• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment
      Women aren't people in the US.

• Berzerker
      Berzerker commented
      Editing a comment
      good catch...men

• "Covid-only on the death certificate" is a straight-up goofy methodology IMHO - especially if you have your own co-morbidities (immunocompromised, overweight, diabetic, heart condition, tobacco user, cancer, Crohn's, blood pressure issues, etc etc). For one thing, infections don't happen in a vacuum. For another, the study only covers autopsied deaths, whis is roughly 6,000 out of the 150K COVID deaths in the UK. So it's anything but random. And it also depends on all the coroners using the same standards when listing cause of death.

I don't know much about Jimmy Dore; is that the comedian? If so, he's got as much medical credibility as Joe Rogan.

Earlier in the pandemic, John Campbell was praised as a fine, measured, evidence-based educator on Covid issues. But then we hit November:

In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. However, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment. Meaghan Kall, the lead epidemiologist for COVID-19 at the UK Health Security Agency, said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation. Further, Kall said that there was no evidence of ivermectin being used in large numbers in Japan; rather, she said it "appears this was based on anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was used by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that COVID-19 vaccination will cause a wave of heart attacks. According to a FactCheck review, Campbell had in his video drawn attention to the poor quality of the research on which these claims were based, pointing to typos in the abstract, poor methodology, and a lack of clear data.
    But whatever; maybe I'm missing something. Good luck with your research.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      "Covid-only on the death certificate" is a straight-up goofy methodology IMHO - especially if you have your own co-morbidities (immunocompromised, overweight, diabetic, heart condition, tobacco user, cancer, Crohn's, blood pressure issues, etc etc).
      What about the millions of people without comorbidities?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        IMO they should be first in line to all get vaccinated and boosted. All of them.
        This is a public health crisis, and if the public doesn't cooperate, our whole society suffers.
        The vaccines have been out for a year and serious side effects are actually pretty rare. There should be nothing controversial about this.

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        Why? Getting vaccinated wont prevent the spread of covid, Omicron blows right thru the most heavily vaccinated areas

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      I don't know much about Jimmy Dore; is that the comedian? If so, he's got as much medical credibility as Joe Rogan.
      Comedian is a term that really only loosely applies to Jimmy Dore. Here's a video from Shaun on youtube that is a pretty thorough debunking of some of Dore's anti-vaccine claims:

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        can you quote your source? I'd like to see these anti-vax lies

• I've listened to that guy calling Dore a liar and I went thru his video, he's not fair

eg he says Dore was lying because he did a story about covid spreading in Singapore without telling his audience the vaccines reduce severity of infection. The story was not about the severity of covid in vaccinated people, the story was how damn leaky the vaccines were.

yeah, thats important... Thats not a lie. Jimmy Dore doesn't need to end every story by telling us vaccines reduce the damage done by covid.

Your source caught Dore in one possible lie, his editor messed up a story and got fired by Jimmy.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        The selective cherry-picking of text to support his preferred talking points makes it clear that there was deliberate deception in Dore's presentation.

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        his talking point was the vaccine is leaky... and he was right

• Pfizer launched trials for a specific vaccine designed to take on Omicron. I'm too lazy for a link. May bother if those trials turn out successful.
      Blah

Comment

Working...
      X