No announcement yet.

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what this means for Canada's olympic goaltender. It looks like Loungo isn't a big-game goaltender and buckles under pressure. He's fine in the first round when his team has a series lead, but as soon as the pressure ratchets up he folds like a house of cards.

Looks like Brodeur is still our man.

-----

And the Canucks had no injuries and home ice advantage and still couldn't outperform Calgary vs the Hawks. So, so waiting for Ben's response.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Anyways, I want to say congrats to the Hawks.

I honestly thought we had the series after game 3.

You played better then I expected you would.

I'll be cheering for you the rest of the way. Longest cup drought ever.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I wonder what this means for Canada's olympic goaltender. It looks like Loungo isn't a big-game goaltender and buckles under pressure. He's fine in the first round when his team has a series lead, but as soon as the pressure ratchets up he folds like a house of cards.
        Well you are a chicken**** piece of crap, but we already knew that.

Luongo was badly injured by Buffy, and never played the same for the rest of the game.

Frankly, I really don't care what you think anymore about hockey, because if you called that 'drama queen', I don't know what to say. Buffy sat on him and then cut him in the mask with his stick. That's the dirtiest play I've ever seen in a long time.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Looks like Brodeur is still our man.
          The same man who got scored on twice in 60 seconds by Carolina of all teams?

I just hope Luongo is ok, after that cheap shot by Buffy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Well you are a chicken**** piece of crap, but we already knew that.

Luongo was badly injured by Buffy, and never played the same for the rest of the game.

If Luongo was badly injured, he shouldn't have been playing. He looked alright to me. He just played as well as he has this whole series, which is to say not very well.

Frankly, I really don't care what you think anymore about hockey, because if you called that 'drama queen', I don't know what to say. Buffy sat on him and then cut him in the mask with his stick. That's the dirtiest play I've ever seen in a long time.
            You clearly saw the Alternate Reality broadcast of the game in BC.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• This may be Sundin's last game.
              He was value for the money. If they do, it will be to bring up the young kids, and add them in.

I'm not sure who will be back and who will be gone. I've laid out a few scenarios, and I think the Canucks may try a radical look, or they may try more of the same.

At least they'll have a guaranteed division next year. Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Colorado are all terrible teams. Calgary's peaked, Colorado's on it's way back up and the Canucks are the only ones who if they keep things going will have a shot at the division.

Comment

• You clearly saw the Alternate Reality broadcast of the game in BC.
                He was injured and proved it. Again, I hope he's alright and didn't have any further injuries.

And you're still a piece of crap as usual. Do you think I'd have cheered that Kipper got hurt?

Comment

The same man who got scored on twice in 60 seconds by Carolina of all teams?

I just hope Luongo is ok, after that cheap shot by Buffy.
                  Brodeur has the credentials and shows he does well under pressure. Luongo just let 7 goals in during the biggest game of his life. He just lost his starting job, sorry...

Brodeur's playoff stats here are far better than Luongo's, even before he shat the bed tonight. Sorry Ben.

Comment

He was injured and proved it. Again, I hope he's alright and didn't have any further injuries.

And you're still a piece of crap as usual. Do you think I'd have cheered that Kipper got hurt?
                    Luongo didn't get hurt and I didn't cheer. I saw his head whip back as the stick glanced his mask and didn't even enter it as he clutched the mask to get a play stoppage. After the commercial break he was up and perfectly fine, of course.

Face it, Ben. He just wasn't good tonight.

Comment

• BONUS: This is actually wrong and you are a proven liar yet again. Al MacInnis. Look it up, he was a hockey player...
                      The fact you had to look it up says volumes.

He played 48 percent of his career with St. Louis, so technically, it's correct, but he retired a Blue, and he was best known as a St. Louis Blue.

Comment

• Luongo didn't get hurt and I didn't cheer. I saw his head whip back as the stick glanced his mask and didn't even enter it as he clutched the mask to get a play stoppage. After the commercial break he was up and perfectly fine, of course.
                        He was terrible afterwards. I'm not sure what game you are watching but he let in an awful goal, and then another bad goal on yet another penalty call in the final minutes, 'to even up' the calls.

Oh, well. I wonder if the streak will go 20 years now. Good on you Bettman. I hope he's toast.

Comment

The fact you had to look it up says volumes.
                          I didn't have to look it up, you dishonest coward.

If you'll recall, I made a huge stink about Al Macinnis a couple years ago on this very site because the Oilers were classless and boycotted his jersey retirement.

He played 48 percent of his career with St. Louis, so technically, it's correct, but he retired a Blue, and he was best known as a St. Louis Blue.
                          You're such a sleazy douchebag, Ben. He may've been best known as a Blue to you, but he was a key member of Calgary's cup in '88 and played the majority of his career in Calgary. The fact that you don't know this **** is your problem, not mine.

Comment

• Brodeur has the credentials and shows he does well under pressure. Luongo just let 7 goals in during the biggest game of his life. He just lost his starting job, sorry...
                            It wasn't his best game, but he played injured. I was hollering at Vigneault to pull him and let the backup finish up. That's how badly hurt Luongo was.

Brodeur's playoff stats here are far better than Luongo's, even before he shat the bed tonight. Sorry Ben.
                            He was 1.90 GAA prior to this game. Those are pretty good stats. He won more games then Brodeur, and played better throughout the playoffs, and the regular season.

Olympics are in Vancouver, so they will play Luongo to start next year, barring some catastrophic injury.

Comment

• PS (Re MacInnis):

MacInnis got 102 of his 160 playoff points with Calgary. He also was a Conn Smythe trophy winner with Calgary. He got 822 of his 1274 career regular season points with Calgary also.

The fact that you think he is best known as a Blue is just because you are stupid.

Comment

• I didn't have to look it up, you dishonest coward.
                                O RLY?

That's why you DanS'ed your post after a quick google?

If you'll recall, I made a huge stink about Al Macinnis a couple years ago on this very site because the Oilers were classless and boycotted his jersey retirement.
                                Of course, just like Lanny MacDonald, anyone who ever dressed for Calgary is eligible.

You're such a sleazy douchebag, Ben. He may've been best known as a Blue to you, but he was a key member of Calgary's cup in '88 and played the majority of his career in Calgary. The fact that you don't know this **** is your problem, not mine.
                                Seeing as I quoted the percentages, I suggest dissing my knowledge is a poor way to deflect from your inadequecies.

Comment

Working...
                                X