No announcement yet.

Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, his last post just demonstrated the futility of it. But yeah, pretty hilarious.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• TIL 70% and 100% are the same thing.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm sure he'll tell us he used to be a dungeon master so he understands it perfectly.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Anyway, I really hate how the current forum software occasionally empties my ignore list, and I feel ill after reading BK's last few posts in the Kavanaugh thread, so back he goes.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Some days I can read Kidiot's posts too...

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Did she inquire white residents the same way as well (and block them from entering)?
          Or did she do it only to this black resident?

Also I am curious:
          I am not familiar with US appartment buildings, but in germany it would be quite strange to be hindered from entering an appartment building by someone working there.
          All appartment buildings here in germany usually have an outer door that can only be opened from the outside by a key or by a release buzzer from inside one of the appartments ... therefore anyone entering the appartment building can per default be assumed to be either a resident or a guest of one of the residents.
          Walking in when someone opens the door is wrong. I'm sure it is the same in Germany, however you let Muslims do whatever even if they are rapists.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

however you let Muslims do whatever even if they are rapists.
            And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Trump said they are all rapists, and it takes one to know one!

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Walking in when someone opens the door is wrong. I'm sure it is the same in Germany, however you let Muslims do whatever even if they are rapists.
            So if I understand you correctly ...
            if I want to enter an appartment building (I have a key for) and someone opens the door (for example because he leaves the bulding),
            I am supposed to wait till the person has left and the door has fallen into the lock again and then open it with my key (instead of just using the already open door to enter), because else I am strongly suspected of being an illegal intruder into the building

Sounds quite paranoid
            (on the other hand I live in civilized europe, where people aren't usually allowed to carry firearms in public ... maybe paranoia can save lives in the wild west, where even mentally deranged people are allowed to buy and carry firearms)
            Last edited by Proteus_MST; October 22, 2018, 17:18.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

So if I understand you correctly ...
              if I want to enter an appartment building (I have a key for) and someone opens the door (for example because he leaves the bulding),
              I am supposed to wait till the person has left and the door has fallen into the lock again and then open it with my key (instead of just using the already open door to enter), because else I am strongly suspected of being an illegal intruder into the building

Sounds quite paranoid
              (on the other hand I live in civilized europe, where people aren't usually allowed to carry firearms in public ... maybe paranoia can save lives in the wild west, where even mentally deranged people are allowed to buy and carry firearms)
              You aren't necessarily suspected of being a criminal. You are expected to use your device. If you don't you are helping criminals.

Comment

• I'm beginning to understand the far-right ... I think the problem here is doors. Say you have 3 doors, and behind 1 of them is a prize. Ben will choose the right-most of the doors, and accidentally lock himself in it before we learn if he's won or not. Kid will also choose the right-most door, but as he doesn't want to help criminals will wait for Ben to leave and let the door close before opening the door. As Ben is stuck inside, Kid will never get to find out if he's won the prize or not ... as Kid will wait for Ben, Ben will always be stuck inside. Ben will know 100% whether Kid won or lost ... even though stats would tell Kid that he's got a 33% chance.

They are always outsmarted by the door.

Comment

• Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Is the prize a criminal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      Kid will never get to find out if he's won the prize or not They are always outsmarted by the door.
                      Is the prize a criminal?
                      Aeson called it.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just like that time in Civ2 the phalanx unit defeated the bomber... odds are just that.
                        If you say that 'Republicans are odds-off favorites to lose this election and use the percentages, after giving the exact same prediction, can we reliable conclude that Republicans are going to lose this election too? Or is it more likely that you're miscalculating the odds, because, you know, you just plain got it wrong?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• BTW, I know that the odds from 538 are wrong. They estimate that R+5 is the equivalent of D+4. If we assume that NV + MO + FL + IN + AZ + MT are all 'tossup', meaning 50/50, and we assume that TX, and TN are all likely, meaning 80/20 splits, and ND is 95/5.

The average result is going to be R winning TX, TN, ND, MV, MO, FL, that is half the tossups. R+5 is about half as likely, or about 25 percent or one in four, not 2 percent that 538 is claiming.

So that means one of two things, one that RCP is lying when it says that all six are true tossups (I don't think they are), or 538 can't do math. (much more likely). D+4 is something well below 1 percent at this rate.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• That makes absolute and perfect sense to me.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                            X