Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Depends on what winning entails ... winning with regards to preventing Kavanaugh maybe not ...
    wining with regards to making voting for Kavanaugh very costly for the GOP senators (with regards to the midterm elections) ...maybe
    Well in the end they will all burn in hell, but yeah, I was talking about the midterms. They might win the midterms, but I think in the long run they are going to lose because people don't like liar scum.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Well in the end they will all burn in hell, but yeah, I was talking about the midterms. They might win the midterms, but I think in the long run they are going to lose because people don't like liar scum.
      You are such an idiot. You know republicans will lose the house. That's a given. The Senate was going to be close, but this whole mess may actually end up causing republicans to lose it too.

And democrats are going to win the midterms because people don't like liar scum indeed. The republicans are liar scum. And in 2020, you will lose the White House too.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Well, seems like at least half of the GOP voters like liar scum, as Trumps popularity proves
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

No you don't.

You are engaging in a smear campaign against the accuser because your preferred pick for the Court is now under threat.
          Well to be fair to Kid, that's consistent with his morals. His morals just suck.

Comment

Well, seems like at least half of the GOP voters like liar scum, as Trumps popularity proves
            That's rich coming from a "I believe what she said because she said that" twit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

Well to be fair to Kid, that's consistent with his morals. His morals just suck.
              Republican Morals!

meanwhile
              Originally posted by BBC
              Brett Kavanaugh accuser offers to testify to Senate

A woman who accuses Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh of trying to rape her in 1982 has offered to testify to the Senate if it can "ensure her safety".

Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer says her client will not appear on Monday, as senators proposed, but might do so next week on "terms that are fair".

Republicans had vowed to press ahead with the confirmation amid uncertainty over whether the accuser would testify.

Judge Kavanaugh has issued a fresh rebuttal of the allegation.
              She continued: "She wishes to testify, provided that we can agree on terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."

But she ruled out any testimony next Monday, calling the date "arbitrary".

The attorney said her client would prefer to wait for the FBI to investigate the accusation before agreeing to testify.

But US President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans have already ruled that out.

The FBI investigated a sexual harassment claim against a Supreme Court nominee in 1991 at the behest of the White House, finishing that inquiry in three days.
              A petition backing Prof Ford, signed by more than 1,000 alumnae from Holton-Arms, her former Maryland high school, was delivered on Thursday to two Democratic women senators.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a New York Democrat, said at the event: "Someone who is lying does not ask the FBI to investigate their claims.

"Judge Kavanaugh has not asked to have the FBI investigate these claims. Is that the reaction of an innocent person? It is not."
              Christine Blasey Ford will only appear before the panel on "terms that are fair". says her lawyer.
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

That's rich coming from a "I believe what she said because she said that" twit.
                Says the person who is of the opinion that Kavanaugh didn't do it, just because he says so ... and also wouldn't like itt to be investigated in order to find out the truth
                (hint: Guilty persons as well as innocent persons would say that they didn't do it (what they are accused of) ... and it is easier for a guilty person to say that he didn't do it, than for a victim (of a person who now is in a high political position) to come forward and accuse the perpetrator ... especially if the perpetrator is part of the GOP, as the GOPs (and their followers) reaction to accusations usually is, to semar the victim/s and threaten them, as the past proves)
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Ds to Rs: Vote no or we will unleash the stupid voters on you.

Comment

• The stupid ones are already voting Republican. I offer the Kidiot and his postings as proof.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Says the person who is of the opinion that Kavanaugh didn't do it, just because he says so ... and also wouldn't like itt to be investigated in order to find out the truth
                      (hint: Guilty persons as well as innocent persons would say that they didn't do it (what they are accused of) ... and it is easier for a guilty person to say that he didn't do it, than for a victim (of a person who now is in a high political position) to come forward and accuse the perpetrator ... especially if the perpetrator is part of the GOP, as the GOPs (and their followers) reaction to accusations usually is, to semar the victim/s and threaten them, as the past proves)
                      That doesn't work in this situation because it is at least possible that she is doing this for political reasons. And everyday more information comes out proving that she has political motivation. If she had any chance of a criminal case it is gone now. She destroyed it. Why would she do that? And why do you pretend to believe such a person?

If you want to be believed cooperate with investigators. That doesn't mean say you want to cooperate. That means do it. Do it like it's supposed to be done.

Comment

• Now dummies are calling for him to be fired from Harvard unless there is a fair trial. You don't get a fricken trial when you have a **** case libtard frickers.

Comment

That doesn't work in this situation because it is at least possible that she is doing this for political reasons.
                          Of course it is possible, hence an investigation would be good to clear it up.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          And everyday more information comes out proving that she has political motivation. ...
                          Which informations?

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          If you want to be believed cooperate with investigators. ...
                          She would cooperate with investigators.
                          The senators at the judicial committee are no investigators, they are just politicians, more than half of which have no interest in finding out the truth ...
                          only in having Kavanaugh being voted into the supreme court at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                            The stupid ones are already voting Republican. I offer the Kidiot and his postings as proof.
                            I offer 2016.

You can't get anymore stupid than a republican voter.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Ask yourselves this...

Would kidiot offer the same defense of a justice being appointed by a democrat President and Democratic Congress? Or would he call for the guy's head?

Hypocrisy is evident.

Someone like Merrick Garland is of far higher moral standing than Kavanaugh. The same applies to the judges that Obama did get appointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

I offer 2016.

You can't get anymore stupid than a republican voter.
                                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                                X