Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, the Redskins and height say Kerry will win, at least the popular vote- as does very high voter turnout.

    Labor day says Bush will win.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

    Comment


    • If Virginia went for Kerry (which I, living there, strongly doubt), it would make my day. Correction: my life.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

      Comment


      • I strongly doubt it too. Virginia has gone Republican forever, even when the candidate was getting his pants beat off nationwide.

        But there's always a first time!
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

        Comment


        • By the way, I have an important question.

          Which smilies are most likely to intimidate American Apolytoners who have not yet voted today? If we can agree on which ones intimidate, then perhaps we can refrain from using them until all polls close tonight.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

          Comment


          • So you think this nation is split by the election?

            Check out my front yard:
            Attached Files
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

            When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

            Comment


            • Ozzy
              To us, it is the BEAST.

              Comment


              • We don't have a private ballot here. They write down the number of the ballot next to our name where we sign. I am very sure I don't like this.


                Probably because of what happened last time you dolts in Florida tried to vote in a Presidential election .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                Comment


                • /me wonders how many rainforests have been cut for this election alone.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

                  Comment


                  • Alaa of Messopotamian
                    "
                    Hi,

                    So tomorrow is the big day. For us the Iraqis, naturally, there has never been an American election of greater interest and importance. Well, I think that I have made my own views quite clear, and I still think the same. I have nothing personally against either the Democrats or Senator Kerry. I am not sufficiently well informed about the internal political situation in the U.S., so my own sentiments are naturally influenced by the situation in our country and the future course of the War on Terror and the conflict that is ongoing here. I am convinced that all pro-democracy forces in Iraq as well as all those defying murder and terror and bravely going on with their lives despite the nightmare; All these have quite a definite idea: It is better and more prudent that President Bush is re-elected. However, this is something which the American voter will soon decide. So whatever is the outcome, we wish the U.S. people well and hope that they decide wisely.

                    Alaa"

                    Well Alaa, i hope you can cook. On the other hand waiting table isnt so bad.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

                    Comment


                    • Yes, Bush so damned popular in Iraq- just look at the number I believe you yourself posted
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                      Comment


                      • This is a funny NY Times article about Iraqi opinion...

                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

                        Comment


                        • the numbers were for the US, not for Bush personally.

                          In any case i didnt say Alaa was typical. His outspokenness against the insurgents certainly would put him high on the list of refugees when they take over.

                          I suspect that many whose views of the US are negative still want us to stay in Iraq. Many among the Shiites who do not, probably think they can handle the Sunni Arabs in Fallujah themselves. Certainly some shiite tribal leaders were recently quoted to that effect. I think they are mistaken.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

                          Comment


                          • ok, two iraqis are debating which is freer, Baghdad under Allawi, or Fallujah under the insurgents.

                            Ahmed, from Baghdad, says that its freer in Baghdad. I can go up to a reporter and tell them I want Kerry, and i hate Bush.
                            Mahmud in Fallujah says - its just as free in Fallujah - I too can go up to a reporter and tell them I want Kerry, and I hate Bush.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Drachasor
                              Nice report from the rumor-mongering Drudge report.

                              It is quite possible it isn't true at all.

                              -Drachasor
                              The real media would be all over this if it were true. So far not a word.

                              I remember reading a study that concluded nearly half of the things reported by Drudge turned out to be false, misleading, or mistakes. That's not the type of place I would trust for news.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                              Comment


                              • I just got back from voting and the lines weren't so long. It could be because I showed up at 10:20 am and not the lunch or after work rush periods but I'm not sure. I do know the city allows people to vote at any polling station reguardless of where you live so I suspect the majority of people are voting close to where they work plus the city has one of the highest number of polling stations per capita of any major city in America. That helps to keep lines down.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X