Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BBC
    A small town in the US state of Missouri is stirring controversy after announcing the title of its new local newspaper, the Uranus Examiner.

The newspaper, which was "launched" in the town of Uranus on Wednesday, was threatened with a boycott by the mayor of nearby Waynesville, Luge Hardman.

"No. I'm sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts the city up for public ridicule," Ms Hardman said.

The people of Uranus, in Pulaski County, are divided on the issue.

Natalie Sanders, who has been named as the newspaper's managing editor, told local news channel KY3 that the title was carefully considered before a decision was made.

"We had thought about 'constitution', but most of the people who love us, and who were part of coming up with the name, liked the examiner better," Ms Sanders reportedly said.
    An unusually named town in Missouri is stirring controversy with the title of its new newspaper.

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• "No. I'm sorry. But the innuendo of that title puts the city up for public ridicule," Ms Hardman said.

The people of Uranus, in Pulaski County, are divided on the issue.
      Yes, divided in the butt crack of America.

I think naming your city Uranus has already put the city up for public ridicule.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• ...the mayor of nearby Waynesville, Luge Hardman.
        Uh, maybe look in the mirror first?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post

Yes, divided in the butt crack of America.

I think naming your city Uranus has already put the city up for public ridicule.
          It's not just a place. It's a Destination.
          And the Uranus Examiner keeps in tone with everything else there.
          https://uranusmissouri.com/
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• I think Manafort is now actively cooperating. He will probably get a more lenient sentence on the first trial verdicts. Trump is royally screwed.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Uh, maybe look in the mirror first?
              Uranus can’t handle Hardman!

Comment

• I was spot on again about Manafort. He flipped for a plea bargain. It had nothing to do with a trial being too costly. He is actively cooperating with Mueller, possibly regarding the collusion and conspiracy claims.

Geriatric Rudi Ghoulanna is claiming that there was nothing damaging or offered on Trump. Now I believe the exact opposite. This is nearing its conclusion. Trump will be out before the end of his term.

​​​​​https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b046313fba58c0
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Hardman thrusts self into Uranus affair.
                  Last edited by Aeson; September 14, 2018, 22:05.

Comment

• So this latest Democrat accuser gives her story to a politician who then gives it to Feinstein who then gives it to the FBI, not like a decent person would do, but she releases a public statement. And she's been holding on to it for months. Are there any decent Democrats left. She's the old guard, but she knows they will elect someone else that doesn't have any moral decency.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      ... not like a decent person would do....
                      How would a decent person do it IYO?

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      ... but she knows they will elect someone else that doesn't have any moral decency.
                      You mean, like another republican?
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Uranus drives Hardman crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

How would a decent person do it IYO?

You mean, like another republican?
                          A decent person would say, "what business of this is mine." A Democrat would say, "I'll tell the FBI and release a public statement, but I'll wait until the best political time." After all we all know they don't give a **** about women.

Comment

A decent person would say, "what business of this is mine." A Democrat would say, "I'll tell the FBI and release a public statement, but I'll wait until the best political time." After all we all know they don't give a **** about women.
                            A decent person wouldn't report potential crimes to the FBI?
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

A decent person wouldn't report potential crimes to the FBI?
                              Because someone gave them a letter written by someone else saying that a high school student tried to do something 35 years ago THAT ISN'T A FEDERAL CRIME?

Comment

Because someone gave them a letter written by someone else saying that a high school student tried to do something 35 years ago THAT ISN'T A FEDERAL CRIME?
                                Well, I heard it was in the vicinity of sexual molestation or even rape ... not a good CV entry for someone who wants to become supreme court
                                (but I guess republicans see it a little bit more relaxed when it comes to sexual crimes against women)

Comment

Working...
                                X