No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be very, very happy to be wrong about my pick, Asher. I'm definitely pulling for Iggy & Co.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I picked Chicago too.

I think the Flames are icing the most expensive team in the league though. They played a line short for the last few games of the regular season. Now the salary cap doesn't exist, so they called up like 8 guys...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Don't they have to pay a penalty for this next year?

8x the league minimum would be fair. What would that be? About 2.5 million short on the cap?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Don't they have to pay a penalty for this next year?

8x the league minimum would be fair. What would that be? About 2.5 million short on the cap?
          No, you ****ing idiot.

There's no salary cap in the playoffs. The Flames never violated the salary cap in the regular season.

I'm not sure if you realized this -- wait, yes I am sure you didn't realize this -- the Flames have quite a few high priced veteran NHL defensemen that've been playing in the AHL all season due to salary cap issues. Now that the regular season is over, they can and will play in the playoffs.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No, you ****ing idiot.

There's no salary cap in the playoffs. The Flames never violated the salary cap in the regular season.

I'm not sure if you realized this -- wait, yes I am sure you didn't realize this -- the Flames have quite a few high priced veteran NHL defensemen that've been playing in the AHL all season due to salary cap issues. Now that the regular season is over, they can and will play in the playoffs.
            Ahh, so Calgary likes to cheat, eh, and avoid waivers? I'm glad to see they finally got caught. I don't see why they should be permitted to call up 8 players when the playoffs start. They should have to pay against next year's cap too.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Jesus Christ. You are ****ing hopeless. You clearly don't know anything about the NHL.

Comment

They should still pay a fine. It's not fair for them to pull up 8 guys without some kind of penalty for doing so. 2.5 mill off next years cap seems fair.

Comment

Why the **** should they pay a fine? They're playing by the ****ing rules. The team ****ing played with 15 players for the home stretch and it probably cost them the division.

You don't have a ****ing idea how any of this works. Waivers were still in effect when the guys were called up too.

Go watch the NFL or something, you're clearly no hockey fan.

Comment

Why the **** should they pay a fine?
                    Why don't all the other teams do the same and call up 8 more guys?

They're playing by the ****ing rules.
                    It's never happened before, this is a loophole that needs to be plugged.

The team ****ing played with 15 players for the home stretch and it probably cost them the division.
                    Perhaps you should have someone who can manage his cap competently. All the teams have to play by the same rules. If you are going to force a cap down people's throats, then you gotta stick to the cap. Calgary can't whine about injuries. We missed the playoffs a year ago because of injuries, and Calgary is whining about a lost division? Man, my heart bleeds for you.

You don't have a ****ing idea how any of this works. Waivers were still in effect when the guys were called up too.
                    They were called up just now, evading waivers. Real fair move.

Go watch the NFL or something, you're clearly no hockey fan.
                    Call em as I see em. This rule needs to be changed so that teams have the option of calling up 8 emergency players which count against next year's cap. That way teams that get screwed have an option of getting the players they need, but with certain consequences.

Comment

Do you need to try to be wrong in everything you say, or is it an innate gift?

Comment

FWIW, they did not avoid waivers. The Canucks could've claimed some of them, like Anders Eriksson, if they wanted to.

Comment

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A closer game than I think everyone expected.

Still sucks to lose it as they did. I'd prefer they get blown out 10-0

Comment

Frankly, I expected the Hawks to lose.

Hey, the assist on that 2nd Calgary goal was awesome!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Maybe the win will give them the confidence they need. While Calgary came out strong in the first period, the Hawks playyoff inexperience also showed. Thank god, they got better as the game moved along.

And yes, the assist on the second goal was incredible.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X