No announcement yet.

Are you getting a Covid Vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also due to your late start on it too. I feel badly for the folks in OZ.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Well I might as well weigh in on this. I´m not someone who is on any priority list (due to my job, my age and my health) I have no prior history of any difficulties related to this. I would prefer that everyone who is on these lists because of age, desire and so on would have the opportunity to receive the shot due to limitations in supply before my number gets called. That being said.

I don´t think that the coronavirus shot should be given to everyone. There is little to no rationale to give the shot to people under 60, as 99 percent of those who have died have been over 60. We could achieve full coverage of the vulnerable population by doing one shot of all those over 60, as well as those who are in professions where they are in contact with vulnerable people (health care, etc). I wouldn´t include teachers on this list even though they have been made a priority everywhere, because of the low risks to children.

I am also unhappy with the talk of making the shot mandatory or imposing permanent travel restrictions based on getting this shot. By and large the public health goals have been achieved so there is no need for further measures to increase compliance.

So that´s my take on it. I´ll be back of the line until 70 percent or so have their second shot here, maybe in September.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Ben! Glad to see you're doing well... but you have 7 (seven) major errors in your post. Still spreading bs I see...And you still teach? Oh well...

• Are people still getting vaccinated in Canada? In the US, the rate has dropped precipitously.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, people are still being vaccinated in Canada. Mostly 2nd doses, and teenagers first and second doses. It looks like we'll end up with 70-80% fully vaccinated, probably by September.

• Sorry, I thought you had returned to Canada. I am not sure what the numbers are like in Mexico.

JMM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• In a hospital in Madrid they started vaccinating all day long so I was able to get my first Pfizer shot by going at 2am. So far everything is ok. I love our government. I want to buy more technology products.
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
          I had my second shot last Thursday (Moderna). Canadian medical experts are saying that you will probably have better results if you mix the 2 types of vaccines, in separate doses.

With Moderna, I had an amazingly sore shoulder/arm for about 36 hours, and had chills/night sweats the first night. So the immune response was excellent.

Is anyone here still not vaccinated?
          I saw research saying it matters which one is first, I think it was Pfizer followed by Moderna or Astrazeneca. I still haven't been vaccinated, I've been holding off until after an important golf tournament and I'm still looking at data. I wanted the 1 shot for simplicity but it looks like the 2 shots are better for the delta variant. But I'm also a bit more worried about Pfizer and Moderna. I'll probably go with the 1 shot in a week and a half.

Comment

• Of the current ones out there, if I had a choice, I would go with Novovax. It is older and more proven technology (rolled out for Hep-B unlike the J&J tech which was rolled out for Ebola and the Pfizer/Moderna tech which was just rolled out now). It is perhaps even more potent than the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine. It has lower side effects than the J&J/Moderna/Pfizer.

JM
            (I got Moderna)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• I'll have to google it

Comment

• Got moderna. Sore arm the next day, like if I had been punched, went away the day after.

Other people I've talked to who have had Moderna say that the second shot is worse, so here's hoping it's not for me.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• All vacced up and ready to go (where?)

Have also to give congrats to the people working the health care national system (and grumph.. yes the gov. too) Probably one of the best organized vaccinations programs in the world, if not the best.

Pfizer and only side effect pain in the arm like I have been punched there too

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    Got moderna. Sore arm the next day, like if I had been punched, went away the day after.

Other people I've talked to who have had Moderna say that the second shot is worse, so here's hoping it's not for me.
                    They said that about pfizer too and in my experience it's fake news

Comment

• N35t0r
                      N35t0r commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Like always, bad things often get repeated, while most people don't go around saying 'yeah, my friend got that one and the side effects were just some soreness' unprompted.

• I think this might be behind a paywall. The gist of the article is,

"Jonathan Toews is one of the most successful athletes to ever come out of Winnipeg, a three-time Stanley Cup champion and future Hall-of-Famer who has become synonymous with strength, poise and leadership.

And none of that meant a thing when it came to COVID-19.

Toews, 33, confirmed this week what has been whispered about for months in hockey circles — he's a likely "long-hauler," with lingering symptoms from a February 2020 infection that became so bad he was forced to miss the entire 2021 NHL season.

Fatigue. Lethargy. Heavy limbs he could barely move at times. Shortness of breath. Congestion. Bloating. Struggling just to get out of bed some days.

"I just think it's a lot of things that just piled up, where my body just fell apart," Toews said Wednesday in a two-minute video posted on his Instagram account.

It's the kind of horror story that should send a chill up the spines of everyone, particularly those who believe the entire pandemic is a hoax and the virus is nothing more than a flu that only attacks the weak and elderly.

And, at the risk of sounding like I'm kicking a guy when he's down, it's a story I wish Toews would have gone public with a long time ago..."

This is for the few of you that believe only old people die of it, and probably none of them really died of it, and anyone under 70 that has it basically has a cold.

33 year old world class athlete.
                    MONTREAL — Jonathan Toews is one of the most successful athletes to ever come out of Winnipeg,...
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Berzerker
                      Berzerker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      there's a few people here who believe that?

• ricketyclik
                      ricketyclik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It seems to me - based on anecdotal evidence only - that people who are in a fairly hardcore training regime can often get more severe short term and higher likelihood of long term symptoms from viral infections. I'm thinking of glandular fever and the like. It ties in with something I read a long time ago that said that fat is a very important part of the immune system. I can't remember the details, but it was something to do with metabolic pathways.

That, in turn, reminds me of a meta-study of BMI studies, that found that people in the low end of "overweight", or the high end of "normal" have the longest life expectancies.

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    Sorry, I thought you had returned to Canada. I am not sure what the numbers are like in Mexico.

JMM
                    Canada from what I am seeing is cresting at about 80 percent or so. Not much different from US in that regard. I don´t really see further compliance necessary

Comment

• ricketyclik
                      ricketyclik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Vaccination isn't only about "compliance", although it is an appropriate term when it comes to population protection. There's also a significant dose of self preservation involved.

• Ben Kenobi
                      Ben Kenobi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, I can see the self preservation argument for those over 60. But not for the younger groups, given their stronger immune systems. It is natural that due to the nature of this virus that there would be fewer immunized among younger people.

• I finally got my first shot with BioNTech/Pfizer (or, how its name is: Corminaty (Sounds like a Sherlock Holmes Antagonist ))

I went though it in less than half an hour (including a 15 minutes observation period after the shot), I guess because we have summer holidays and also most people who wanted to get vaccinated might already have gotten their first shot.

No srious side effects so far (although I think the arm starts to itch a little bit now, 6 hours after the vaccination).

Second shot is in 4 weeks from now
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I got my 1st Pfizer shot a couple days ago, feels like a bone bruise without the bruise at the injection site, definitely getting the 2nd in the other arm. She told me 21-42 days for the 2nd is fine. The protection goes way up with the 2nd, about 36% vs symptomatic delta with just 1 (which I was considering) and 88% with the 2nd. Thats worth the 2nd shot I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X