Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Originally posted by Sprayber
    --- I mean did they wake up one day and decide that they had some time to fill and added Beach volleyball.
    ---

What I really want to see is sex apart of the games. ---
    Did you even watch the ladies' beach volleyball?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
      Is there a professional tour for this?

Well, since the olympics are supposed to be for AMATURE sportswomen and sportsmen.....

-Jam
      I know, I know... an olympics spelling bee!
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I think forum trolling should be an olympic event.
        veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

There's plenty of so called sports that I sniff at on any other occasion, but when it's in the olympics I'm all of a sudden a die hard fan. It's great! well OK, perhaps there's a couple of sports I really can't watch even during the olympics. But those sports are few and far between.

Comment

What is with you? Softball and badminton are one of the best sports my school does at. Heck, we even have a National Badminton Association.
            Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
            The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
            Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
            We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

There's plenty of so called sports that I sniff at on any other occasion, but when it's in the olympics I'm all of a sudden a die hard fan. It's great!

True dat. When its country vs. country it's much more fun than club team vs. club team!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                True dat. When its country vs. country it's much more fun than club team vs. club team!
                Well, I wouldn't say that it has to do with that for me. It's just because it's the olympics!

-----

As for handball; while I'm hardly a fan, I'd say an american can't complain as they've included baseball...

-----

OK, I have to admit, sailing and anything including horses is not exacly my bag.

-----

As for sports that's no longer part of the olympics. I'd love to see tug-of-war being reintroduced!

Comment

tug of war!

And handball fricking rules.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Used to play handball in our Phys Ed.

Great game.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Dodge Ball must be included or the entire games are a sham.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Re: Re: Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

Did you even watch the ladies' beach volleyball?
                        Yes and it was boring as hell... One of those sports that just don't really translate well over TV for me. I love baseball and softball but I can't for the life of me sit down and watch a game on TV.

Interestingly though, rowing sort of held my attention for a little bit.

I must admit this hand ball thing is turning out to be kind of interstesting, I wonder if it will be televised.

Badminton
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Badminton is fun, man... watching the best do it, at least. The difference between average badminton and the best badminton is bigger than the difference between average table tennis and the best stuff.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dodge Ball must be included or the entire games are a sham.

i watch it all the time on the Ocho.
                            B♭3

Comment

Denmark has already secured at least one medal in Badminton, as apparently both our mixed-doubles have reached the semifinals.

So we make it to the overall medals ranking this time around also.

Comment

I'd prefer to not have to watch sports like football, cycling and tennis where the olympics are considered a minor side-event. It's better to have small sports where everyone truly yearns for an olympic medal.
                                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                                X