Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

I’ve been looking at some of the events of the Olympics and it has left me wondering why they were added. I mean did they wake up one day and decide that they had some time to fill and added Beach volleyball. Is there a professional tour for this? And they not only have baseball but softball to. Is Softball really that popular outside the US? And WTF is handball? Some weird cross between basketball and something else. And don’t get me started on Badminton. I hear China and India are Badminton powerhouse.

So when is skateboarding gonna become an event. How about running from the police or beer chugging

What I really want to see is sex apart of the games. Then I’d certainly tune in to see what the world has to offer. I’m sure some here on poly would do very well in the solo events…

Here is a link to the events.

Discover all the Olympic Sports from our complete list at Olympics.com and read the latest news and watch videos from your favourite discipline.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

all of them

Comment

Is there a professional tour for this?

Well, since the olympics are supposed to be for AMATURE sportswomen and sportsmen.....

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        Is there a professional tour for this?

Well, since the olympics are supposed to be for AMATURE sportswomen and sportsmen.....

-Jam
        There are lots of pros in the games or have you not noticed?
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          all of them
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yes, but they're exploiting loopholes.

Example : football. The clubs agree not to pay the players for the duration of the tornament.

-jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Professional IOC bribery...I don't reckon that is a legitimate sport to have in the olympics
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                Yes, but they're exploiting loopholes.

Example : football. The clubs agree not to pay the players for the duration of the tornament.

-jam
                But they are still professionals, loophole or no loophole

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Professional IOC bribery...I don't reckon that is a legitimate sport to have in the olympics
                  Yet another sport for the US and Europe to dominate uh

Comment

But they are still professionals, loophole or no loophole

Sadly, yes

-Jam

Comment

Seriously though, it has to be those walking competitions...if you want to go fast, run for christ's sake!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

trapoline
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Oh I like that one - I imagine I could compete.

-Jam

Comment

rhythmic gymnastics. for all those *****es that couldnt cut it
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Now I can't do THAT one

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X