No announcement yet.

Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't mind shooting, badminton, table tennis, and archery.

i think all of them are more deserving than say, trampoline, rhythmic gymnastics, ice dancing... horse dressage doesn't exactly seem deserving, either.
    B♭3

Comment

Forgot trampoline. Yeeee gods. Rhythmic gymnastics too.

Horse dressage?

I'm ignoring the Winter Games for now. There are so many made-up sports in the Winter Games, I wouldn't know where to begin.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

What else are the horses going to do? It's not like they're too big on tennis or triple jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          Forgot trampoline. Yeeee gods. Rhythmic gymnastics too.

Horse dressage?

I'm ignoring the Winter Games for now. There are so many made-up sports in the Winter Games, I wouldn't know where to begin.
          Winter games have cooler sports.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I love hockey, speed skating, or downhill, slalom, and cross-country skiing. But damned near everything else is... marginal, at best.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The olympics should be as they were in ancient greece, except with (naked) women competitors also allowed.

AND NO MEDALS FOR 2nd AND 3rd
              eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

curling

Ah c'mon, this has to be in, where else are the british going to win somekind of madal.
                -
                Noone is going to mention weightlifting for hmm 'girls'. Them ****** are scary looking creatures.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

how about horse dressage. How ridiculous is that!!??

Um... how about not at all? What is wrong with a horse event based on the style of riding? It's like horse gymnastics. And besides, any event created by a military is, by definition, not ridiculous .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                    The olympics should be as they were in ancient greece, except with (naked) women competitors also allowed.

AND NO MEDALS FOR 2nd AND 3rd
                    speak for yourself. I want naked men dammit!

Comment

Then go to new-york and see if you can buy Boris' couch.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm only interested in the winter games. Summer is for sissies.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Winter games are for wusses .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            Hands down. Nothing else is even close.

The following "sports" need to go: sync swimming, sync diving, shooting, table tennis, badminton, race walking.

I'm up in air about archery.
                            Nah, the point of the Olympics was supposed to be martial sports - so keep shooting in.

Comment

I can't understand why ANYONE would want to get rid of sync diving after watching it... added to that table tennis and badminton definately need to stay!

Comment

synchronised swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gives me the horn though so I don't mind if they keep it
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X