No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those concepts seem to be under a monopoly by white people lately.
    I wonder if Aeson is going to defend your racist crap again.

Republicans are indeed racist, and a big part of their party platform is based on racism. It's also based on destroying the will of the working and middle class to demand an equitable share. The republican party is tilting towards a dirty authoritarianism that is based on fear mongering.
    Actually, the only person who's mentioned race at all is you, the democrat. I wonder why that is.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

I wonder if Aeson is going to defend your racist crap again.
      If you try to misconstrue what he says to be something different than what it is, I will likely point out you are doing so.

Like I will point out you are misconstruing my response to you as a defense of Gian, whereas it was actually an attack on your creation of strawmen.

Comment

• People like to day the AFD in Germany is gaining the fastest. Nope. In fact perhaps stalled out. The fastest growing party? The Greens. They are now the second largest party in Bavaria. The most conservative part of Germany. This is the backlash to populism.

Merkel may have to deal with the greens more.

https://www.dw.com/en/merkels-sister...big/a-45884764
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

That’s insane.
          If we don't revolutionize our treatment of this planet and starting showing respect to our backyard, I don't see the issue with what I said.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• This was a post replying ot Bens falsehoods in uis last reply to me. I realize there is no point in arguing with a moron.
            Last edited by Giancarlo; October 15, 2018, 04:22. Reason: Forget it.

Comment

• And back at the Washington Circus.....
              Originally posted by BBC
              Trump: Climate change scientists have 'political agenda'
              US President Donald Trump has accused climate change scientists of having a "political agenda" as he cast doubt on whether humans were responsible for the earth's rising temperatures.

But Mr Trump also said he no longer believed climate change was a hoax.

The comments, made during an interview with CBS's 60 Minutes, come less than a week after climate scientists issued a final call to halt rising temperatures.

The world's leading scientists agree that climate change is human-induced.

Last week's report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) - the leading international body evaluating climate change - warned the world was heading towards a temperature rise of 3C.

Scientists say that natural fluctuations in temperature are being exacerbated by human activity - which has caused approximately 1C of global warming above pre-industrial levels.
              Climate change was just one issue touched on during the wide-ranging interview, during which Mr Trump also:
              • Claimed "the day before" he took office the US was on the verge of "going to war with North Korea"
              • Said Russian President Vladimir Putin was "probably" involved in assassinations, adding "but I rely on them, it's not in our country"
              • Said Russia had meddled in the 2016 elections, but "I think China meddled also"
              • Refused to say whether he would reinstate the migrant child separation policy, but added "there have to be consequences" for entering the US illegally
              • Said he believed he had treated Christine Blasey Ford with "respect" after mocking her testimony in front of thousands at a rally, and that "had I not made that speech, we would not have won"

During Sunday's interview, Mr Trump cast doubt on making any changes, saying the scientists "have a very big political agenda".

"I don't think it's a hoax, I think there's probably a difference," he told journalist Lesley Stahl.

"But I don't know that it's manmade. I will say this. I don't want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don't want to lose millions and millions of jobs. I don't want to be put at a disadvantage."

Mr Trump added that temperatures "could very well go back" - although he did not say how.
              The US president says he accepts the climate is changing but does not want to "lose millions of jobs".

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                Trump on Blasey Ford: 'She was treated with great respect'
                President Donald Trump has brushed off accusations he failed to treat Christine Blasey Ford with respect during an interview with CBS's 60 Minutes.

The question was raised after the US president mocked the testimony of Prof Blasey Ford, who alleged she was sexually assaulted by then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, during a campaign rally.

Mr Trump told CBS' Lesley Stahl: "Had I not made that speech, we would not have won."
                https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...-great-respect
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Stable genius strikes again lmao.

Comment

• Donald J. Trump. The J stands for Jenius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

If we don't revolutionize our treatment of this planet and starting showing respect to our backyard, I don't see the issue with what I said.
                      The insanity is cheering on the death of 7 billion people ... many of which by your own metric are doing the right thing.

Comment

The insanity is cheering on the death of 7 billion people ... many of which by your own metric are doing the right thing.
                        My point is simple. We need to start respecting the planet and stop trashing it. Capitalism needs to fall under heavy regulation.

There is no other way around it. We need radical change. People like Trump swept out of power. I am all for saving people, but we need to come to a realization we are NOT the masters of this planet. We are mere residents.

i am not advocating or cheering on the death of anyone. You misinterpreted. I would obviously not cheer on the death of myself. I'm not that damn emo.

My point is this... We need radical change or there will be mass chaos. Capitalism either needs to be heavily regulated or phased out.
                        Last edited by Giancarlo; October 15, 2018, 04:28.

Comment

• Don't worry ... if we destroy this planet (or use up all of its resources) then god will come and transfer the "true believers" (tm) to another, better planet.
                          But only the true believers (which, of coure, have to be heterosexual and conserrvative) ... the rest will be stuck on earth.

At least I heard that this is the belief among not few of the evangelicals (which, I guess, also is why some of them actually wish for climate change trashing the planet ASAP ... so god comes earlier to take them away)

(Other evangelicals believe that god comes on a shining horse and just make some handwavium magic with this planet as soon as there are real problems ... so again, no need to worry ... at least if you are an evangelical)

Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 15, 2018, 05:29.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Even if true, it’s not something anyone here was saying, and it’s not the same as white people should vote Republican, or that all white people vote Republican. Words have meanings, and the order in which they appear matters.
                            That's your narrative. It doesn't matter if anyone said it in this thread. Can you be a little more stimulating?
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Actually, Cruz is winning latinos.

That's because, in part, because he doesn't just play a latino on TV.

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Breaking news: Donald Trump is no baby

At least he claims so in an interview with the people magazine:
                                Donald Trump: "I’m not a baby."

https://people.com/politics/donald-t...e-white-house/
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X