I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was fired today

I was debating whether to tell you guys this. I'm really embarrassed. I have never been fired before. I feel like such a loser.

I'm still not exactly sure why I was fired, other than the fact the bosses don't like me. They used to love me. They say I changed, perhaps I did. I got fired for not doing things the way they wanted. I got cocky, and thought I couldn't get fired, and did things the way I wanted. The job got done, so I never understood why they were so upset with me. The job got done, even though I didn't do it the way they wanted. But I got cocky, and didn't listen to authority. Another reason is they asked me to work a different shift, and I refused. They were upset at this.

It's times like these, I realize why people go into their own business. I hate bosses.

mother****er I'm pissed. It happened a few hours ago. It's finally started to sink in. And to think, I was thinking about buying a new car today. I'm very glad I didn't.

I'm not sure what to do now. I feel so lost. Never been fired. What will I say in my next interview? How bad does it look getting fired?

and what will I do with all this free time? post in the babe thread I guess. . I'm not sure what I'll do. I may take a couple months off. I need a break from work anyways.

:hug:
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

the funny thing is I always considered myself overqualifed for my job. And this made me arrogant.

Comment

Say you still work there; and no, it's not ok to contact your present employer.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Say you still work there; and no, it's not ok to contact your present employer.
          Here's a way to not get hired.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sorry dis
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Who answers the phone? Get them to take a message and say you'll return the call. I've done that.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Dis.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

If you genuinely did nothing to get fired, look into wrongful dismissal suits. Use your time off to look up state laws and see what you got.

Comment

He just said his cocky attitude and not doing as he was told got him fired, Asher. You numbnuts.

Comment

That was my thought. It seems hes come to grips with why he was fired. Do the job your boss tells you to do, not the one you think should be done.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Sorry Dis . Hopefully you get back on your feet soon.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          He just said his cocky attitude and not doing as he was told got him fired, Asher. You numbnuts.
                          Your cocky attitude is going to get you FIRED from your MENIAL LABOUR JOB, captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            the funny thing is I always considered myself overqualifed for my job. And this made me arrogant.
                            This is what you say at your next interview ^

"The job always got done, but I got cocky and arrogant. I thought I was too valuable to fire. I did the job the way I wanted to do it, not the way my bosses wanted. So they canned me. They were right; I was wrong. I've learned my lesson."

The 1st phrase is really important. Bosses want the job done.
                            The last phrase is really important. Everyone has screwed up at one time or another but the question in your next boss's head will be: Will he cause problems for me?

Comment

Manuel labor?

Comment

Working...
                              X