Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania are losing significant ground to democrats and are either in the high single digits or double digits behind democrats. Such races include the Wisconsin Senate race (Tammy Baldwin). Two recent polls from NBC News and from Marquette give Baldwin a +14% and +10% difference over her republican competitor. Pennsylvania's Governor race is even more stark... with Tom Wolf seeing an +19% and +22% difference over his republican competitor. Tom Wolf has average approval ratings (nothing super high), but his republican competitor is such a mess and made a violent threat to Tom Wolf (by threatening to stomp all over his face with shoes with golf spikes). Back in early August, Wolf had a just a +3% advantage over his competitor. But four polls since then gave him double digit leads.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/polit...ner/index.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...wolf-6542.html

This race alone could pose serious damage to down ballot races in Pennsylvania. Scott Wagner obviously isn't liked in the state.

The same thing applies to Michigan, in both the Senate and Governor's race that the democrat maintains a strong single or double digit lead over their republican competitor.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/michi...us-senate-race

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...rown-6331.html

Sherrod Brown (D) in Ohio is also seeing strong double digit leads. This hasn't converted in much support for Richard Cordray yet in the governor's race (who has a +6% in a recent poll), but no doubt it isn't helping his republican competitor.

What's the issue for republicans? Well this could cost them many house seats, and ultimately control of the house. Pennsylvania is probably the largest example of this. 12 seats in Pennsylvania are held by republicans, and 6 are held by democrats. The redrawing of district maps, put many republican seats in serious risk of flipping (Conor Lamb flipped a gerrymandered republican leaning seat even prior to court ordered redrawing).

So this is how republicans could lose control of the House. Their ****ty numbers in the midwest continue with just a few weeks away from midterms. Some of these numbers are so ****ing bad that you rarely see that in swing states. These swing states are trending back to blue and away from purple. The picture is bad for republicans nationally... Ben was recently harping on about a Texas Senate poll (which shows only a narrow advantage to the republican - Roy Moore had a +5% against Doug Jones in a poll before the election I might add). Nationally... the picture is NOT looking good for republicans.
                      Last edited by Giancarlo; October 16, 2018, 02:45.

Comment

• Trump now tries to kill Medicaid the same way he killed the EPA:

Mary Mayhew has urged other states not to expand the public insurance program.

He assigned a strident Medicaid critic to become the new Medicaid Administrator and Deputy Director.

Guess that means millions more people will lose Medicaid coverage over the next year ... and those few people who remain covered will have covered less than ever before
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• Kidiot.. Coming from the guy who believes Trump.

Comment

• There is a red wave and its happening in Florida. Just not what kidiot and Benny boy is hoping for...

​​https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-a...141837061.html

A toxic red algae tide is spreading and an inadequate response by state officials is leading to tough criticism. Ironically Rick Scott has tried to turn around and blame Bill Nelson for it. Um... Never mind the fact that Rick Scott is the one in charge of resources and in the governors mansion. A Senator cannot order resources controlled by the governor to conduct operations.

Here in California the governor has his own resources to fight fires. Senator Pelosi has nothing to do with it.

This could have a severely damaging impact on republicans in Florida because they are getting blamed even in more republican leaning parts of the state for this mess. This falls right on the governor's lap and everyone knows it. Like a typical republican, he gave polluters a pass and that's what caused this. He destroyed regulations and this is the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X