No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As an expert in Gribblerology, I see that your recent posting patterns have been very disturbing. I urge you to repent and join the Republican party!
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Did you guys actually watch the video? The smirking kid is just standing there with the drum beating in his face. He says and does absolutely nothing. The crowd of kids are chanting along with the guy, which could be mockery or joining in. Some of them are also dancing. A few briefly wave their hands in what could be a tomahawk chop, but that's for about fifteen seconds of vid. I can't hear anything about a wall in NPR's video. Most of them appear to be sort of laughing and screwing around like teenagers do.

The "Black Muslims" are not Muslims, but a weird cult called the Black Hebrews. There are longer videos showing the leadup to the encounter, taken from a greater distance. http://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/co...phillips-video links to a vid, but it's an hour and twelve minutes before the drummer dude shows up. Most of that hour is spent by these four or five black guys screaming something that sounds like the Westboro Baptist Church crossed with Louis Farrakhan (I didn't watch the whole hour, just a few minutes before skipping). Basically Black people are Israelites, Native Americans got wiped out for being idolaters, and God Hates Fags. The kids sort of hoot back at them, but from a distance, and it's clear no violence was intended, or else that the kids were being really dilatory about it. Drummer dude marches through a roughly twenty-foot gap between the two groups, walking directly into the high schoolers' midst. After the drummer dude goes away, the black guys continue screaming weird racist stuff, and calling the kids products of incest, and the kids continue not attacking them.

This appears to be all horse****.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Yup, fake news... I saw the drummer interviewed on TV. He said he looked into a crowd of angry faces. BS. He was asked if he felt threatened - remember, this guy walked up to them - and he said he felt threatened for the future. All I saw were a bunch of HS kids smiling, laughing, and chanting their school songs until the drummer showed up. Then some of them started singing and chanting to the beat of his drum, if not for the drummer and the bible thumpers shouting insults at people it was a jovial atmosphere.

The drummer literally was banging his drum inches from the face of the student. The kid just stood there, I saw nobody chanting build the wall, the media is full of sh!t. I'm not surprised by the media twisting what happened, but the drummer didn't tell the truth. And the way he walked right up to the kid acting like everyone was supposed to part like the Red Sea at his approach was not an attempt to diffuse the situation. Some guy walks up to me banging a drum in my face and I'm the one who is out of line? I dont know if that old timer thought he was playing peacemaker but what he did was obnoxious and uncalled for. Why did he choose that one kid who didn't make a peep instead of the House of Israel dudes? They were just about anti-everyone, especially the Catholics.

Comment

• You guys are absolutely right! Obviously fake news. Three (or more) racial groups, 2 (or more) religious groups in absolute harmony in the USA. THANK YOU, Donald Trump! Such a loving moment couldn't have happened under Hillary!
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• OMFG:
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Did you guys actually watch the video?

(...)

Ok, after looking/reading more background it seems to be a non-story indeed.

Blah

Comment

• Comment

• Grateful that I am not on food stamps.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

Gribbler I have had enough of this and you must be stopped. The glorious Republican party is the only thing that can save you now. I urge you to reconsider your actions, for the good of the future of Donald Trump's vision!
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Did you guys actually watch the video? The smirking kid is just standing there with the drum beating in his face. He says and does absolutely nothing. The crowd of kids are chanting along with the guy, which could be mockery or joining in. Some of them are also dancing. A few briefly wave their hands in what could be a tomahawk chop, but that's for about fifteen seconds of vid. I can't hear anything about a wall in NPR's video. Most of them appear to be sort of laughing and screwing around like teenagers do.

The "Black Muslims" are not Muslims, but a weird cult called the Black Hebrews. There are longer videos showing the leadup to the encounter, taken from a greater distance. http://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/co...phillips-video links to a vid, but it's an hour and twelve minutes before the drummer dude shows up. Most of that hour is spent by these four or five black guys screaming something that sounds like the Westboro Baptist Church crossed with Louis Farrakhan (I didn't watch the whole hour, just a few minutes before skipping). Basically Black people are Israelites, Native Americans got wiped out for being idolaters, and God Hates Fags. The kids sort of hoot back at them, but from a distance, and it's clear no violence was intended, or else that the kids were being really dilatory about it. Drummer dude marches through a roughly twenty-foot gap between the two groups, walking directly into the high schoolers' midst. After the drummer dude goes away, the black guys continue screaming weird racist stuff, and calling the kids products of incest, and the kids continue not attacking them.

Yep, CNN has the extended second video on its website and it is now looking like complete made up horse **** and lies. The black “Hebrews” (who say they are not Jewish, oddly enough) actually we’re screaming racial insults about whites, native Americans, and even calling the black students in the march for life rally “******s and Uncle Toms”.

Yet some how how left wing sources failed to mention that as well as lied about what the right for life marchers said.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Berzerker
                        Berzerker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        the House of Israel folk were even calling an Indian Uncle Tomahawk

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• A 1st nations elder walks into the middle of a confrontation and prays in a language other than English. A jolly Catholic schoolboy stands nose to nose with him, while his jolly Catholic school mates sing jolly songs in English. These schoolboys are the product of the Christian teaching that tried to kill the 1st nations religions, culture, language, and people.
                        So yes, it is a news story, but CNN and some posters here got the story wrong.
                        If it had been a brave old Christian man praying loudly between a couple of groups of, oh let's go with Muslims, who chant something in their language back at him, who would be the hero, and who would be the villains then?
                        I wish Kid were here... his denunciation of the 'lying Indian' might be enough to make some of you think... But you do have Dinner on your side... When that happens to me, I need to think twice about my views.
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I don't like Trump, and MAGA is ridiculous. But it's extremely difficult to deny, watching the videos, that the official narrative on this is badly skewed on all fronts. The black group were in no apparent danger, the white kids were not acting aggressive, the NA man deliberately marched directly into the white kids, the white kids do not react with anything apparently hostile, and when the NA goes away the black group continue calling them racial slurs and they continue responding in a relatively benign fashion. No violence. You're painting this badly purely because the one party was white and conservative while the others were neither (though the black group were bat**** insane racists, who did their best to provoke a vigorous reaction for some time before the drummer showed up, with unimpressive results).
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How inciteful of you. The fact that Christians have raped, killed, and made NA into sports mascots, while completely denying their language and religion is completely irrelevant. Catholics - fight for unborn - fvck everyone else. And who the hell is bringing these kids to a pro-life rally? Disgusting.

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                          A 1st nations elder walks into the middle of a confrontation and prays in a language other than English. A jolly Catholic schoolboy stands nose to nose with him, while his jolly Catholic school mates sing jolly songs in English. These schoolboys are the product of the Christian teaching that tried to kill the 1st nations religions, culture, language, and people. So yes, it is a news story, but CNN and some posters here got the story wrong. If it had been a brave old Christian man praying loudly between a couple of groups of, oh let's go with Muslims, who chant something in their language back at him, who would be the hero, and who would be the villains then? I wish Kid were here... his denunciation of the 'lying Indian' might be enough to make some of you think... But you do have Dinner on your side... When that happens to me, I need to think twice about my views.
                          Indians dont lie...ever.

Phillips walked up to the kid, got right in his face and banged his drum inches from his head while claiming he was scared and couldn't retreat. He's full of ****. He ignored the House of Israel people who spent more than an hour yelling insults at people, including Indians. No, he walks around them and right up to some kid who wasn't doing anything but stand waiting for a bus. Then he said the kid wouldn't let him pass. BS! He never tried to get around the kid, he just stood there banging his drum in his face. I'm not quick to call people liars but this Phillips dude was blowing smoke up your arse, Sparky.

and we got him on film...

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I missed the end of the video when the boys friends carried him back to the bus, because he couldn't move. He was a rude brat, and a great American. He should be invited to the all White House for a Big Mac..

• Berzerker
                            Berzerker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Where was he supposed to move? Phillips made no effort to avoid him, he never said excuse me, I'm trying to get to the memorial behind you. He didn't do anything but stand in the kid's face banging his drum next to his head.
                        Working...
                        X