I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dis
    I'm undecided if I'll go for unemployment. I was under the impression you couldn't get it at all if you were fired.
    Unless you were fired for criminal misconduct or you quit then you can get unemployment. The amount depends on how long you've worked, how much you were making, and how long it has been since you were unemployed last. In California they cap it at $1800 per month which sucks but is better then nothing.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor
      Since forever. They generally don't want the public to be informed of their mad skillz tho. So shhhh.
      This is true. Rumors have been circulating for decades about J. Edgar Hoover, dressed in black pajamas and running around Washington D.C.

Comment

• And here i thought it was all bout their insane reasons and people go figure
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• b etor is a ninja with purple pajamas

Comment

• What's a pajama?
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• ninja clothes, silly!

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ
                i have been snitched on MANY times in my life... NOTHING pissed me off more than that did.

Dont do it Dis. its not worth it...
                yes she snitched on me. That's why I'm pissed.

eye for an eye, or something like that. She was a person who was instrumental turning my bosses against me.

She was friends with both of my bosses, which I think is inappropiate. But I had no control over that.

Comment

• Originally posted by b etor
                  Or hire a ninja to get her!
                  I'll hire B etor to get at her.

I think we can get her on something. She's done the lesbian sex thing. So I think we can get her on Dateline with half the rest of Apolyton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                    Dis,

When you apply for a job admit that you got fired. Tell them because you were arrogant and did things your own way, which is the truth so that's good. All you have to do is convince them that you are humble and obedient now. Definitely do not talk bad about your previous employer that will show that you are still arrogant. If they see that you are humble now they will consider you.
                    And bring attention to an honourable discharge from the Navy (or whatever they call it).

You know how to take orders and follow a system, but you ****ed up and know it.

Word that last bit better.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• no way! I swear like a sailor.

actually I don't swear much. People at work are surprised when I swear.

Comment

• Don't go after her Dis....what goes around comes around it would only make you look less of a man, besides it's bad karma.
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
                          I think we can get her on something. She's done the lesbian sex thing. So I think we can get her on Dateline with half the rest of Apolyton.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon

Of course if he does that, and she thinks it was him and has any connections to his future employers, she could f**k him right back.
                            That's why he doesn't do anything, for now.

If he's smart he takes a break. Does some volunteer work (that is very good from the new employer's POV: 'yeah, I took some time off to reflect and found that helping starving children on the Strip is a positive experience'). Then he gets a new job.

Once he has a new job and is settled in he reflects on the past. Is he still upset about this person? If no, bonus. Move on. If yes, then he crafts a letter that asks someone in responsibility if they are interested in knowing that an employee has been dishonest with the firm over payroll and benefits. If interested, see attachment.

Attachment details dishonesty.

Letter with attachment is send with no return address or other identifying information in 6 months. A copy is sent to principle(s) of the company as well as head of HR, general manager, CFO, CEO, and maybe the janitor. The letter contains the cc info so everyone knows who got the letter.

She's toast in 5 seconds. Nobody in management is going to hesitate a second if they know the owners of the firm got copies, even if they did sleep with her. Especially delicious is that she might take them along for the ride. A real two-fer, or more...

But botom line is that revenge is a dish best served cold, and once comfortably employed. It tastes better that way.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• starving children on the strip. that just sounds funny. I hope there are no children on the strip. It's not a good environment to be around all those hookers. Yeah prostitution is illegal, but that doesn't stop them.

I think that is good advice. I wasn't planning on going to my immediate bosses anyways. She is friends with them. It would be in the form of a letter to the higher ups. I will wait on this. I was going to do it when I pick up my check. But I won't do this...yet. I may never do it, but it's something I'll keep in mind.

For now I'll focus on more important things. Like the babe thread.

Comment

• You dumb ass! You should have gotten fired in November before we go to the Phils. Bad planning!
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X