I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiamat
    AWWWwwwww **Tia hugs Dis** my little schmoooopie poooooooopie that really sucks!

In a way Zkrib is right just don't be quite so blunt about it. Something like well there were several reasons for example they wanted me to switch shifts which didn't work with my schedule at the time and in retrospect I feel that I might have become a bit complacent. Admiting to some faults is good it humanizes you however, you also want to have the good things shine as well.

Sloww is right to. Many applications ask if it's ok to contact employer, it's perfectly understandable to put no if one is still considered an employee. They don't need to know your gone
    thanks for the hug. You have my next vote for HOF.

Comment

Dis, although i understand your situation... and support you 100%...

nobody likes a snitch. it dosent matter what the situation, snitching is a BIG no-no..
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

No, Dis, no. You aren't well-served by acting like a little b*tch denied her candy. If you think you have a case for wrongful dismissal, save any dirty you have for court.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I believe every state in the U.S. is an at-will state.

But even if good cause were required, he wasn't following his bosses' directives. That's pretty good cause.

His only recourse would be if there's a labor contract or a personel manual with provides for progressive discipline. Then he can claim he should have been reprimanded, or written up, maybe even suspended...but instead management jumped right away to the ultimate sanction.
          the thing is, I was written up the same day I was fired. I think I was tricked into this. My lower boss had me sign the write up (and I provided a long written statement), soon as that was done, my upper boss came in and fired me.

Comment

ratters
            women are tricksy like that.
            i would get back at her but i'm not advising you either way.

Comment

You're FBI b, you should know better than to say that.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

the thing is, I was written up the same day I was fired. I think I was tricked into this. My lower boss had me sign the write up (and I provided a long written statement), soon as that was done, my upper boss came in and fired me.
                Glad you're back, Dis. I assume you took a day to drink, sleep, and recover. Good on you.

Yup, they wanted you gone. You made it easy for them, but it would have happened regardless. What you'll need to do is to determine who within that organization is willing to be a positive reference for you.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

But I didn't advise him either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Me and Dauphin have been in similar positions before, and although it is easy to think that we must have done something to precipitate the dismissal, we really didn't. So I can feel for Dis, especially if someone basically just has it in for him. Sounded a ****ty job anyway from his description - no holidays...
                    yeah it wasn't a great job. I miss the people. But I'm still going to work out with my friends from my job- my old job- tonight. I can still see them, and not have to work a crappy job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will9
                      Sorry to hear about this, Dis.

See if Solver can get you job testing Beyond the Sword.
                      I'd kill for that. Who does he want me to kill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Sadly, MtG is right...
                        Sadly for him, because a dick backs MtG up doesn't mean its true...

I think we all know why 'Great Britain' isn't great anymore, and it's got nothing to do with my still trying to figure out what to do with all my holidays or the fact that I get up at 8am in the for work and am home by about 5:20pm...
                        Last edited by MOBIUS; March 29, 2007, 04:58.
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• MtG's life must be a dismal existence...

All I ever see him post is about WORK, WORK, WORK - all the hours god sends...

Otherwise he's posting here!

What a loser!

Comment

• still can't believe it happenned. It's like it's not real.

I was the best tech they had, how could they do this? They mainly did not like my attitude. Which admittedly, has gone downhill. But no worse than any of the other techs. I feel they were holding me to a higher standard than everyone else.

This is so frustrating. Even though I kind of did want to get another job. And I'm kind of looking forward to doing something else. It seems like I get bored of all my jobs after a couple of years.

I kind of want to start looking now, but I also want to wait and slack off for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

Sadly for him, because a dick backs MtG up doesn't mean its true...

I think we all know why 'Great Britain' isn't great anymore, and it's got nothing to do with my still trying to figure out what to do with all my holidays or the fact that I get up at 8am in the for work and am home by about 5:20pm...
                              I don't know why.

Originally posted by Dis
                              still can't believe it happenned. It's like it's not real.

I was the best tech they had, how could they do this? They mainly did not like my attitude. Which admittedly, has gone downhill. But no worse than any of the other techs. I feel they were holding me to a higher standard than everyone else.

This is so frustrating. Even though I kind of did want to get another job. And I'm kind of looking forward to doing something else. It seems like I get bored of all my jobs after a couple of years.

I kind of want to start looking now, but I also want to wait and slack off for a while.
                              If you're amazing, they expect you to be even more amazing.
                              Slack off for a while, but not too long or you'll become used to that and not want to do anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor
                                I don't know why.
                                I'm sure it's in the FBI files somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X