Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legal action is a definite.

    Before voting even began in Philladelphia -- poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout downtown... One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8... pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500... A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day... INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa.; INCIDENT: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa... Developing...
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

    Comment


    • Nice report from the rumor-mongering Drudge report.

      It is quite possible it isn't true at all.

      -Drachasor
      "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

      Comment


      • Oooooh! Voting story!

        This proves that life favors the intelligent.

        I was waiting in line at the polls this morning, pondering how in a Democracy my vote counts as much as the idiot next to me, when a disenfranchised, would-be voter storms out!

        She's about 50 pounds overweight, has not showered yet, is missing a tooth, and is wearing a ripped, faded, and torn Eminem t-shirt. She walks by and loudly exclaims in a twangy accent: "Why the hell won't they let me vote? I just registered last week!"

        ...and at that moment all I could think was God Bless America.



        (For those not in the know the dealine for registering has long since passed."

        Comment


        • I find your comments disturbing, Tuttle.

          -Drachasor
          "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drachasor
            I find your comments disturbing, Tuttle.

            -Drachasor
            Disturbing, yes.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drachasor
              Nice report from the rumor-mongering Drudge report.

              It is quite possible it isn't true at all.

              -Drachasor
              I know, I can't believe the Michael Moore trash Drudge links.
              "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
              I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
              --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drachasor
                Nice report from the rumor-mongering Drudge report.

                It is quite possible it isn't true at all.

                -Drachasor
                But what if it is?

                Note it doesn't say who the votes were for.

                I do have a guess, though, and by your protest I suspect you have the same guess.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dojoboy
                  I know, I can't believe the Michael Moore trash Drudge links.
                  Don't bring the Strawman of Michael Moore into this (I don't even like the fellow).

                  The Drudge report is well-known to have no journalistic integrity because it relies on rumor and even speculation.

                  If you contact him and said Ohio had similar problems in this area, that area, and another area, then the Drudge report would just post it up there without any fact checking.

                  What it says simply isn't reliable. Sometimes it happens to be true, and sometimes it is completely false.

                  -Drachasor
                  "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The Mad Monk


                    But what if it is?

                    Note it doesn't say who the votes were for.

                    I do have a guess, though, and by your protest I suspect you have the same guess.
                    Ah, yes, Republicans- everyone needs a gun, but no one should dare vote- the real path to democracy!
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      But what if it is?

                      Note it doesn't say who the votes were for.

                      I do have a guess, though, and by your protest I suspect you have the same guess.
                      No, I just don't trust the drudge report.

                      For all we know someone saw those votes before they were cleared from a previous election.

                      Drudge has no journalistic integrity, and you can't count on anything said to be true there.

                      -Drachasor
                      "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                      Comment


                      • Q^3:
                        About third parties getting 5%, I don't see it coming at all, because the election is extremely polarized. Bush is a "love him or hate him" Personality. As such, a great many people on the left will vote for "Anyone But Bush", i.e Kerry.

                        As such, Nader won't be able to capitalize from the press attention he got 4 years ago. I expect Nader to fare far worse than in 2000.

                        The Libs will suffer from similar problems: many Libs-at-heart will hesitate between voting for their Third Party, or for the main candidate that is the less terrible in their opinion. This "wasted vote effect" will probably affect Badnarik less than Nader, but Badnarik relies on a lower voter base anyway, which partly comes from the very limited press he gets.

                        I think this election shows no chance for third parties to get 5% (I'd have voted third party if I had been an American citizen, however). Third parties may have their chance in an election where the incumbent is not as controversial as Bush.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

                        Comment


                        • Weak, GePap, weak.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                            Disturbing, yes.
                            I found your story more sad and unfortunate. There is no joy in someone thinking they have registered and then finding out they aren't.

                            -Drachasor
                            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                            Comment


                            • Spiffor, there would have to be one third party that got 5% of the vote. They can't get 5% all-together. So yeah, it isn't going to happen.

                              -Drachasor
                              "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Drachasor


                                I found your story more sad and unfortuneate. There is no joy in someone thinking they have registered and then finding out they aren't.

                                -Drachasor
                                Yeah, I can see how that can be a sad thing, but really, I have no feelings for this woman. This is the most publicized election in history, there have been numerous notices of the deadline, and it even says when you have to turn in the registration on the actual registration card.

                                It's unfortunate she can't vote, but it's all her own fault. You have to be informed to protect your rights.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X