Racist Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    You're the idiot. What better evidence to dispute your prior assertion than posting rape per capita statistics? I'm sorry it blew your leaky boat out of the water, but don't throw a hissy fit at me because of it.
    FI, his assertion had nothing to do with rape per capita statistics. It was about double standards.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      What numbers are you using? I use the Census from 2010 and I get 37.4 percent.

Taking out the regions that weren't really part of the union:

WA, OR, HI, AK, CA, UT, WY, ID, NV, MT, MN, KA, ND, SD, NE, CO.

Lets see what I get.

49.14 percent. Interesting. Much more even, but the Union still has more people, and has about 4 million more. Wow. NE has lots of people.
      What the hell? California became a state in 1850 and Oregon in 1859. What do you mean they weren't "really a part of the union"?

As for what numbers, I used the 2010 census and the states that actually joined the confederacy. Those would be the "former confederate states".

What really baffles me is why you think people moving from the northeast to California during the 20th century is evidence that the south really won the civil war

Comment

What I mean is that their contribution to the Civil war was minimal because of their lack of population.

Interesting. I'll have to revise that argument after looking up the Civil war populations. CA had 380k in 1860, which is as much as Arkansas.

There's another revision that actually further supports your argument. I'm curious to see if you are smart enough to spot it. A state that is far more influential now than back in 1860.

Looking at the state populations and making an exception for DE and RI, that means that MN (172k) gets tossed out, along with AZ + NM and KA. CA would stay in the Union column. If we don't make an exception for DE and RI, that means that (AZ + NM) and (KA, MN, CA) come back in, plus the other unnamed state.

What really baffles me is why you think people moving from the northeast to California during the 20th century is evidence that the south really won the civil war
        It seems to me that the South didn't make out too badly. Right now all the southern states have at least medium growth over the past 10 years, save LA and MS. It's not just CA that has attracted residents but TX as well. That more and more manufacturing and businesses are moving into the south over the last while is evidence to me that despite the occupation and devastation of the South, that they are turning a corner.
        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 13, 2011, 19:07.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          FI, his assertion had nothing to do with rape per capita statistics. It was about double standards.
          I agree. He talked trash and offered nothing in support except his blind assertion. I posted it in response to that blind assertion.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So you agree with the results of that case?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Y'all do know that the South lost?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I agree. He talked trash and offered nothing in support except his blind assertion. I posted it in response to that blind assertion.
                What blind assertion, exactly? I don't think loinburger claimed Texas was the rape capital of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                  Y'all do know that the South lost?
                  Not Ben, apparently. Somehow not aware of over a decade of military occupation.

Comment

Ben if Texas is in your heart? then you are a Texan.
                    Thanks! I love it down here. Absolutely amazing place to be.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      Though in all fairness to Texans, they'll let you get away with rape if you're a black football star, so love of football trumps racism and morality.
                      Dear DaShi and gribbler,

This is the post which prompted my posting of statistics. Try to keep up.

Sincerely,
                      Sloww
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        Though in all fairness to Texans, they'll let you get away with rape if you're a black football star, so love of football trumps racism and morality.
                        So, my analogy Texas and Canada would be moose fuking and manly hockey humps with Eskimos.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Dear DaShi and gribbler,

Sincerely,
                          Sloww
                          Dear Slowwhand,
                          I don't understand your response. How does posting the total number of rapes in Texas prove that Texans won't let a black football star get away with rape?
                          Sincerely, gribbler

Comment

• Dear Slowwhand, You are so stupid I'm amazed you don't choke to death on your own drool. What do rape statistics have to do with the article I posted and that you obviously haven't read presumably due to illiteracy brought on by Texas's failed school system that Ben will only make worse.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• If you can summarize the article in question I will be frankly amazed.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Dear DaShi and gribbler,

Sincerely,
                                Sloww
                                FI, that is the article that the rest of us are referring to. We are questioning your position because it is a non sequitur or a strawman.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X