No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't bother, Ben. You're back on the ignore list for at least another week due to the immense stupidity and intentional dishonesty of your posts in such a short period of time. It tripped my breaker.

I notice you didn't accuse me of 'intentional dishonesty' when I pointed out that Datsyuk has only been an even player so far in the playoffs. You simply avoided addressing that point at all.

I guess that's because it destroys your argument.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• "Don't bother" doesn't mean keep posting consecutively.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I'm not allowed to laugh at you for turning your tail and hiding? I don't blame you. It's a great way to avoid losing arguments.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Wow. Great game. Thanks, Khabi.

Just once, the Hawks need to score first.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Wow. Great game. Thanks, Khabi.

Just once, the Hawks need to score first.
            They're lucky they got out of that game alive. The Canucks outshot them roughly 83 to 1 and the Canucks lineup was stacked with potential Hart, Selke, and Norris trophy winners. It was a slaughter but the Hawks won only with luck.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Must have caught some hometown officiating, I guess. How many Canuck scores were disallowed tonight, 5 or 6?

BTW, I'd be interested in hearing a qualified opinion on whether Bolland should have gotten a penalty shot in the final 12 seconds of regulation. No penalty was called.

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I didn't see it, so you'll have to settle with Ben's opinion for now.

A general rule is it seems to be random when it's a penalty vs penalty shot.

Comment

• It was neither, so I expect it's the right call. Vid posted.

Comment

• IMO, no penalty should've been called at either end of the ice in that video.

Comment

• Agreed; his stick was on the puck. The Hawk in question waited to long to shoot.

Christ, if the Wings blow this game, I'm opening up my wrists.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• BTW, I'd be interested in hearing a qualified opinion on whether Bolland should have gotten a penalty shot in the final 12 seconds of regulation. No penalty was called.
                        Nope. Edler did the right thing and poke checked the stick preventing the shot. Didn't interfere with the shooter or trip him.

Gave me a heart attack for sure, but no penalty shot on the play.

Oh, and JRabbit, where did I complain about the officiating? It was nice that they finally let everybody play, and I thought the one call against Chicago was weak.

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            Nope. Edler did the right thing and poke checked the stick preventing the shot. Didn't interfere with the shooter or trip him.

Gave me a heart attack for sure, but no penalty shot on the play.

Oh, and JRabbit, where did I complain about the officiating? It was nice that they finally let everybody play, and I thought the one call against Chicago was weak.
                            Where did I say you complained?

I was just searching for a reasonable explanation for how the Hawks could've won when being so thoroughly outplayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              [action=Asher]gag[/action]

28 is "just over 20"?

You're a pathological dishonest liar. Sorry, -Jrabbit. It's true, though. Christ. He has no shame.

Hawks shots: 28
                              Canucks shots: 15

Now consider those numbers when reading this comment:

You are delusional.
                              This is ****ing hilarious.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The no penalty call was right. But a Canucks player did take a dive in the Haws' zone
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X