No announcement yet.

I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I won't be in the FBI for another 7-8 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis

I'd kill for that. Who does he want me to kill?
      Don't do it

If you're willing to move to DC, I could get your foot in the door of a high-paying consultant job

You'd have to be OK with me being your boss, though
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• hey dis sorry to hear ur news. Id hit up unemployment and take some time off to regroup and figure where you want to work next. As for the question dont lie tell them u were fired the explain in the why box on the app. Wheni got fired from my job it was due to my impending divorce and i had to be in court a lot, I violated their attendance rules and i got fired. It is my experience the ex employer is not able to give out anything but yes he worked here and his last day of enployment. They can not give any personal information to any one with out ur permission. If you want to find out if they are breaking laws call them and act like your from a back ground company and ask bout your self. I know a girl who does it and she has caught numerous companies giving bad notions. She now has a large house and money from these companies. This law is in texas i dont know bout nevada.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• And I got unemplyment benfits cause i didnt do anything wrong. I had to be in court, i let them know when i had to go to court in advance, but i had a lady that would not let any one slide on the rules of the company. In return i got weekly benefits and took some time off and got a better paying job after the fact.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't know you could sue previous employers for that sort of thing. I thought they were allowed to discuss whatever they wanted with folks that used to work there.

That's pretty good advice tho, make sure you take some time off and figure out where you want to go. I didn't really get the sense that you liked your old job Dis.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• And I got unemplyment benfits cause i didnt do anything wrong. I had to be in court, i let them know when i had to go to court in advance, but i had a lady that would not let any one slide on the rules of the company. In return i got weekly benefits and took some time off and got a better paying job after the fact.
              I'm glad that worked out for you in the end. Too bad they couldn't give you a hand when times were tough for you. I'm sure you would have been willing to give them extra time during the week to make up for the court dates.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm undecided if I'll go for unemployment. I was under the impression you couldn't get it at all if you were fired.

Comment

• You can challange it.
                  In most cases you'll win and get unemployment.
                  Little guy vs the evil corporation and all that rot.
                  We had tapes of one of our phone reps cussing out a member and we still lost that one. I can't remember if we ever did win one. But we lost 100s. (this was under illinois labor regulations and may vary)
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Explain the American system to me, please.

If you can't get unemployment benefits, then what? Insurance, if you have it? Some kind of social security check?

What?

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Asmodeon,

You go to a homeless shelter.

Dis,

When you apply for a job admit that you got fired. Tell them because you were arrogant and did things your own way, which is the truth so that's good. All you have to do is convince them that you are humble and obedient now. Definitely do not talk bad about your previous employer that will show that you are still arrogant. If they see that you are humble now they will consider you.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Which is why your country passed from being a global superpower to an also ran whose "leader" is nothing more than a lap dog for even the most moronic of our Presidents.

My, how the mighty have fallen.
                        That's no reflection on its inhabitants. Both of their days are, mercifully, numbered...Blair is a laughing stock whose feeble autocratic grip on power seems to be waning and Bush, well, he's a lame duck who's well and truly on the way out. I think both of our societies have suffered as a result...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                          I need more advice.

There was one woman who was instrumental (though I'm not sure how much- in the end it was me who got myself fired) in turning management against me. She was friends with both of my bosses. And has gotten other people fired, and caused severl people to quit. In short, she's a ****. She disliked me and ratted me out every opportunity she had. The funny thing is we used to be friends (I've mentioned her on here before).

I have dirt on her that may get her fired. Though with her connections she may not get fired. She was overpaid on her paycheck last year, and she's been lying on her sick days and other expenses for over a year that I know of. Should I write a letter to a couple big wigs and drop it off tomorrow? I have to pick up my final check tomorrow, I'm thinking about this.

I know it's not cool to **** with a person's livelihood, but she did it to me.

Possible rammifications are if my bosses know a lot of people, and I am going for a job in the same field, they may talk. My field is large, but word could possibly get around.
                          If someone f**ks with you Dis, f**k 'em right back if you can. Revenge is sweet and she may learn a lesson
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

If someone f**ks with you Dis, f**k 'em right back if you can. Revenge is sweet and she may learn a lesson
                            Of course if he does that, and she thinks it was him and has any connections to his future employers, she could f**k him right back.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• There are a lot of employers out there
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• there is nothing worse than a rotton snitch...

TRUST me... its a BAD idea.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X