No announcement yet.

I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear this Diss, it sucks. Just think of it as a chance to get a better job.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Jrabbit as well....good point take a little time off to regroup as well as just have some good ol' fun!
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          If you genuinely did nothing to get fired, look into wrongful dismissal suits. Use your time off to look up state laws and see what you got.
          Is Nevada an at will state? If so then they can fire anyone for any reason except under certain very specific cases; I.E. because of sex, race, religion, or national origin.

Comment

When you work, you have money and little time.
            Not working, lots of time and no money. Sucks.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Texas is a hire and fire at will state to. It's just finding the tactful way to explain it without looking like a twit.
              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                When you work, you have money and little time.
                Not working, lots of time and no money. Sucks.
                That is why owning many properties, and living of the rent people pay you for letting them use your properties, rocks
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Is Nevada an at will state? If so then they can fire anyone for any reason except under certain very specific cases; I.E. because of sex, race, religion, or national origin.
                  What about just plain not liking you?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Is Nevada an at will state?
                    I believe every state in the U.S. is an at-will state.

But even if good cause were required, he wasn't following his bosses' directives. That's pretty good cause.

His only recourse would be if there's a labor contract or a personel manual with provides for progressive discipline. Then he can claim he should have been reprimanded, or written up, maybe even suspended...but instead management jumped right away to the ultimate sanction.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

What about just plain not liking you?
                      Literally any reason other then the handful of protected reasons (race, sex, religion, or national origin) are free game. Certain states, like California, have added sexual orientation to that list but to my knowledge only progressive (read Democratic leaning) states have done so. There are a handful of non-at will state, mostly in the old union rust belt, but they are a minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
                        That is why owning many properties, and living of the rent people pay you for letting them use your properties, rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Q F T

I allways check ex employers, although I wait until last employer until we are ready to close the deal.

Thats a deal breaker

A must have

GT
                          Good way to get sued, at least in California. If someone says don't contact current employer, you ignore them and contact the current employer, and the current employer does something detrimental to the employee you can be held for damages. True fact.

Comment

Oh, and Sloww is wrong. If your next employment is something you really want and not just a McJob, don't lie to them. It will come back to haunt you. Or keep you from getting the gig.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sorry to hear it, Dis
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Good way to get sued, at least in California. If someone says don't contact current employer, you ignore them and contact the current employer, and the current employer does something detrimental to the employee you can be held for damages. True fact.
                                But GT would be perfectly within his rights to not hire someone who refused to grant permission wouldn't he?

Comment

Working...
                                X