Thread for obviously newsworthy stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

The reality is both sides regularly get death threats.
    From what I have seen it seems more Trump supporters and right wingers who send death threats. I'm not saying it doesn't happen on the other side, but it seems the majority of death threats are directed at democrats.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• And yes, Kavanaugh will be investigated and impeached.
      By whom? He's already been investigated and they found that the allegations lacked sufficient evidence to file charges. As for impeachment, good luck getting to 67.

You love rape just like your party.
      As I said, all you have are smears.

Complete and absolute dementia. People like you are what is wrong with this country.
      Smears, smears, smears.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Kavanaugh is mentally imbalanced and is unfit to be on the stand. One can just point toh is testimony. He's unqualified because of his mental issues. He looked bipolar on the stand. He is not fair and cannot render judgments correctly.
        Nothing of the sort was held of Kavanaugh back in 2003 when he was nominated for the appellate court then. Surely in the past decade plus he's been on the court, such instability would have become apparent?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• From what I have seen it seems more Trump supporters and right wingers who send death threats
          Ooh! [[citation needed]].

Comment

• Giancarlo talking about someone else being mentally unstable
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Well, I'd argue that he has considerable expertise in these matters.

Comment

• Btw, JohnT is back
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

By whom? He's already been investigated and they found that the allegations lacked sufficient evidence to file charges. As for impeachment, good luck getting to 67.

As I said, all you have are smears.

Smears, smears, smears.

(As promised - well some GIFs when dealing with Mr. Idiot).
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Nothing of the sort was held of Kavanaugh back in 2003 when he was nominated for the appellate court then. Surely in the past decade plus he's been on the court, such instability would have become apparent?

Oh so just because their a judge means they can't do anything wrong?

Comment

• Oh so just because their a judge means they can't do anything wrong?
                      Democrats at the time did not cite 'instability' as a justification for opposing his nomination to the DC appellate court, which they blocked for three years. I can only conclude that since they didn't cite 'instability' that Kavanaugh in 2003 did not exhibit these characteristics.

Given that Democrats in 2018 never cited instability as a justification for opposing Kavanaugh's nomination at the outset, I can also conclude with reasonable certainty that Kavanaugh never exhibited said characteristics in the decade plus he's been on the DC appellate court.

What is interesting is that folks like you only cited this *after* his speech where he called out the entire process as a circus. That strikes me as the complaint that someone would have when they've been justifiably called out and wanting to silence the speaker.

Comment

Democrats at the time did not cite 'instability' as a justification for opposing his nomination to the DC appellate court, which they blocked for three years. I can only conclude that since they didn't cite 'instability' that Kavanaugh in 2003 did not exhibit these characteristics.

Given that Democrats in 2018 never cited instability as a justification for opposing Kavanaugh's nomination at the outset, I can also conclude with reasonable certainty that Kavanaugh never exhibited said characteristics in the decade plus he's been on the DC appellate court.

What is interesting is that folks like you only cited this *after* his speech where he called out the entire process as a circus. That strikes me as the complaint that someone would have when they've been justifiably called out and wanting to silence the speaker.

Here we go again with the bull****... endless from Burger King.

https://youtu.be/Qn16DsftSjI - Listen to this on American bull****. This country truly is full of ****.

First off, Kavanaugh showed that he is not fit to be a Supreme Court justice and several said that after the hearings.

You're stupid and always have been. You're incapable of paying attention. You're biased and stupid, and that is what makes it worse.

Comment

• First off, Kavanaugh showed that he is not fit to be a Supreme Court justice and several said that after the hearings.
                          Which corroborates with my statement.

You're biased and stupid
                          I cited three facts. One, Democrats did not cite instability as a justification to deny his nomination to the DC appellate court in 2003. Two, nor did they cite instability as a justification to deny him his nomination at the outset. Three, that after the hearings had already been held and after he defended himself by calling out the process as a circus, after the allegations of gang rape and other nonsense, did the accusation that he's imbalanced emerge.

Why didn't the Democrats include that in their statements during the hearings?

Comment

• Okay can we get back to news worthy issues, and not your personal problems and shortcomings? Kavanaugh showed incredible instability on the stand. He doesn't seem like he can keep his cool.

BTW, Kavanaugh. Stolen memos. Perjury.

Already went through with this for you. Here is another meme:

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post

From what I have seen it seems more Trump supporters and right wingers who send death threats. I'm not saying it doesn't happen on the other side, but it seems the majority of death threats are directed at democrats.
                              And your guess would be wrong. Regular death threats have pretty much been part and parcel with being in the public eye for decades now. It is not just politics either as celebs routinely get death threats for mundane things like hosting TV game shows. It is just the modern world we live in and does not make any one side special.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

And your guess would be wrong. Regular death threats have pretty much been part and parcel with being in the public eye for decades now. It is not just politics either as celebs routinely get death threats for mundane things like hosting TV game shows. It is just the modern world we live in and does not make any one side special.
                                You're guessing too.

Anyways back to news...

The stretch limousine held the driver and 17 friends headed to celebrate a birthday at a brewery in upstate New York. Two pedestrians were also killed.

One of the worst accidents in this country in 9 years...

Comment

Working...
                                X