Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I think Kanye puts it best, "Do you think racism can stop me?" He isn't saying that Republicans aren't racist. What he's saying is that Democrats aren't helping black people, even worse they use psych ops against them (keeping them under control like a slave).
    Well, Kanye also said that 19th century slavery was a lifestyle choice

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Republicans aren't racist. Basically that's a smear, and that's all you got. You are doubling down on that game. I pray that God will stop you.
    Lets formulate it differently, so it better reflects truth:

Not all republicans are racist (some of them even may be good people)

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      No one said white people should vote Republican, nor that only white people vote republican, nor any of the other absurd strawmen you're throwing up ...
      People say that only white people vote Republican all the time.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think Kanye puts it best, "Do you think racism can stop me?" He isn't saying that Republicans aren't racist. What he's saying is that Democrats aren't helping black people, even worse they use psych ops against them (keeping them under control like a slave).

Republicans aren't racist. Basically that's a smear, and that's all you got. You are doubling down on that game. I pray that God will stop you.
        Kanye is a drunk and has problems in his own life.

Republicans are indeed racist, and a big part of their party platform is based on racism. It's also based on destroying the will of the working and middle class to demand an equitable share. The republican party is tilting towards a dirty authoritarianism that is based on fear mongering.

Kanye doesn't know ****. His career is in the toilet.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Who?

And please don't say that I did.

But the majority of voters who vote republican are white. I didn't say all.

Well anyone who doesn't make seven figures and votes republican is an idiot.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, Kanye also said that 19th century slavery was a lifestyle choice

Actually Kanye was speaking the truth. Don't you know that during the Civil War all the white men were off fighting the war, and the slaves could have just left the plantations.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Actually Kanye was speaking the truth. Don't you know that during the Civil War all the white men were off fighting the war, and the slaves could have just left the plantations.
              I doubt that all men were off fighting the war ... I guess the rich plantation owners could buy themselves and their staff out from serving in the war (just like it still is the case, see Trump, his bone spurs and Vietnam)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Rich white plantation owners in the south generally did not serve. Those plantations were the basis of the southern economy and when Grant And Sherman razed them it destroyed the south.

Comment

• Those plantations grew cotton that they already couldn't sell because of the blockade... Sherman did other things like tying railroad tracks around trees that might have mattered a bit more.

Comment

• UN Says Climate Genocide Is Coming. It’s Actually Worse Than That.

The alarming new report you may have read about this week from the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change — which examines just how much better 1.5 degrees of warming would be than 2 — echoes the charge. “Amplifies” may be the better term. Hundreds of millions of lives are at stake, the report declares, should the world warm more than 1.5 degrees Celsius, which it will do as soon as 2040, if current trends continue. Nearly all coral reefs would die out, wildfires and heat waves would sweep across the planet annually, and the interplay between drought and flooding and temperature would mean that the world’s food supply would become dramatically less secure. Avoiding that scale of suffering, the report says, requires such a thorough transformation of the world’s economy, agriculture, and culture that “there is no documented historical precedent.” The New York Times declared that the report showed a “strong risk” of climate crisis in the coming decades; in Grist, Eric Holthaus wrote that “civilization is at stake.”
                    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Let it come. It's time for mother earth to teach humanity a lesson.

Comment

Even if true, it’s not something anyone here was saying, and it’s not the same as white people should vote Republican, or that all white people vote Republican. Words have meanings, and the order in which they appear matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Lets not go overboard here.

... I assume ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                            Let it come. It's time for mother earth to teach humanity a lesson.
                            That’s insane.

Comment

• When Republicans send people to Washington, they're not sending their best.

Comment

• Which is why O'Rourke is so extremely close to him in the polling. No he is not you moron.
                                He is actually. Cruz is also +9 against O'Rourke. If, as you stated, only white people vote Republican, why is Cruz doing so well with Hispanic people?

Btw O'Rourke being so close to Cruz in polling should get you to **** in your pants, benny boy.
                                Why? I've never once believed that Cruz would lose. Cruz is actually running ahead of Trump in Texas.

He is clearly winning latinos and younger voters. Unfortunately even I may admit it may be a hair short. Still, Texas isn't looking as impenetrable as it once was. This could have a serious impact on any other competitive race in the state and perhaps nationally as well.
                                Actually, Cruz is winning latinos.

O'Rourke has basically set up a greater foundation for the democratic party in Texas in the future.
                                By falling further behind the republicans and losing critical ground with Hispanic people? Abbott is also crushing it. I think Abbott is getting over 60 percent of Hispanic people.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X