No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem you have with Simpson, Ben, is simple. He's not a homer broadcaster. He's called many Flames games as well (and I assure you, the Flames/Oilers rivalry is far deeper than Canucks/Oilers) and he seemed to call it as he saw it, on both sides. I don't mind him.
    He made the wrong call last night about the dive, and it's not the first time that he's made similar mistakes over the last 8 games. I expect a Canadian broadcaster to have a bias in favour of the Canadian team, instead of fellating Chicago. If Chicago fans were to listen to CBC broadcasting, they'd be amazed to hear a more homer Chicago broadcast then their own. I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation.

I get the Sportsnet Pacific coverage for Canucks games during the regular season, and the homerism for those announcers is off the charts bad. I'd watch a game with the Canucks being down 3-0 with minutes to go and they'd talk about how they could still win this, and what a terrific job players like Willie Mitchell and Daniel Sedin were doing on the ice.
    That is what Simpson said when the Canucks were up 3-0 last game. He was going on and on about Chicago's transition game, and how well Byfuglien was getting on the net, and how they were going to come back. I had to listen to 40 minutes of that until they finally lost.

Now the Canucks fans have this ridiculous standard of homer commentary and whenever an announcer says something negative about the Canucks it's unacceptable?
    I'd rather have Crow. I've called into CBC several times already and said, look, its the Canucks, put Crow on the Colourman job.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Okay, Ben. Shut the **** up.

Link to the video of the non-dive so we can all judge.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Your squirming is nauseating. You are going to hell for lying. At least lie about non-trivial things.
        Edmonton -> Vancouver as

Vancouver -> Calgary.

Is it really that incomprehensible?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Edmonton -> Vancouver as

Vancouver -> Calgary.

Is it really that incomprehensible?
          Yes, considering you never mentioned Edmonton at all in your post and the post was already containing obvious factual errors that demonstrated a complete ignorance of the sport, which you have repeatedly demonstrated in general.

If you did not know Marc Crawford has been calling all of the Flames HNIC games this year, why would it be reasonable for you to know which team Simpson played for decades ago? You didn't even know he'd won any cups, either.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Yes, considering you never mentioned Edmonton at all in your post and the post was already containing obvious factual errors that demonstrated a complete ignorance of the sport, which you have repeatedly demonstrated in general.
            Simpson isn't a *****?

If you did not know Marc Crawford has been calling all of the Flames HNIC games this year, why would it be reasonable for you to know which team Simpson played for decades ago? You didn't even know he'd won any cups, either.
            I said Crow had won a cup as a coach, therefore he wasn't a ******. I never called Simpson stupid, I said he was a ***** and I don't think there's any ban on ****** winning stanley cups.

I mean Messier has 6.

Comment

Simpson isn't a *****?

I said Crow had won a cup as a coach, therefore he wasn't a ******.
              First of all, that is not a sound line of reasoning.
              Second of all, you are being patently disingenuous as usual.

Comment

• : popcorn: It appears there is no issue so small that it can't turn into a major flare-up between you two. That is awesome!

Oh, and call me a homer if you wish, but FWIW Ben, yes, I do believe the Hawks outplayed the Canucks in Game 4. In fact, I believe Chicago may have won...

If not for Luongo (who I've come to really respect), the outcome would not have been in doubt.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  : popcorn: It appears there is no issue so small that it can't turn into a major flare-up between you two. That is awesome!

Oh, and call me a homer if you wish, but FWIW Ben, yes, I do believe the Hawks outplayed the Canucks in Game 4. In fact, I believe Chicago may have won...

If not for Luongo (who I've come to really respect), the outcome would not have been in doubt.
                  Luongo is ridiculously good.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• It's almost a one-man team and Vancouver's coach knows it. That's why after they scored one goal last night, they just said '**** it' and put all the pressure on Luongo.

Just look at Vancouver's record without Luongo this year for all the evidence you need.

Comment

• Just look at Vancouver's record without Luongo this year for all the evidence you need.
                      Just look at Calgary without Kippersoft. They never won a game without him.

Comment

• I've seen Kiprusoff with my Sharks.
                        Are you saying you'd rather have him than Luongo?
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• No, I'm saying the metric used to assess one man teams is flawed.

Comment

Just look at Calgary without Kippersoft. They never won a game without him.
                            You are a liar.

Comment

• Wow, I'd no idea Brouwer, Seabrook, Ladd, and Fraser were on the same team together at 10 years old, for several years. The video of them as kids was adorable.

Seabrook kept falling down after unleashing his howitzer.

Comment

• I hope Ben appreciate Marc Crawford's insufferable homerism in the pre-game.

"They're gonna score on the Hawks right off the bat!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X