No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if the natives are living on land that happens to be endowed with shiny metals, what are you going to do?

Comment

• A faithful Trumpster doing his work:

Mail bombs were sent to the Obamas, Clintons and George Soros

I guess Donnie will publicly keep silence over it and secretly applaud the bomb builder (and regret that the bombs were detected before they could go off)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Family Values!
        Originally posted by BBC
        US white nationalist Richard Spencer's wife says he abused her

The wife of US white nationalist Richard Spencer has accused him of being "physically, verbally and emotionally abusive", US media report.

In papers filing for divorce, Nina Koupriianova said on one occasion in 2011 Mr Spencer dragged her down the stairs, resulting in bruises.

She said that in 2014 he again "attacked" her when she was four-months pregnant.

In comments to the Associated Press, Mr Spencer denied being an abusive person.

Richard Spencer is a figurehead for US far-right groups and popularised the term "alternative right".
        The wife of US alt-right figurehead Richard Spencer accused him of assault in divorce papers.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• is there some sort of correlation between being a nazi and having a small dick?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            ♪♪ Hitler had only one small ball,
            Goebbels, he had no balls at all.. ♪♪

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
          is there some sort of correlation between being a nazi and having a small dick?
          Perhaps ... there may also be a correlation between closeness to Nazis and having tiny hands
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Apropos small dicks ... here is another example of one:

Comment

• There's also probably a correlation between that and being beaten by your wife.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You can't mix and match. 538 has MO,NV as toss-ups, AZ, IN and FL as lean D and TN as lean R. They put ND in the likely R column and MT as likely D.
                And this is why their analysis is wrong. AZ, IN, FL, MO, NV, MT are all true tossups. They also drop ND to Likely R, but Heitkamp is down by 10 and MT is within 3. ND at this point is Safe R. Texas is Likely R, not Lean, same with Tennessee.

That means you can do your estimates (using 538 poll aggregate) as 1/1 MO,NV and 2/3 IN,FL,AZ and 1/3 TN. That gives a central value of 3 D/3 R (which is R+1). They also say that 6 D/ 0 R (D +2) is about the same probability is 0 D/ 6 R (R + 4). That is also what we see from 538 analysis.
                Subtle, systematic bias across the spectrum is going to greatly distort their results.

By the time you get to R + 5/R + 6 or D + 3/D+4 you are dealing with Likely D/Likely R (like ND, MT, NE, TX, MS, WV, NJ, MN). Those are equal numbers... you could imagine that the distribution is then symmetric. Which it is basically, but R has a longer and higher tail.
                It's not symmetric. That's the problem. There's an R+2, +3 bias in favor of R's that is not being reflected in the 538 analysis. If you assume that it ought to be symmetric, it's going to bias your results. Also, they should be running sims, but sims are only as good as the numbers they are giving them.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

And this is why their analysis is wrong. AZ, IN, FL, MO, NV, MT are all true tossups. They also drop ND to Likely R, but Heitkamp is down by 10 and MT is within 3. ND at this point is Safe R. Texas is Likely R, not Lean, same with Tennessee.

Subtle, systematic bias across the spectrum is going to greatly distort their results.

It's not symmetric. That's the problem. There's an R+2, +3 bias in favor of R's that is not being reflected in the 538 analysis. If you assume that it ought to be symmetric, it's going to bias your results. Also, they should be running sims, but sims are only as good as the numbers they are giving them.
                  It is symmetric with a central value of 51/49 (R+0). You said that the 538 math was wrong, I showed that based on estimates that they weren't (the same sort of estimates you made). Now about how the polls are done... I am not part of that. Someone can claim to know more or less than 538. I claim to know less.

If you think that AZ, IN, FL, MO, NV, MT are true tossups (and ND is not lean R and IN is not lean D), then you are probably right that the center value is R+2. So instead of disparaging 538 math, why don't you say why you think that MT is a tossup? (And IN is not lean D)

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I just did early voting, you guise...

REPUBLICAN DOWN THE BOARD LOL

You bleeder slime are not ready to hold The Tablets. I do not interfere in Daddy's business, and right now we are in the Age of Diamonds. I will support them until The Turning.

Even if it means my failure. That is why I am a good boy.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Daddy is going to give me a good nut tonight.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you didn't mark the ballot with blood, they won't count it...

• Trump supporters failed to kill Obama and the Clintons.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Incompetence saves lives!

Comment

• Well, in 2024 the Leftists can try to gain the Presidency again.
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                          Well, in 2024 the Leftists can try to gain the Presidency again.
                          You mean, if there are still free elections in 2024 and Trump hasn't declared himself Emperor for Lifetime yet

Comment

Working...
                          X