Most Ridiculous Olympic Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this?

Any sport that Krazyhorse can do, ought not to be considered a sport.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Not if you don't swing and the ball hits your racket and bounces back.

Then the energy cam from your opponent. Unless he's a robot, this is a red herring.

You have a ridiculous notion of what should be a 'sport'.

Too bad. I think it's ridiculous that any event based on controlling an external source of energy should be considered a sport.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        His is generally good, but fails on some accounts.

I'd definately keep riflery, because the olympic sports are supposed to be martial.
        That's why archery is still in there.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          How about this?

Any sport that Krazyhorse can do, ought not to be considered a sport.
          If it's sports that I can do better than you then this disqualifies 90% of what's in the Olympics right now.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• His is generally good, but fails on some accounts.

No, it fails on a lot of accounts. Equestrian is a sport, as is bobsled, luge, gymnastics, etc. Sport is a competition based on skill or strength requiring physical excertion. All fit. Perhaps Curling would fall short of the definition, but the rest? They can stay. Equestrian, for one, requires a HELL of a lot more physical excertion than Archery.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Then the energy cam from your opponent.

Yes, a source of power other than THE athlete's body... it comes from the other athlete's body and thus is an external source of power.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                His is generally good, but fails on some accounts.

No, it fails on a lot of accounts. Equestrian is a sport,
                Not even close.

as is bobsled, luge

Better, but still questionable.

gymnastics, etc.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Not even close.

More than close. No question that it is a sport. Only those ignorant about it would claim that it isn't.

Comment

Then the energy cam from your opponent.

Yes, a source of power other than THE athlete's body... it comes from the other athlete's body and thus is an external source of power.
                    If you misinterpreted my posts to take them to mean that an athlete may not use his opponent's energy against him then I apologise for the confusion. If you understood my meaning that I am against sports based on nonhuman power sources and are simply trying to confuse the issue then stop being a dork.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Further:

Sport:

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

• If it's sports that I can do better than you then this disqualifies 90% of what's in the Olympics right now

Doubtful, that is, very doubtful.

What is your favourite sport to do, not to watch, Krazyhorse?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• gymnastics is fairly sportish (in parts)

they are suppose to do things that take skill ans strength, and when they fail they get points deducted

it is the judging that is lacking (and the occasional artistic requirements, which are not sport)

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I am against sports based on nonhuman power sources

It is absolutely silly to consider a SPORT (as you have said it to be) to have some nonhuman power sources affecting it to not be sports.

Comment

• So a cross country ski course where the finish line is at a slightly lower elevation than the start wouldn't qualify but one where they are at the same elevation would (ie there'd be a bit of gravity in the first one)? That's just stupid.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Not even close.

More than close. No question that it is a sport. Only those ignorant about it would claim that it isn't.
                                Only those ignorant about the nature of sports would claim that it is.

See how easy it is to make assertions?
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X