No announcement yet.

Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

3some with synchronised swimmers is my dream
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Winter games have cooler sports.
        But with the true Olympic theme of the competitors being naked I wonder how many Olympians would keep coming back after their extremities drop off from frostbite.

Comment

Horse dressage... I mean CMON!! Even equestrian I can remotely understand for the history etc but dressage.. aargh! Get rid of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I'm sure at least half of them recognize a good breastroke when they see one
            Hey, with Amanda Beard, Kaitlin Sandeno or Natalie Coughlin, who needs to see how well they swim?
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I don't think he was talking about swimming.

(another joke fragged )
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

fencing is pretty silly - not much swordplay - just people stabbing at each other and falling over.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

What's wrong with table tennis and, even more, with badminton?

I'd get rid of synchronized swimming, rhytmis gymastics, allround riding (don't know the real name, but that horse competition where traditionally many horses die and which is basically an Olympic ground for aristocratic parasites).
                  And female gymnastics need to be reformed - the extreme focussing on feminine look and behavior in combination with those often really young girls doesn't seem right. I can smell the abuse of minors by coaches in that sport through the screen.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

fencing would be better if people were actually wounded or killed.

Comment

Um... how about not at all? What is wrong with a horse event based on the style of riding? It's like horse gymnastics. And besides, any event created by a military is, by definition, not ridiculous .
                      Why doesn't the horse get the medal then?

Comment

don't know the real name, but that horse competition where traditionally many horses die

Um... what? There is no horse competition where many horses die! There is dressage, cross country, and jumpers. None of which in which horses die and all are important competitions (and I find cross country and jumpers very exciting... and dressage has its place ).

Why doesn't the horse get the medal then?

Have the horse alone in the ring then; I bet s/he doesn't do a damned thing . Then put a rider on the horse... hey, look all this cool stuff happens .

And usually, which horse it is doesn't matter. One of the highest ranking riders in the all-around event this year was riding a horse which was originally an off the track thoroughbred for $2,500. It peformed just as well as those pedegreed $100,000 horses. The rider (and trainer) is the key.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, speaking as one who has actually ridden a horse, it's not as easy as it looks to do simple stuff, let alone dressage and equestrian.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Have the horse alone in the ring then; I bet s/he doesn't do a damned thing . Then put a rider on the horse... hey, look all this cool stuff happens .

Do the same, except put the rider in the ring. Then add the horse.

Comment

No event where there's a source of power other than the athlete's body should be considered a sport.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, speaking as one who has actually ridden a horse, it's not as easy as it looks to do simple stuff, let alone dressage and equestrian.

Same here Ben. I wonder if you put these people on a horse. I'd imagine they'd sing a different tune, even if it was just a 1 hour trail ride.

Do the same, except put the rider in the ring. Then add the horse.

Yep, so give it to the animal who is in charge, ie, the rider.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X