No announcement yet.

I was fired today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was from last Saturday. Las Vegas is still a good place to find work. Good luck.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Many times, these kind of things are blessings in disguise. I
      Yeah, I remember getting the boot from Novartis in Grimsby, very much in the manner MtG describes. Talk about a blessing in disguise
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bad stuff, but if you acted as you do here, welll ...

Tried it once but a bit different - 200 others were fired too so it was kind of nonpersonal.

Don't mention the "I know better" part, but say that you had problems with new shifts and find a job without

Good luck finding a new job (if you lived here, you were forced into a new in few days - companies are on their knees for workers)
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Dis. Be sure to take a good break so you can get over it and enjoy life in the meanwhile. Remember that this isn't the end of all life .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Bad stuff, but if you acted as you do here, welll ...
            Me and Dauphin have been in similar positions before, and although it is easy to think that we must have done something to precipitate the dismissal, we really didn't. So I can feel for Dis, especially if someone basically just has it in for him. Sounded a ****ty job anyway from his description - no holidays...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sorry to hear about this, Dis.

See if Solver can get you job testing Beyond the Sword.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Me and Dauphin have been in similar positions before, and although it is easy to think that we must have done something to precipitate the dismissal, we really didn't. So I can feel for Dis, especially if someone basically just has it in for him. Sounded a ****ty job anyway from his description - no holidays...

I think that I put a in my comment - meaning that I don't think that Dis behaves worse or for that matter better than anyone else here.

Why he was fired ? Well, I have no idea, but he has himself given some reasons that may not be the real ones in the end.

As said, I have only experienced a mass firing, so I don't know how a "personal reasoned" firing will feel - quite bad , I think.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I don't mean to attack there, I've just been in a similar situation to Dis in the past myself and it is easy for people to assume that you must have done something to bring it on yourself, when quite often it isn't the case...I've seen how bad a bad employer can be...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    I don't mean to attack there, I've just been in a similar situation to Dis in the past myself and it is easy for people to assume that you must have done something to bring it on yourself, when quite often it isn't the case...I've seen how bad a bad employer can be...
                    No attack felt, well, maybe a little, but without, any discussion would be a bit dull

I have argued with my superiors since I was 18 and got my first job, and haven't felt any threat about being fired - quite contrary.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Dis. Good luck!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You Americans should get a proper job with 37 days holiday a year and a 35 hour week, with a pleasant 20 minute 'commute' walking through the local park past the castle...

Work smarter, not harder...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                          You Americans should get a proper job with 37 days holiday a year and a 35 hour week, with a pleasant 20 minute 'commute' walking through the local park past the castle...

Work smarter, not harder...
                          Which is why your country passed from being a global superpower to an also ran whose "leader" is nothing more than a lap dog for even the most moronic of our Presidents.

My, how the mighty have fallen.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Sadly, MtG is right...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm supposed to be working right now. It feels weird.

In some ways I was arrogant. And I can't see them getting buy without me. Serious. I could do the work of 2 people. I'm sure they can get buy without me, but it will require more overtime from the others. oh well.

It just doesn't seem real. It's different when you are fired. I've quit several jobs. Though when I got out of the navy, it felt weird. It felt weird knowing I'd never step foot on a naval vessel again.

Comment

I need more advice.

There was one woman who was instrumental (though I'm not sure how much- in the end it was me who got myself fired) in turning management against me. She was friends with both of my bosses. And has gotten other people fired, and caused severl people to quit. In short, she's a ****. She disliked me and ratted me out every opportunity she had. The funny thing is we used to be friends (I've mentioned her on here before).

I have dirt on her that may get her fired. Though with her connections she may not get fired. She was overpaid on her paycheck last year, and she's been lying on her sick days and other expenses for over a year that I know of. Should I write a letter to a couple big wigs and drop it off tomorrow? I have to pick up my final check tomorrow, I'm thinking about this.

I know it's not cool to **** with a person's livelihood, but she did it to me.

Possible rammifications are if my bosses know a lot of people, and I am going for a job in the same field, they may talk. My field is large, but word could possibly get around.

Comment

Working...
                                X