Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Drachasor
    Spiffor, there would have to be one third party that got 5% of the vote. They can't get 5% all-together. So yeah, it isn't going to happen.
    Well, Nader had more than 3% in 2000 IIRC. If several left-wing parties agreed to build a "third-party" coalition (similar to the one in Canada), the emergence of a 5% Third Party could happen in the future.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drachasor
      Sometimes it happens to be true, and sometimes it is completely false.

      -Drachasor
      Thank you.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

      Comment


      • Rudy Giuliani just said the same thing happened to him in NYC in 1989 -- machines were found pre-loaded with hundreds of votes for Dinkins.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Harry Tuttle

          You have to be informed to protect your rights.

          I agree with this, but you won't ever see me become a snobbish elitist in regards to the principle of right to vote.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Mad Monk
            Rudy Giuliani just said the same thing happened to him in NYC in 1989 -- machines were found pre-loaded with hundreds of votes for Dinkins.
            Awww, poor Rudy- of course that doesn't change the fact he lost in 1989- what a Sore Loserman
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Harry Tuttle


              Yeah, I can see how that can be a sad thing, but really, I have no feelings for this woman. This is the most publicized election in history, there have been numerous notices of the deadline, and it even says when you have to turn in the registration on the actual registration card.

              It's unfortunate she can't vote, but it's all her own fault. You have to be informed to protect your rights.
              Yes, voting should be harder than getting a gun, or a car registered! I mean, what if everyone voted!? Think of the disaster that would bring down upon us
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

              Comment


              • Yeah, I guess cheaters sometimes do prosper, as Dinkins demonstrated so well -- at least until the rematch.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                Comment




                • Stop hating America, you repug!
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                  Comment


                  • You see, Rudy learned from that little experience, and recruited thousands of poll-watchers.

                    That time, the rematch. they caught the pre-loaded machines, the misdirecting officials, the busloads of voters coming in to vote under the names of the dead.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                    Comment


                    • yet again.

                      We all know republicans hate people voting- just give it up already
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GePap
                        yet again.

                        We all know republicans hate people voting- just give it up already
                        Just the dumb ones, who can't fill out a simple form.

                        Comment


                        • I hate people voting multiple times, which kills my vote just as effectively as if I had been turned away from the polls -- more effectively, really, since if I had been turned away, I could appeal to a judge, make a noise, say "SEE! SEE HOW I HAVE BEEN DISENFRANCHISED!", and complain loudly to the media.

                          There is no appeal that will save my ballot from the dead.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Drachasor


                            I found your story more sad and unfortunate. There is no joy in someone thinking they have registered and then finding out they aren't.

                            -Drachasor
                            The guy in front of me wasn't allowed to vote at our polling station. The workers simply called the courthouse and directed the gentleman to another one across town. Strangely now that I think about he actually looks like the guy that was registering the same day I did just a couple weeks ago. This is a small town so it is possible.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Harry Tuttle


                              Just the dumb ones, who can't fill out a simple form.
                              You forgot:

                              In time, a month ahead of schedule, as opposed to being able to fill it out that day.

                              By the way, did that woman not have the right to a provisional ballot, intituted in 2002, that would allow her to vote, but that would hold that vote up to scrutiny to see if it was actually valid? or an affidavit ballot?
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sprayber
                                The guy in front of me wasn't allowed to vote at our polling station. The workers simply called the courthouse and directed the gentleman to another one across town. Strangely now that I think about he actually looks like the guy that was registering the same day I did just a couple weeks ago. This is a small town so it is possible.
                                I just heard of something like this happening in Columbus, Ohio. They were redirected from somewhere they had voted for a decade.

                                Odd.

                                Maybe there was redistricting or something.

                                -Drachasor
                                "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X