No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't watch til the 4th period. Was beautiful.

Canucks games put me to sleep, and judging from CBC's ratings, everyone else as well.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Hawks escape. Outplayed for 57 minutes, and they get a lucky break.

They didn't deserve the win here.

Oh well, Back to Van.

Canucks in 6 like I figured it would be.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• The Canucks sat on a one goal lead... and it cost them the game. WINNER!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Hawks escape. Outplayed for 57 minutes, and they get a lucky break.

Oh well, Back to Van.

Canucks in 6 like I figured it would be.
          Oh, Precious Ben...

The Hawks outshot the Canucks nearly 2-1.

The Canucks did their usual ****. Score a goal, then PLAY THE MOST BORING HOCKEY IMAGINABLE UNTIL THE END. It didn't work.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Kesler watch:

7gp, -1.

Not exactly the best two-way forward in the playoffs. :sadnod:

Comment

• The Hawks outshot the Canucks nearly 2-1.
              The Hawks had just over 20 shots. That's not very many for a so-called 'offensive' team. I'd agree with you if they had 40 shots as Detroit had in the last game against Anaheim, but that wasn't the case.

It took a terrible play by Mitchell to give them a chance at all.

Hawks were only about a couple minutes away from being down 3-1 in the series coming back to Vancouver for game 5.

The Canucks did their usual ****. Score a goal, then PLAY THE MOST BORING HOCKEY IMAGINABLE UNTIL THE END.
              Hawks didn't solve it at all.

It didn't work.
              Nope, next time the Canucks will do what they've always been doing this series. Come out on fire score some goals and then hold on for the lead like they did in game 3.

I'd be worried if I were the Hawks.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Datsyuk is even.

7 games is such a large sample.

Tell me, how did Leopold do?

Hmm, 6 games, plus 2.

Bertuzzi was +4! He should get the Selke.

Comment

Datsyuk is even.

7 games is such a large sample.

Tell me, how did Leopold do?

Hmm, 6 games, plus 2.

Bertuzzi was +4! He should get the Selke.
                  He was surprisingly better and more effective than Kesler has been. Seriously.

And Leopold is a defenseman, Ben...FWIW, he was +2 which is also better than Kesler...

Comment

• The Canucks sat on a one goal lead... and it cost them the game. WINNER!
                    Hawks were fortunate.

I'll take a one goal lead with 3 minutes to play anyday over the alternative.

How many times can Chicago come back?

Comment

• He was surprisingly better and more effective than Kesler has been. Seriously.
                      Great, write his name down for the Selke. He'll have one vote.

Comment

The Hawks had just over 20 shots.
                        [action=Asher]gag[/action]

28 is "just over 20"?

You're a pathological dishonest liar. Sorry, -Jrabbit. It's true, though. Christ. He has no shame.

Hawks shots: 28
                        Canucks shots: 15

Now consider those numbers when reading this comment:
                        Hawks escape. Outplayed for 57 minutes, and they get a lucky break.

You are delusional.

Comment

Great, write his name down for the Selke. He'll have one vote.
                          Just illustrating Kesler had a flukey regular season whose statistics flatter him. All previous seasons and the playoffs are showing he's not a top-tier 2-way forward. Not in the same stratosphere as the other nominees.

Comment

• 28 is "just over 20"?
                            They had 28 shots at the 57 minute mark?

That's my point. If you are assessing their play, you can't include what happened in OT and after the 57 minute mark.

My argument is that they were fortunate to escape with a win after putting slightly over 20 shots on Luongo prior to the 57 minute mark. Compare this with Detroit who put up 40 in a losing effort against the Ducks.

Comment

• Don't bother, Ben. You're back on the ignore list for at least another week due to the immense stupidity and intentional dishonesty of your posts in such a short period of time. It tripped my breaker.

Comment

• Not in the same stratosphere as the other nominees.
                                You argued the award should be given to Datsyuk, who by the way is even in 7 games so far. Even or -1 is 'not in the same stratosphere. You have to compare apples to apples. If you are saying that selke nominees ought to be dominant in the playoffs, then that would disqualify Datsyuk as it would Kesler.

Or you could accept the fact that 7 games is too small a sample for a proper assessment.

Comment

Working...
                                X