No announcement yet.

Are you getting a Covid Vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my second dose of Astra Zeneca a couple of days ago. I had no side effects from the second dose. I felt a bit weary for a day after my first jab but no other side effects from that either.

I now feel that I have been a good citizen by making my contribution to herd immunity.

Comment

• I got pfizered a while ago. Had only a bit of pain in the upper arm for some 2-3 days. Still have to get 2nd.

From what I've read sideeffects can be stronger after either the 1st *or* the 2nd, dependng on the tpye of vacc. What do I know
      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        I got pfizered a while ago. Had only a bit of pain in the upper arm for some 2-3 days. Still have to get 2nd.

From what I've read sideeffects can be stronger after either the 1st *or* the 2nd, dependng on the tpye of vacc. What do I know
        From what I've heard, for the mRNA ones, the second dose tends to be the worst, although there's a huge variability and a big percentage of people only experience really mild to no symptoms.

I only had a sore arm (like if i had been punched). Moderna.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I got pfizered a while ago. Had only a bit of pain in the upper arm for some 2-3 days. Still have to get 2nd.

recent study from UK, 8 weeks between Pfizer shots produced best long term immune response

I just got my 1st shot a few days ago, I'd rather get the 2nd asap rather than wait 2 months, but I'll wait if I can

I think delta is spreading because of vaccinated people, the unvaccinated are likely still taking better precautions

A Singapore study of 5m+ people, half were fully vaccinated, 1/4 were partially, and 1/4 unvaccinated, about 500 infections over the last 4 weeks broke down with just under half were fully vaccinated and about 1/4th were unvaccinated. Its like the vaccine didn't do anything to prevent infections, but its better to have the vaccine if you do get infected.

Comment

• There were thousands of people at a demonstration in Sydney today to protest against our current lockdown. They were not wearing masks or keeping at a distance. Australians are t a r d s.

Comment

• Thoth
              Thoth commented
              Editing a comment
              They've been doing that **** here since the start of the pandemic. People are ****ing idiots everywhere.

• Egbert
              Egbert commented
              Editing a comment
              We definitely have a surfeit of loons here in Australia.

• I had my second Moderna shot a little over two weeks ago. No side effects other than a very sore and tender left delt for 3 days afterwards.

No sign of any 5G yet though.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• u should be primed to go

Comment

Should have got Moderna but maybe they didn't give you a choice. A recent Israeli study showed Pfeizer's jab didn't do all that well with certain varients.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post

recent study from UK, 8 weeks between Pfizer shots produced best long term immune response

I just got my 1st shot a few days ago, I'd rather get the 2nd asap rather than wait 2 months, but I'll wait if I can

I think delta is spreading because of vaccinated people, the unvaccinated are likely still taking better precautions

A Singapore study of 5m+ people, half were fully vaccinated, 1/4 were partially, and 1/4 unvaccinated, about 500 infections over the last 4 weeks broke down with just under half were fully vaccinated and about 1/4th were unvaccinated. Its like the vaccine didn't do anything to prevent infections, but its better to have the vaccine if you do get infected.
                  I have also heard that the nasal swab test just tells if a person has been exposed or not. It doesn't tell if they are infected (which most vaccinated people will not become) and even if infected they mostly do not spread the virus unless they are symptomatic.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Thoth
                    Thoth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm impressed. Everything you wrote in this post is completely wrong.

• Elok
                    Elok commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Quoting from that movie is completely wrong. Damnatio Memoriae is the only appropriate response.

• I got my second Pfizer shot the other day. This time I did have symptoms, I got very strong cold shivers like when my enemies see my armies in the horizon aproaching their city. It's really hot in Spain now and yet I had to cover myself with heavy blankets. But now I'm fine and glad that soon Spain will reach heard inmunity.
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Should have got Moderna but maybe they didn't give you a choice. A recent Israeli study showed Pfeizer's jab didn't do all that well with certain varients.
                    I heard that Moderna used 100x the potency of Pfizer. Maybe this is related and Moderna will last longer.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Dr. Anthony Fauci said there seem to be "two kinds of America" as some people remain skeptical of COVID-19 vaccines even in the face of the more severe delta variant.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Could have gone somewhere else for another type, but just went for the vacc. center closest to me /lazy

As for the Israel study, yeah, read this too, tho so far it seems rather weak data, not confirmed by other countries (for example, UK research has different results for Pfizer). If Pfizer turns out to be less effective indeed across the board then oh well
                        Blah

Comment

• A bratwurst as a reward gave the Sonneberg vaccination center in southern Thuringia a real rush for Covid-19 vaccination appointments on Friday.

According to the Association of Medical Examiners of Health Insurance (KV), 250 people came in the afternoon to collect the culinary specialty in addition to the syringe in the upper arm.

Blah

Comment

• BlackCat
                            BlackCat commented
                            Editing a comment
                            bratwurst ohne bier

• Thoth
                            Thoth commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Damnit. Now I feel ripped off. Nobody offered me free bratwurst when I got my shots.

• We're asking every Covid admit whether they got the shot. Most of them didn't. A lot of them die. I could see not getting jabbed if you had absolutely no risk factors--I basically don't, though I did get the J&J--but if you're obese, or diabetic, or have COPD, or whatever, and you don't get the shot for fear of untested technology ... yeah, you're kind of a dumbass. The vaccine would have a hard time killing you uglier than that disease does.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                            -Jrabbit commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No, it does not. Because if we had a national medical records database, Obama and Pelosi would use it to come get our guns.

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            We don't have a national medical data base in Canada. However, our hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, etc, communicate with each other, and, if I am unconscious or unable to talk, appropriate medical facilities can access my records.

• Elok
                            Elok commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't know the legalities of hospitals accessing it, but there is a coordinating database or set thereof; I got my shot at a pharmacy, and the local health department got records of it without my asking or telling. There has to be such a thing, when the government's paying for it; to have no record set at all would be an open invitation to fraud even by US government healthcare standards.
                        Working...
                        X