No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trompe utilises a gurgling descent to pressurize a bunch of air. The further the descent the more pressure. If we could only harness the amount of air being released by and about our own trompe in it's massive gurgling descent ... we could power the world with green energy.

Comment

• I should have worked something in there about the sucking and having a big head. Because a trompe really sucks, and the bigger the head the more it will suck. A large trompe with a big head sucks so much it often becomes a deafening roar of sucking.

Comment

• ‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.
        A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.
        Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.
        The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined “on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable.” The agency’s proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

“Sex means a person’s status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth,” the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. “The sex listed on a person’s birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person’s sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence.”

The new definition would essentially eradicate federal recognition of the estimated 1.4 million Americans who have opted to recognize themselves — surgically or otherwise — as a gender other than the one they were born into.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I am sure this Kardashian "girl" ... Caitlyn Jenner ... regrets more and more, supporting Donnie so much during the elections

Here, btw. an additional link thsat doesn't depend on an NY-Times abo (and also delves further into the consequences if the GOP plans will be executed):
          https://slate.com/human-interest/201...existence.html
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 22, 2018, 04:19.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Did Proteus make a post regarding the newest smear against a white women that was trying to keep her community save by using accepted security measures? We have a serious problem in America with people making stupid false accusations of racism against people. The victims are seriously harmed.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• If fez understood economics ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Did Proteus make a post regarding the newest smear against a white women that was trying to keep her community save by using accepted security measures? We have a serious problem in America with people making stupid false accusations of racism against people. The victims are seriously harmed.
                You mean the white woman who followed the black Babysitter with the white kids till his home and called the cops upon him?
                Yes, I made a post about this, sometime last week.

I would bet that she wouldn't have called the cops (or followed him home) if it had been a white babysitter with black kids
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Aeson
                  Aeson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She may have been worried the black kids had taken the white babysitter hostage?

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

You mean the white woman who followed the black Babysitter with the white kids till his home and called the cops upon him?
                Yes, I made a post about this, sometime last week.

I would bet that she wouldn't have called the cops (or followed him home) if it had been a white babysitter with black kids
                Why doesn't it surprise me that you believe another smear against a woman with no evidence?

Comment

• This is the case that I'm surprised that Proteus hasn't brought up.

A white woman was fired after getting caught on video blocking a black man from entering his own apartment building and then calling the cops on him, according to reports. D’Arreion Toles ret…

Comment

• I wonder what Giancarlo would say to Kidicious about this right now...
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                      She would have called the cops anyway and claimed the black kids were abducting a white women
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        [538] got the call wrong last time.
                        If I tell you there's a 1-in-3 chance that a d6 will come up 5+, and you roll the die and get a 5, was I wrong?
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

If I tell you there's a 1-in-3 chance that a d6 will come up 5+, and you roll the die and get a 5, was I wrong?
                          Your mind is in the right place, but not your wisdom.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Whatever that means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              This is the case that I'm surprised that Proteus hasn't brought up.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/white-...-his-building/
                              Did she inquire white residents the same way as well (and block them from entering)?
                              Or did she do it only to this black resident?

Also I am curious:
                              I am not familiar with US appartment buildings, but in germany it would be quite strange to be hindered from entering an appartment building by someone working there.
                              All appartment buildings here in germany usually have an outer door that can only be opened from the outside by a key or by a release buzzer from inside one of the appartments ... therefore anyone entering the appartment building can per default be assumed to be either a resident or a guest of one of the residents.
                              Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 22, 2018, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X