Not signing the Kyoto treaty is one of the few things Bush did right. I'm kind of leaning his way on the European (nee International) Criminal Court.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
-
Mostly Canadian trade policy.Originally posted by Sir Ralph
What is this thread about?
Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.
Comment
-
I can see you guys not going for the International court thingy ( seeing how often and how much you like 'travelling' abroad.Originally posted by Oerdin
Not signing the Kyoto treaty is one of the few things Bush did right. I'm kind of leaning his way on the European (nee International) Criminal Court.
), not on Kyoto though.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God? - Epicurus
Comment
-
And I never said Bush should of signed it as-is. He should have negotiated and worked with the other countries involved. Years had been spent on the Kyoto Treaty, and Bush just tossed those years aside. He didn't try to work with other countries on it, he just summarily dismissed the entire basic concept of such a treaty and left the negotiation table.Originally posted by Oerdin
Not signing the Kyoto treaty is one of the few things Bush did right. I'm kind of leaning his way on the European (nee International) Criminal Court.
That's a horrible foreign policy, which was repeated with the ICC.
-Drachasor"If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama
Comment
-
Kyoto exempts nearly the entire world expect the West plus Japan & Korea. Latin America, Africa, and most of Asia get a free ride. All Kyoto will do is move manufacturing jobs from restricted countries to unrestricted countries without actually lessing the amount of pollution which is produced.Originally posted by alva
I can see you guys not going for the International court thingy ( seeing how often and how much you like 'travelling' abroad.
), not on Kyoto though.
I don't know about you but if I'm going to destroy my country's highest paying jobs then I want to make sure it's actually helping to solve the pollution problem. Kyoto doesn't do that.Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.
Comment
-
The first polls (other then New Hampshire's strange midnight polls) are just beginning to open on the East Coast. In three hours the west coast will open.Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.
Comment
-
I think 9pm but there are numerous time zones between the east coast and hawaii.Originally posted by Atahualpa
At which time (GMT) do polling stations close?Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.
Comment
-
Top reasons to vote for Kerry:
1. DC needs a sudden influx of Iraqi restaurants. Viet Namese cuisine has gotten so boring. Can't wait to see what Kurdish cuisine is like.
2. Fahrenheit 9/11 likely to go out of circulation
3. Kerry-Sharon meetings
4. The reaction of the Lord God Putin
5. North Korea's reaction, whichever way they spin it.
6. Army and CIA having to put up or shut up, instead of griping about neo cons.
7. McCain in 2008
Top reasons to vote for Bush
1. Hilary in 2008
2. Make the French and German govts figure out how to live with 4 more years of Bush
3. More late night TV jokes about malapropisms
4. Did I forget to say, Hilary in 2008?"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber
Comment
-
It varies by state. Even in the eastern time zone, some states close as early as 7PM EST, (i think one or two close at 6PM) while New York doesnt close till 9PM EST. Then youve got the central and western states.Originally posted by Atahualpa
At which time (GMT) do polling stations close?"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber
Comment
Comment