No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He made a pretty good case for lower immigration in order to constrain the labor supply and thus drive up wages for blue collar workers. That is an economic argument which has nothing to do with mythic “intolerance”. Why can’t you deal with what the guy said instead of lying and making up things he didn’t say?

It seems like there was already plenty there to disagree with him about without inventing lies he didn’t say.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Michael Gove says he "shuddered" when he saw UKIP's anti-EU poster featuring a long queue of migrants - but Nigel Farage says it showed "the truth".
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• House Trump, led by King Trumpus, First of His Name, is now visiting the UK.
        Blah

Comment

• Britain has been a ****hole ever since those Saxons immigrated.

Comment

• LONDON -- While in London on an official state visit, US President Donald Trump failed to recognize that Buckingham Palace had sent the cast of Netflix’s The Crown in place of the actual Royal Family.

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• At least it seems this time there's nothing to hide, like it happened when T went to Japan:

Navy acknowledges request to hide McCain warship
              Blah

Comment

• Maybe Trump will use the DDay commemoration to tell us how he overwhelmed them Krauts on the beaches. I guess he went in alone and unarmed to stop them shooting.
                Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Today is actually the 85th anniversary of a Brown Shirt (proto-Nazi) rally in Winnipeg, known as the Market Square Massacre. About 100 Nazi supporters rallied in Winnipeg, expecting the overwhelmingly white, Christian population to support there ideas. They did draw a crowd (Estimates put it up to 10,000 of a city with about 60,000). Police tried to intervene (protect the Nazis), but the crowd would have none of it! American's should read up on such events, so that they will know how to react to Nazis rallying in their towns.

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...anada-48548031

**** is now completely out of control at the Southern border. We now have giant caravans of 500 African illegal aliens trying to force their way across the border (and, sadly, succeeding).

They will all falsely claim to be refugees but they each spent thousands of dollars to first fly to central America then thousands of more dillars to be smuggled up to the US border. These are not poor people, these are economic migrants who are knowingly breaking our laws specifically for personal financial gain. This needs to stop.

Comment

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• This looks good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...anada-48548031

**** is now completely out of control at the Southern border. We now have giant caravans of 500 African illegal aliens trying to force their way across the border (and, sadly, succeeding).

They will all falsely claim to be refugees but they each spent thousands of dollars to first fly to central America then thousands of more dillars to be smuggled up to the US border. These are not poor people, these are economic migrants who are knowingly breaking our laws specifically for personal financial gain. This needs to stop.
                      Thousands of dollars? Don't plane tickets normally cost hundreds?

Comment

• pchang
                        pchang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not from Africa. I just got tickets to London that cost about $5000 (albeit business class).

• Cheap tickets from most places to South Africa run about 1400 USD.

You might be able to do a little better from Atlanta, DC or New York.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• In a few seconds (on a bad internet connection) I found SA to Rio for around $400. Likely better routes from various other places in Africa.

More likely they could buy or work their way across the Atlantic on a cargo or fishing ship.

The assumption that refugees and immigrants must be traveling in Western middle class or business class style is pretty funny. Anf ignores the obvious fact that they aren’t arriving on the border in such style.

I know lots of relatively rich migrants to the US, but they do it legally and have jobs waiting for them ... because if you have the money why risk dying jumping the border or being treated like a slave if you do find work?

Comment

• I hadn't read Dinner's post.

I wish that was still the case.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Media: Trump should have edited his post

Donald Trump says he speaks with "foreign governments" every day, including the "Prince of Whales".
                            Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X