Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kavanaugh showed incredible instability on the stand
    Where? I thought he did very well. He was coherent and spoke from the heart.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Where? I thought he did very well. He was coherent and spoke from the heart.
      You're delusional.

He was a rampaging idiot who was angry, crying, and all sorts of other crap... he looked like he had multiple personalities or something along that lines...

Somebody else posted a image of him showing all these stupid ass emotions like he was the victim.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Comment

• Err... maybe that last image I posted is him holding in a fart. Can't let it rip on national television.

Not good for your health!
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Libtard on steroids.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• No, I am just more aware than you.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b01470d05445e5

Winning! Ford will lay off reportedly up to 12% of its workforce globally. No doubt many positions in the rustbelt. Well I hope for more job losses... This is what this country wanted. The recession should start to hit in 2019. A good 90 years after a catastrophic global event.

We are overdue for an economic crash worse than 2008.

Comment

• A fine example of a leftist bleeder
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I rarely cite Faux... But this one is true. I also heard the limo itself failed several inspections. Whoever owns the company that operates the limo should be brought up on criminal charges. But no matter... 20 lives gone...

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                      A fine example of a leftist bleeder
                      Well i did say it was more winning! maybe trump can file the US for bankruptcy. He is a winner at that.

Comment

• Does anyone really know how many death threats false accusers got?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          Does anyone really know how many death threats false accusers got?
                          We cannot know, because we first would have to start a thorough FBI investigation in order to find out who is a false accuser and who not
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

We cannot know, because we first would have to start a thorough FBI investigation in order to find out who is a false accuser and who not
                            Nope. There are more false accusers than can be proven by the FBI. A lot of people get away with making false accusations.

On a related note Pelosi is filling a request for the FBI investigation into Ford's accusation under the FOIA. Good. Let's see it. All the Senators say that it shows that there is no corroboration for her accusation. It also shows that Ford's allies tried to get someone to change their story.

Comment

• wouldn't surprise me, TBH.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• The #MeToo movement is now an undeniable force in American culture—but a new poll is a reminder that not everyone thinks it’s entirely a force for good.

According to a new poll of 6,251 adults released by the Pew Research Center on Wednesday, 31% of respondents say that women making false claims about being sexually harassed or assaulted is a major problem in today’s workplace. Another 45% think baseless allegations are a minor problem.

Interestingly, there’s no gender divide among those who believe that false reports are a major problem: that 31% of respondents is split equally between men and women. There is, however, a partisan split: Republican or Republican-leaning responders were more likely to identify the issue as problem (34%) than Democrats or Democrat-leaning (29%).

Along the same lines, 34% of poll takers told Pew that employers firing accused men before finding out all the facts is a major issue (39% called it a minor problem).

That’s not to say that Americans aren’t concerned about the victims of sexual harassment. The poll, conducted from Feb. 26 to March 11, finds that a full 50% of respondents believe that men getting away with sexual harassment or assault remains a major problem, while 46% say the same of women not being believed. And the scale of the problem is clear: 59% of women and 27% of men told Pew they have been sexually harassed at work.

Still, the data suggests that observers are deeply skeptical that the current sexual harassment-related shake-up will result in a fairer and more gender-neutral workplace. More than half of poll respondents told Pew that the increased focus on harassment will make it harder for men to interact with women at work (at 55%, men were slightly more likely to say so than women.) The older the cohort, the more likely they were to say that #MeToo will make such interactions harder on men.

Respondents found the outlook for women equally bleak: 51% said that the current reckoning over sexual harassment and assault will not make “much difference” in the opportunities available to women in the workplace.

Comment

Working...
                                X