No announcement yet.

Are you getting a Covid Vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my second shot on friday.......Assimilation complete. Resistance is Futile.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Gotta wonder when Bill Gates will start to activate all those nanobots he added single-handedly to each Covid jab to mindcontrol folks
      Blah

Comment

• Second shot in 2 weeks... Astra Zeneca.
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• HIPAA laws.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• As the Delta variant and probably others are threatening progress in the fight against Covid, mankind's secret weapon is being revealed:

Click image for larger version  Name:	tyson.jpg?itok=36thQ_Yn.jpg Views:	1 Size:	420.5 KB ID:	9422278

https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-in...rus-its-tracks

(ok, it's an older article, but I just read about it recently )
            Blah

Comment

• Is AstraZeneca good? Did anyone take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugarrynad View Post
                Is AstraZeneca good? Did anyone take it?
                I have had my two shots of Astra Zeneca with no side effects.

I am not a medical person and therefore can not comment on how "good" it is.

Comment

• I see, but thanks for an honest take on it. I know no one who took it yet, I may be the first one, that's why.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My first dose was Oxford/AZ. My second Moderna. Both are recommended by the government in Canada, as is mixing doses. Personally, I had no shoulder pain with the AZ, and a mild headache. I had severe shoulder pain for a couple of days, one night of fever/ night sweats from Moderna. First shot in April, second in June, and I'm still alive.

My father got hist first shot with AZ ...
                  the next shot, in 2 weeks, however, will be BioNTech / Pfizer.

Similarly a friend of mine, who also gets a mixed vaccination AZ/BioNTech

According to all I read, a mixed vaccination (AZ / mRNA vaccine) is supposed to be nearly as good as getting 2 shots of an mRNA vaccine.

It is also said, however that, with AZ, the first shot is supposed to be the worst (with regards to side effects),
                  whereas with BioNTech the 2nd shot is supposed to be the worst.

So, in terms of possible side effects, first AZ and then BioNTech probably is the worst case

(I for my part got my first shot with BioNTech and will get my 2nd shot (in 2 weeks) with BioNTech as well)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• The same for both is what I've seen. Mixing is new to me.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Here in Germany they're strongly recommending Pfizer or Moderna as a second shot to all who got AZ as a first shot.

I got my second Moderna shot Thursday evening. Had some light fever/headaches throughout Friday, but nothing some ibuprofen couldn't handle. I did sleep like 2h nap.

Today i woke up fine.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Many of my relatives got it from 30 to 60 years old. No ill effects.

Mixing is supposed to give you the most potent resistance, personally I'm ok with two of the same

Of course there is little care for covid now seeing as the huge junks of Greece is up in flames

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          The same for both is what I've seen. Mixing is new to me.
                          According to studies mixing traditional vaccines with mRNA ones give you the best protection.

That was discovered by accident after people started having problems (even dying) from astrazeneca and din't want to have the 2nd dose. The governments thought the same and so the discovery was made.

Comment

• I was reading something that suggested we might need booster shots from time to time. Perhaps an annual jab to cater to mutations in the virus. That is a "maybe" not a definite thing.

I figure this virus will not be going away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                              I was reading something that suggested we might need booster shots from time to time. Perhaps an annual jab to cater to mutations in the virus. That is a "maybe" not a definite thing.

I figure this virus will not be going away.
                              Yes, in Germany it is already recommended that elder people (i.e. ~60+) should get a Booster Shot 6 months after their first 1-2 vaccination shots.

According to all I read, Booster shots boost the Antibody count in elder people by around 11 times (the count they had before the shot).
                              (less with younger people, but even they will increase their Antibody count by 3 time)
                              So it may be worth it

My guess is, that around fall of this year, they will start giving out Booster shots here in Germany
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X